A Desperate Plea for Tourist Trophy 2

I have been playing Ride 2 on the PS4 which is a pretty decent substitute for a TT2 game. Over 200 bikes with all the DLC and a reasonable selection of tracks.

Maybe if it had engine swaps (that weren't limited to only the same manufacturer like in other games)?
Classic Mini with a Hayabusa engine anyone? And, for car engines, maybe a classic Beetle with a more modern boxer engine from a Subaru.

Nope. Focus on one area. Cars or bikes. Not both

I bought a backwards compatible PS3 just to play TT. I'm on my 3rd copy of TT now, the last one I picked up for the astonishing price of €1 from a games store.
I was going to tell the store guy that it was a lost classic and I was essentially stealing it from them, but no one cares about PS2 titles anymore. More fool them.
Got to say though, GP500 and SBK2001 on the pc are still the best bike games ever made. The side to side lean rate of GP500 has never been equaled, it just felt intuitive and controllable with a MS Sidewinder Freestlye Pro gyroscopic game pad that was made for their MX title of the time.
Sbk2001 was the best feeling bike game / physics I have played, that series and the Motogp series could never recreate that magic. TT was very good as well, I’d love another go on a more modern GT platform no matter what the “car only” doomsday crowd says!

Ride 2 is the closest thing that we have as of right now and it's absolutely fantastic. If your a bike fan you owe it to yourself to at least give it a shot.
I agree. I'm having fun with Ride2.
A shame Dovi messed up in Australia. I wanted him to take it at Valencia.

I've been a motorcyclist for 30 years, and TT was the only motorcycle game that ever felt right to me. It had it's quirks (I think it was the Yamaha RD400 at Tsukuba that was almost impossible to get gold), but it was so good, so fun, so right. And it had GT4's excellent photo mode. I took nearly a thousand photos (sadly all on a thumb drive lost many years ago). If TT2 is announced, it will finally give me a reason to buy a PS4.
I have Tourist Trophy to thank for becoming a motorcyclist in the first place, now going on 10 years. :) Its GT4-based physics were technically not nearly as realistic as the Ride games, but the way it recreates the sensation of riding a motorcycle was what hooked me on the idea of getting my M certification. That and its smooth controllability are things the first Ride could not match. I still haven't bought Ride 2 yet because I felt somewhat burned buying the first game. :indiff:

Yeah.. do it PD, bikes are definitely better than vision GT cars.. (while vision GT gives GT sport unique futuristic feel, so well done!)

Yeah.. do it PD, bikes are definitely better than vision GT cars.. (while vision GT gives GT sport unique futuristic feel, so well done!)

Vision Bikes for the win!

BMW-Concept-6-0.jpg

BMW-VISION-NEXT-100-motorcycle-103-626x383.jpg

It's more than just that; in short, it's a Milestone game. :) But I've been watching for it to go on sale in the PS Store. 👍
I'm always hovering over that purchase button when RIDE2 is on sale but always decide against buying it in the end. Surely, the tire model is better but for me it all comes down to that no bike game has ever nailed the controls as good as TT.

MXH
I'm always hovering over that purchase button when RIDE2 is on sale but always decide against buying it in the end. Surely, the tire model is better but for me it all comes down to that no bike game has ever nailed the controls as good as TT.
RiDE 2's controls are much improved over the first, but it's the feedback that's still lacking, mostly - it is a lot better to play despite that.

The animations (including of the viewpoint) coupling with the physics and controls (and "riding form") were an absolute masterpiece in TT. The worry is that PD have neglected the core player-completing-the-loop feedback systems in GT Sport slightly, as compared with previous games, and what that might mean for a second bite at bikes.

Really? I remember it being pretty inaccurate. Random bikes not being able to wheelie( BMW 1200r) when the ads for said pick pictured it doing a wheelie.
Also remember the physics being pretty bad when you got out of line. Remember my bike sliding leaning the wrong way into a skid and counter steering like a car.

I would definitely be down with a new one though, especially with all the advances GT Sport has made!

Really? I remember it being pretty inaccurate. Random bikes not being able to wheelie( BMW 1200r) when the ads for said pick pictured it doing a wheelie.
Also remember the physics being pretty bad when you got out of line. Remember my bike sliding leaning the wrong way into a skid and counter steering like a car.

I would definitely be down with a new one though, especially with all the advances GT Sport has made!
Yep, the physics were pretty screwy in TT - I think mostly due to the tyre model. Countersteering worked as in real life, though.

