A Bob appreciation thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter W3H5
  • 72 comments
  • 5,808 views
My ode to Bob - Real name, R. Madrid a.k.a The Beast

Oh Bob, oooooh Bob,
you'll always be my s.o.b.
I still remember the first day that we meet 👍
you were young and aggressive and full of it :mad:
you couldn't take a turn no matter how hard you tried :crazy:
so many times I've said to myself, oh Bob just died :scared:
because all that mattered to you, was your black slick hair :rolleyes:
but now Bob, now you ride the car with style and flair :cool:
you've come through it all with hard work and skill 👍
now when I look into your helmet, I see the word; KILL :nervous:
remember Bob, how I used to yell at you when all was at stake :lol:
overtake Bob overtake, for the love of god please dont break :banghead:
but now I just have to say; come on man, full throtlle ahead :p
and sure enough Bob, 2 secs. later your opponents are left for dead :cool:
now you drive hard with accuracy and take corners with ease :bowdown:
I think with you, I've finally found some peace :sly:
we have come a long way you and I
now on to victory my friend, the limit is the sky. :gtpflag:


My Bob is currently at B-spec level 15
 
Bob has made my day with his crazy shenanigans and it made me wonder if any one else has a fond love for the plank we call Bob?

You know what, I had exactly the same experience recently after being forced to create another Bob. He was fcuking epic. Giving him a superior car with shltty tyres in races makes for awesome replays.:sly:
 
TB
I put my level zero B-Bob in the FGT and sent him out (with three of his brothers) to run laps at Laguna Seca and set him up to pit at 10% strength. He made it a whole three laps. :lol:

Now (only a few short hours later) he's at level 18 and tearing up the Indy 500. I can't drive while I'm sleeping, but I'm more than happy to wake up to an extra 89,900 credits in my account! Thanks B-Bobs! :cheers:



Exactly what I'm doing right now. Laying in bed, typing this, and my two new Level 0 Bobs are running the Indy 200 lap race. Nice to wake up to.


Go Bobs, go.
 
My Bob is a true gent. When he goes out of the track, he lets everyone pass before joining the race again. I think other drivers raise their hand to thank him.
 
My Bob's area ll above level 33. (35 being the highest) I very thankful for them all! Bob got the the Formula GT races before I did and after finishing them myself, I now have a new appreciation for Bob. He did well in the FGT races!

Thanks Bob's for earning me Cr and cars!
 
My Bob's earned me 2000000 cr yesterday so they're all good in my book.
 
The thing most people don't realize about B-spec drivers is that they're supposed to be completely green at first. In effect, they're supposed to be complete amateurs. It's then our job to make sure they get the training and mentoring they need to become better drivers. It takes a lot of time, and most gamers are impatient.

But think about it, were you a great virtual driver when you started off in any racing game (not just GT)? Or were you overshooting corners, spinning out, generally making lots of mistakes? That's how B-spec is...it starts off as a completely nanny-needing beginner and gets better with time.

Imagine if the game gave us this phenomenol driver instead from the get-go, who wins everything he touches. How boring would that be? I prefer a bit of drama...a bit of a question mark...when my B-spec drivers are at the wheel.
 
My Bob trashed my Miata, and my NASCAR...

Some how he managed to roll my Miata in the 4 hour Tsukuba race, and then drove into a wall at Daytona and rolled over... :confused:

He didn't receive a brain for Christmas, how tragic.
 
My fourth Bob, lvl 16 G. Schumacher, is definately not related to a certain M. Shumacher. Or even R. He's probably related to a doorknob, or something like that.

Send him out in the American championship, in a fully tuned ZR1 RM, to drive in circles... left to his own device, he'll come in somewhere near the back.

Well coach him then! Ok, so I do... he easily takes the lead, he keeps it for quite some time. Then in the last few laps, for some reason, no matter how loud and often I yell "GO FASTER!", he falls back to around 8th or so... and then it's a crap-shoot. No matter what instructions I give him, he'll just go back and forth from 8th to 1st, but mostly around 4th...

I guess it's actually a good thing though. My other Bob's never did this, so there's some good AI in there somewhere :) for now, Schumi will just use the FGT in Like the wind... (hmm, maybe he is related to M., and only wants to race formula cars?)
 
Probably with the X1 "CHEATCAR" ....

Yup 👍

Dream Car Championship 5 x 108,000 CR for each win 540,000 Cr for the Championship .

They've won it in other Cars aswell GTR-GT500 was about the Hardest Overall as the Non Cheating AI ( yer right ) Stuck a XJR-9LM in the Field thats got almost twice the Horsepower .

So now its just a CR Earner and why not :)
 
Last edited:
It's been fun managing Bob. It's hard to flip an Autobiachi as well as he can.
 
i grabbed my brand new lv.0 bob (S. Koivu, im a Montreal Canadiens fan) my the seat of the pants and threw him into an extreme european 20 lap race, with a "slightly" overpowered car. he actually drove magnificently! he jumped from lv.0 to lv 10! not bad saku!
 
