A couple of races on 2nd Nov - 5:30pm GMTFinished 

• Thread starter Lilium
  • 61 comments
Streets of Willow should be OK with small, low powered cars? It's very twisty but enables multiple lines through the sequences.

However, if anyone gets tapped off by a mistake they will be dirt tracking 10-30 seconds to get back on. Not as bad as the high speed off-camber kitty litter of the big track.

If the R390 is allowed as a 630pp GT car then the TS020 would be as well. I would probably have left for the Toyota 2000GT series by then, though.

I do have one small question I would like to ask:

For the 630PP Race Cars event, I take it from your post that anything goes, as long as it's not from any form of Prototype class? Say I was to bring, for instance, a Nissan R390, which, for many reasons, is technically a GT1 car, that would be acceptable, whereas the officially-GT/Prototype-hybrids-but-really-more-Prototypes that is the Toyota TS020 and Bentley Speed 8 aren't?
Yeah, I was about to update that as well. GT1's would be above a gt3/gt2/gt500/ALMS/DTM Etc category I was thinking.
I really didn't want to limit much the choice, to try and see if people bring out nice carsm that are not picked that often. but the GTI is indeed anotehr realm, and having CLK GTR and r390 would take the field, I assume

Which also leaves me to the part where if the performance really differs, should I enable Handicap boost, to keep an even pack? Its small races, so trying to have a close pack keeps the fun, but there are those who utterly despise handicap boost, and I can respect that

@BenMillard Indeed Streets is pretty closed and with narrow twists. Its a nice option, yes

I apologize if my english isn't the best atm, I'm at work and answering clients while typing :v it makes me perform a few mistakes

@Niku Driver HC Yeah, I understand the concern. ITs a pity that it has a low attendance. Probably because I'm neither super active on the online racing scene here on GTP, due to my crazy work schedule, thus people shrugging it a bit off, and also perhaps by the date. if it was a weekend I know we could have a biut more attendance. But unfortunatly, weekends are no-go fo me. I usually work on them, and if the sun doesn't shine, and I have a weekend off, the wife wants it.
Plus, 1 friend of mine might join in, but he's not registered here.

Well I suspect it's the lack of interest in GT6 online racing as a whole unless it's a GTP-endorsed event and/or a very popular type of racing. You aren't very active in GT6 racing, but it's not like you are a dirty racer with no regard for the rules, Trial taught me otherwise about your driving style, if anything.
Obviously, setting these events up on weekends does help, but you more or less wrote that thing out of the picture, so there's not much which can be done to change that.

Also, you can update the list with my name, see my last post on page 1 here.

I'm very concerned with the 630PP Race Cars class.

I'm not sure if the Group C Cars, Vision GT cars or if the Pikes Peak Cars are allowed.

I'm very concerned with the 630PP Race Cars class.

I'm not sure if the Group C Cars, Vision GT cars or if the Pikes Peak Cars are allowed.
Vision are out of the box, since prototypes are a no go. group C and pikes Peak, while they are really grippy, they lack the accel past 200KM/H, which handicaps them on high speed sections. I'll have to test out times tomorrow against a normal ALMS/GT3

After testing a bit, The Pikes Peak (tested on the quattro. I know the SX4 would behave the same), and if an max down aero, they're still too grippy, so I'll leave them out.

Group B I couln't put neither the Delta S or the RS2000 near the PP limit, siting around 590.

@Harsk100 Group C were already excluded since the beggining

SOrry guys, but unfortunatly, I'm away from home at t5he time, trying to see if I buy a home with my wife. and today won't be possible. if you guys all can, we can play this out tomorrow, or next week.
Really sorry for this.

@Harsk100 @Niku Driver HC @epic_apri_39 @rallymorten @BenMillard
It's alright Lilium, personal things come first.

I don't mind if we race tommorrow or then next week as long as I'm available. 👍

I'm not too displeased with that, seeing as, as is par for the course for me, everything happens at the same time :lol:

If somebody was selfish enough, they could of course just run it all themselves, but let's be honest, it isn't the same if the original host isn't there.

Well I was just about to ask if everyone forgot that the race was today, but that question was answered before I got the chance. House woes! :lol:

Joke aside, that's a shame. I can race either tomorrow or next week unless something changes, so I'll wait for the other drivers' opinions on the matter...

I could do tomorrow. 5:30pm GMT works out great for me at the moment. We should be done before my other half gets home and it doesn't clash with anything else I have planned in the week. 👍

Reopened
Sorry, cooking, meowing cat, and purchasing and painting. oh boy this isn't easy on the stress

Anyway, ID: 1472-6399-8665-9411-0490

Come on @BenMillard. I just thought of it while i was crossing the line. sorry I didn't gave the pos. away. But then again, we're all just racing without really trying to win. its better to have fun.

Sorry about what happened, but you're being overly competitive Ben

..I have my own opinion on *that* matter, but, because this has been great fun and because I don't feel like being called a "spoiled brat", I'll keep it to what was said in the room.

Regardless, I've had some great fun with this. Granted, the Lupos, the Meganes and the wagons didn't really work out for me, but that Toyota race, and those last few laps.. :lol:

Didn't run the last few races seeing as my connection was playing up in just 10 minutes.

Back