A Deeper Look at DiRT 4's Team Management Features

Discussion in 'DiRT Series' started by GTPNewsWire, Mar 20, 2017.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. brockie

brockie

What with this team management and the sim side of this game I can imagine the platinum will be a bit of a pig

3. jake2013guy

jake2013guy

Looks good. Looking forward to it.

4. RickyGT

RickyGT

Sounds like the first GRID.. I just hope it will be more immersive than the last games or even grid because their last ones (except F12017 which I haven't played yet) lacked a lot on that.

Wolfe, BKGlover and jake2013guy like this.
  5. jake2013guy

jake2013guy

Nobody's played F1 2017 yet. :p

6. BKGlover

BKGlover

It sounds a lot more in depth than GRID 1, which was one of the bonus bits of the game that has helped keep it up on my list. The article also makes it sound like Dirt Rally has a team builder aspect as well, but I haven't played it so I don't know.

I think I've found what sells me on a PS4/XB1.

7. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

It sort of has one, but it's not much. You hire mechanics for a set number of stages. The more you drive, the more job vacancies you get. As you earn more money, better staff become available for hire. But that's it. Eventually it's just a drain on your resources, where you spend tens of thousands of dollars renewing staff contracts instead of buying new cars.

jake2013guy and BKGlover like this.
  8. Brend

Brend Premium

Yeah as @prisonermonkeys pointed out it's there but not very worthwhile at all. I basically ignored it after a few weeks. This seems to actually be a lot more integral to the experience, however.

BKGlover and jake2013guy like this.
  9. ELmarcotuff

ELmarcotuff

I hope the liveries are diverse, kind of like grid 2 and grid autosport, where you had a bunch of simple liveries and then a bunch of liveries with detailed designs.