Right just doing the Gran Turismo car on pro series B-spec, now if my BOB wins every race bar 1, can i go back and just do that race to win the prize car?

Only asking as my BOB span out @ the beginning on a 2 lap race @ the nurbureg ring.
 
My Bobs just can't drive the Tsukuba circuit properly... They always spin out in the hairpins. But once when doing the Roadster cup, he spinned again and fell to 3rd. Then suddenly he recovers unbelievably and grabs 1st. =D
 
i've been going crazy weeks ago, when he was losing about every race, but today it's a big turn around. now he's at level 11 and i can leave him alone and he'll pass cars where i've never seen him pass before. it's going great now
 
My bobs level 40 doin the lemans 24hr and is unreal. always takes first in all endurance races and others and never loses it. dont even have to coach him. love this guy makes me all kinds of credits.
 
I'm glad to know that my Bob isn't the only one who can fail miserably at a race while having vastly superior equipment than the rest of the field.

Sometimes he likes to stop and let the field go by, other times he drives into walls for no good reason.

Overtake to my Bob, means hit the brakes, and let the guy behind you pass. :D
 
i grabbed my brand new lv.0 bob (S. Koivu, im a Montreal Canadiens fan) my the seat of the pants and threw him into an extreme european 20 lap race, with a "slightly" overpowered car. he actually drove magnificently! he jumped from lv.0 to lv 10! not bad saku!

It's interesting is how some B-spec drivers drive well fresh from the box, while others drive terribly!
 
I used to hate my bob, R. Ramos, and thought a chimp could do better. Then at level 10 I put him in a stock Lamborghini Countach and he smoked the Nostalgia cup. Now at level 11 I have him carving up in my ZR1 RM and he isn't spinning, just winning.
 
I unleashed my level 14 Bob onto the historic cup race with my 2J and did a race where I actively coached him (i.e. told him to slow down for that first chicane at Cote d' Azur) and he finished 0.7 s behind the AI 2J. I tried again and all of my exhorting couldn't prevent him from crashing on that chicane the first 3 laps and falling to last place. I wrote him off and switched my tv to some football but just let it run since XP is XP. I turned it back during a commercial to find that he'd build a 15s lead by lap 6! My Bobs are definitely growing up before my eyes. I'm so proud of the li'l ones.
 
While this bonus winnings thing is going on Bob is AWESOME. Dream car championship in the f1gt you get 108k per race and most of the races lasts about 15-20min, then you get 520k for winning the championship. Half the time you can skip the last race (3 laps around the full nurburgring which is by far the longest) as long as you are up by more than 100 after the 4th race. I'm sure it would be even faster in the x2010.

Yes in a-spec you can get like 87k in 3 and a half minutes in f1gt (or faster with x2010) but then you gotta grind the oval. With bob you can do other things and still get millions relatively quickly and enjoy the actual racing against other ppl or trying to break your own lap records without having to grind.
 
Was very annoyed with Bob in the Vitz race, but I was shocked when he was able to win the Sport Truck race at Daytona without any problems. He took the lead in the second lap and won by 16 seconds, granted it was with a fully tuned SVT.
 
The absolute funniest thing I have seen playing GT5 is H.Carlsson trying to navigate the Eiger short course with a Buick Special.
 
Great thread, I :lol: when I spotted it, and :lol: even more reading it. Thanks.

I enjoy the shear entertainment value that Bob generates...:) I mean, most times it's like watching some kool drifting movie...:sly:
There have been many times like when he slides off track...he just sits there till everyone else is gone...as you should. ;) Then he'll go like a shot cat, right back into the pack...:lol:

One thing I feel is missing though.....how do we show Bob our appreciation for his efforts.?
Do we just let him loose with the new car he just won...or maybe something better....??
We need a "thumbs up" sign we can flag over the pit wall...add it to the 4 commands we now have for him...? Just a thought...:)
 
I love sticking my bob in a Toyota 7 and putting him in the Sunday Cup. With it being on comfort tyres he's a drift god round the autumn mini ring when I push the pace for him.

Keep it up ODDBALL (my nickname for him) you are the drift king !!!
 
Just got S.Masuda a factory new Ferrari Enzo.
I drove the car in, added some chassis upgrades, to fix the difficult handling and gave the car to Masuda San.

He is now earning EXP, to level to 20.

He is doing very well, somehow, he is fond of Ferrari - I didn't see him making mistakes, as he does with other cars.

He never spun the Ferrari F40 on sports tires and he catches every sideways action, the Enzo tries with him.
I am very impressed, as both cars in their current tune are a handful to master.

5318131478_2e353df636_b.jpg


S.Masuda | Ferrari F40 | Le Mans
 
Overtake to my Bob, means hit the brakes, and let the guy behind you pass. :D[/QUOTE]
 
Back