Codemasters Announces First Ever DiRT World Championships

I have no problem with the physics (simulation mode). Nor the physics in WRC7, DR, SLRE, PC1, PC2, GTS, GT6, GT5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

Just make the best of it and adapt. We’re not talking Mario Kart racing here.

I'm super excited for this. I can see so much potential and a drive in a real rallycross car would be insanely awesome.

They have made some interesting decisions though. Like unlimited retries seems weird given how many people complain about 5 retries being too much in esports wrc

First (and likely only) crack at round #1 has me at P486 a whopping 3+ minutes behind. The person currently sitting in 5th place is 29 seconds off the leader and 22 seconds behind 4th place.

Well it was worth a try. Officially retiring from anything eSport related.

Count me in with those who are disappointed that they've invested into this instead of the game itself. Could be worse, though -- could have been another whole online-focused title dedicated to eSports. Don't let racing games go the way of shooters...

Count me in with those who are disappointed that they've invested into this instead of the game itself. Could be worse, though -- could have been another whole online-focused title dedicated to eSports. Don't let racing games go the way of shooters...
Yeah I'm hopefully they use this as motivation to add more content. Like imagine if at the finals they announced new rally locations and rallycross tracks which were then then played by the finalists before being released in an update. Would be so sick. (doubt it will happen but I can dream)
Racing esports sure does seem to be the trend at the moment. That new online focused game you refer to being only the latest in many esports announcements

Like unlimited retries seems weird given how many people complain about 5 retries being too much in esports wrc

There should be the standard 10 shakedowns and then one chance at the stage. That would separate the men from the boys. :D

I have no problem with the physics (simulation mode). Nor the physics in WRC7, DR, SLRE, PC1, PC2, GTS, GT6, GT5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

Just make the best of it and adapt. We’re not talking Mario Kart racing here.

Well said. Even if we were talking about Mario Kart, play and adapt to that too!

Latest Posts

Back