A Bob appreciation thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter W3H5
  • 72 comments
  • 5,808 views

W3H5

New Member
Premium
Messages
30,458
Thailand
Thailand
There is so much negativity towards Bob these days, we all know he can be an idiot at times but there are times when he can bring a smile to ones face.

As this is being typed my new Lvl2 Bob (J. Stuart) is taking part in the Japanese classics race for a bit of practice. So far he has managed to do nothing but drift the whole of grand valley. While I had hoped he would drive straight to the front of the pack and stay there I am more enjoying his wild tyre smoking session in the GSR 1600 rally car on C/S tyres and can't wait to save his replay.
Bob has made my day with his crazy shenanigans and it made me wonder if any one else has a fond love for the plank we call Bob?
 
One of my Bobs (Lvl 4) is an absolute maniac, very agressive, doesn't understand the concept of braking points, always seems to tangle with the opposition, and has had some odd crashes...

The only reason I haven't retired him is that he provides entertainment and I'm always watching to see what he does next!
 
I think sometimes Bob think the track is a gymkhana! (To show of his drifting skills)
 
I tried to spend a little more time with Bob. I decided that the Bobs actually hate driving, but they committed some kind of heinous crime in GT-world and are being punished by being forced to race, while some cruel overlord keeps saying "overtake, pace up, overtake overtake" until they just ignore it and go drive in the sand for a while.
 
lol funny thread. I yelled and cursed out Bob many a time but I'm happy to say all my Bob's have grown up and after I gold the last two 24 hour races Bob will have golded all of B-SPec for me.
 
Being Bob's manager = :banghead:
 
Yesterday my Bob did 2 wonderful things. I gave him the keys to one of my Ford GT cars and he spent 2 lap driving like a nutcase. He won, but was sideways in corners I never knew could be taken that fast sideways. I smiled, whilst also being terrified. Later, he was miles in the lead and I was on twitter, I looked up and saw him taking a load of green bollards out as he was again going sideways. Great stuff!

Also, the AI drives like crazy nutters in BSpec mode too, why dont they drive like this in ASpec? I love the crazy BSpec drivers :)
 
I'm having a real bonding session this morning, I think Bob is destined for greatness once he learns that full-throttling mid corner in a Maserati GT-S is not the fastest way to overtake. Keep up the good work Bobs of the world, make us proud!
 
I tried to spend a little more time with Bob. I decided that the Bobs actually hate driving, but they committed some kind of heinous crime in GT-world and are being punished by being forced to race, while some cruel overlord keeps saying "overtake, pace up, overtake overtake" until they just ignore it and go drive in the sand for a while.

This is by far the best way to define what is going on in B-Spec. I love it.
 
Being Bob's manager = :banghead:

For maximum frustration do a ride-along. You'll :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: as he brakes randomly on straights, runs into the back of AI cars over and over when there is 40 feet of passing room, and comes to a complete stop mid-corner in order to avoid overtaking.

Sorry, I guess I don't have all that much appreciation for Bob. :lol:
 
When I hit lv.40 I'm gonna give assign colorX-1 to my Bobs, so it will feel like power rangers lol~
 
I put my newest Bob (B.Woodward) in the nascar race at indy, I figured he might be able to hang with the A.I for 6-8 laps before he would fade and come last, but ended up winning by 10.3 seconds.

After the race his level went from 0 to 7 and made me feel quite proud.
 
One of my Bobs (Lvl 4) is an absolute maniac, very agressive, doesn't understand the concept of braking points, always seems to tangle with the opposition, and has had some odd crashes...

The only reason I haven't retired him is that he provides entertainment and I'm always watching to see what he does next!

So he is Kamui Kobayashi?

I'm loving my Bob right now in the Formula GT Championship, he rockets around in that thing, I don't even need to tell him to do anything, he just shoots by everyone.
 
Bob is so much better than the virtual pet thing I once had as a child. No need to feed or water him or even change his bottom. All he needs is a little encouragement in the form of "Faster you son-of-a-hand bag!" and he's happy.
 
Just finished the FGT championship in B-Spec. That fool can drive a FGT.
 
I wish we could see the look of terror on Bobs face behind that helmet when he manages to be facing the wrong way after a spin and the rest of the grid a coming his way rather fast.
 
Ah yes good ol bob, only he could drift every single corner in my silvia and come in last place and drive my 69 camaro better than I can. It seems the worse the car should be for him the better he can drive it
 
I have posted this already in the photo mode forum, as I connected a short race summary with photographs during S.Masuda racing his heart out in a Ferrari F40.
Here is the short version:
"I have now experienced for the first time a purely thrilling, entertaining race in B-Spec mode.

The usual races are just what most people here call "grinding" - a necessary practice, to level one's drivers and earn money in the process.

I felt highly bored and limited at the same time, having to use the very few controls, one has in B-Spec in it's current state.
I wish for improvement for the future, namely more control, a more team director/ race engineer feel to it with all it's plays and duties (a great opportunity, to finally implement an extensive chassis data recording and displaying telemetry data live and recorded).

So back to the race then - my driver S. Masuda has been leveled up to Level 16 in the course of this weekend. It was the first time, I really paid attention to B-Spec mode and had mostly feelings of impatience and disappointment connected to the many chances, left unused by Masuda San.

I consistently had to provide him the finest, highly tuned racing machines, he demanded, to clear the many races on his way to refining his driving skills to the point, where his big coming out as a fine and highly intelligent racing driver has been dated.

It had been in Le Mans, on the Circuit de la Sarthe, where he fought the greatest battle of his career in racing what turned out, to be an epic showdown between three drivers in three of the greatest super cars in history.

Masuda San had to compete a field full of fast drivers with his fiercest competitors racing an McLaren F1 and a Pagani Zonda down the unforgiving Mulsanne Straight at speeds far higher than 300 km/h.

Masuda had not to fear, standing his grounds with an unequal machine.
As a real race spec machine is not available as of yet in the great world of Gran Turismo, he was given a highly tuned Ferrari F40, to find his match.
The machine, given to him has been extensively raced on the very circuit and it's setup refined during endless sessions, day and night.

a few from the set:

5317521581_e1994630e6_b.jpg


5317529885_8a10a2bab5_b.jpg


5318141456_01c1100201_b.jpg


5317555551_ca03e99638_b.jpg


5318131478_2e353df636_b.jpg


I do photograph motor sports and make prints. When GT5 arrived, I was overwhelmed by it's new photo mode.
There are some kinks, to iron out, but so far everything just fits - from "operating the camera gear" to small things like fully intact EXIF data with exposure information - very well done PD!

Please visit the flickr set, to read up the story of the whole race.
Thanks for looking."

My driver really surprised me with this excellent and most exciting race, that he actually managed to keep my attention to the race.
The Ferrari F40 seems to suit him well. I continue, to let him have this machine, although he always fits and AT and tires, I really do not like on this car.
 
Bob is the best:lol:
well my is:lol:
his on class level 13 .. B-Spec Level 14 ..
on a side note i hate B-Spec Mode:crazy:
But i really want that X2010 You Get At Level 35:dopey:
 
I put my level zero B-Bob in the FGT and sent him out (with three of his brothers) to run laps at Laguna Seca and set him up to pit at 10% strength. He made it a whole three laps. :lol:

Now (only a few short hours later) he's at level 18 and tearing up the Indy 500. I can't drive while I'm sleeping, but I'm more than happy to wake up to an extra 89,900 credits in my account! Thanks B-Bobs! :cheers:
 
It must be better when his level is higher (currently my Bob, E.Franco, is at level 10), but at the sport truck race at daytona I fully tuned my Dodge Ram to have over double the BHP of the competition, and even when I constantly shout "increase pace" he just lets the Toyota Tacomas overtake him!

I did eventually get him to win that race, with pure luck, and just got another Midget II for winning it :grumpy:
 
Watching my Bob racing at Daytona = :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Don't you love it, when he consistently brakes every lap at the start finish kink ?

I got mine winning with breaking somehow though. Since then, he only did good.
 
Don't you love it, when he consistently brakes every lap at the start finish kink ?

I got mine winning with breaking somehow though. Since then, he only did good.

I saw somewhere else on here about reducing the braking to 1/1 to minimize the impact of Bob braking inappropriately on the banked corners... tried it and it seemed to work, he still braked but didn't lose so much speed after the adjustment
 
Bob is the best:lol:
well my is:lol:
his on class level 13 .. B-Spec Level 14 ..
on a side note i hate B-Spec Mode:crazy:
But i really want that X2010 You Get At Level 35:dopey:

Its worth the early frustration,got in from work this morning and Bob has just finished a 9hr enduro,my Bspec is now 35 and i ahve my Vettel X2010 .It is insane.

I love my Bobs as frustrating as they can be there are times when they amaze me.They can drive most of my cars better than i can as well.
 
I was grinding the Gran Turismo All Stars (?) to level up B spec. It was the Cape Ring race and as usual there is a corner where Bob (in this case Hamster!... R Hammond) spins in the early stages of the race. He tried to get going (he was in the lead) and made it to the other side of the road and was ready to get moving. Now normally Bob will sit there and graciously let all the other cars through rather than cause problems for them... Not this time! Bob grits his teeth and pulls out, managing to rejoin the race in 4th position which must be some sort of record. Within seconds he was back in the lead, off on his merry way to a Gold Cup! That particular Bob (mostly) seems to have got the message that aggressive driving is the answer as he is capable of overtaking on the inside, outside and on corners. I am impressed!
 
I like my bob most of the time. He actually impressed me on the 'Ring using the Minolta, running a 6:25.xxx Not too bad for him :)
 
I actually really Enjoy the B-Spec side of the Game .

Currently my Bob's are Earning me 1008000cr in just over a Hour :lol:

They've Golded Every single Race bar the Last 24 Hour Race at Level 40 .

Earnt me lots of cr and continue to do so , loads of Cars (some of them where even usefull :lol:) and as everyone mentions its nice to wake up and see even more cr earnt whilst your asleep .

Currently The Bob's Stats are .

R.Visser 178 Wins and 12 Losses (maybe i should Fire him :lol:) Level 35
V.Chaney 59 Wins No Losses (ok he's doing a bit better i suppose) Level 35
A.Kirsch 56 Wins 1 Loss (my fault I fell asleep during a FGT Race :dunce:) Level 35
S.Carrasco 55 Wins No Losses (seems ok aswell ) Level 34
L.Vermeulen 51 Wins No Losses (A Hothead in early days he scared me to Death ) Level 35
M.Schroeder 40 Wins No Losses (another Hothead but seems to be calming down now , thank god :lol: ) Level 35

Yes they earnt me the X2010 and seeing one of the Hotheads lap the Tokyo R246 in 58.224 seconds in the X2010 was a Proud but scary moment :crazy:

Having 16666861cr in the Virtual Bank is even better :)
 
Back