It still felt great if you stayed away from the tyre model's weirdness.

Don't care how the TT2 might be integrated into a GT. As long as I can race my car Ghosts with a bike would be killer for me.

Imagine chasing down your La Ferrari Ghost on a Ducati 1299 Panigale or vice versa at the Nurburgring!!

i know this thread is a bit old, but i couldn't imagine that PD will release TouristTrophy2 for PS4-Consoles. Perhabs they will release it on the PS5 in 2020/2021.
After GT7 is released in 2019.

But... i already preordered a BikeGame on the holy Isle of Man, it's called --> TT Isle of Man: Ride On The Edge (Developers: Kylotonn Games {Motorcycle Club, WRC 5,6,7})
It will be released on the 15.03.2017 --> youtube-video

And i asked a friend of mine (works in a good GameStore), if he heard something about a new TT release of PD. He said no :(
(yeah i know PD is developing in a bubble, but i guess something would be leaked anyway)

EDIT:
Imagine chasing down your La Ferrari Ghost on a Ducati 1299 Panigale or vice versa at the Nurburgring!!
Imaging destroying your Ghost with a Kawa H2R :D

Last edited:
D3V
EDIT:

Imaging destroying your Ghost with a Kawa H2R :D

I would actually like to know how quick a H2R is on track vs a regular Superbike in terms of lap times. In RIDE 2, the H2R is clearly the fastest around a track but it maybe a little unrealistically quick as I am sure proper superbikes handle a little better. There is no question of course in terms of straight line performance.

Either way though, yes would be awesome to wrestle an H2R against any Ghost, car or bike!!!

I've got nothing against Tourist Trophy at all, more that I don't see PD being able to develop TT and GT titles in tandem without the production time suffering for both, given their track record.

Sorry for the bump, but I just would like to say that the OP News article is really well done, and I echo the sentiments of wanting PD to build another TT game.

Now I almost exclusively only play car racing games, and I can't even ride a pushbike IRL (unless it's a tricycle :lol:), so I have no idea about riding physics and what is right or not. But having sampled bikes in Driveclub, I gotta say I'm hooked. While it takes some getting used to initially, once you understand the importance of setting up your line before the turn and using lean to build up lateral grip it feels amazing to nail a series of corners together. Dare I say it much more satisfying than doing similar in a car. I still love driving more because of the higher lateral grip possible and it's what I'm used to, but driving bikes fast is very interesting and some of the lessons learnt transfers well to driving as well.

Now I've heard that no other bike game models riding dynamics as well as TT, so my question to you all bike experts is, how does Driveclub bikes' riding dynamics compare to TT? As I said I don't have real world experience, but Evo Studios have crafted a very convincing physics in DC. The rider body movements, the lean and the feedback even through the Dualshock feels "real". I know DC is an arcade game, and I'm not disputing that the bikes here probably have higher grip than real life. It's also impossible to fall off through oversteering (don't know what the correct term is for bikes) or going too slow through a corner. I think TT is still better in that regard. But what I'm interested is the feeling of riding, has Evo Studios managed to capture that magical and elusive TT feel on a controller that so many other bike games have failed?

It's been a while, but my impression of Driveclub's bikes was that they were a little wooden. Hilarious fun because of the overall setup involving the controls, circuits and grip levels, of course. And the bike models are excellent, but the sounds are a little underwhelming compared to the cars in the same game.

In terms of feel: whilst the animations are good and solid, and there is some liveliness to the bikes at speed, there is none of the fine detail in the bikes' responses like you get with even a halfway proper sim (but then there were none of its e.g. low speed foibles, either).

That lack of rich and subtle interaction / feedback (combined with the use of scripted / canned responses, e.g. wobbles) means it falls short of the TT mark, in my opinion, despite that game's issues with its tyre and drivetrain models.

But, Driveclub Bikes is an excellent introduction to bike handling, as you say, just as Project Gotham Racing 4's bikes were.

Actually, these videos really highlight some of the problems with RIDE 3's animation! It's also clearer to me now how PD got such consistent camera behaviour: they used the racing line to predict player input.

TT2 I will certainly buy, but making it part of GTS, please no.

Drive 2 is a nice alternative for now with nice physics, bikes, tracks and a typical Forza style paint booth to make your own liveries or replicas. In my view not TT, but for now the best available for bike fans.

It's been a while, but my impression of Driveclub's bikes was that they were a little wooden. Hilarious fun because of the overall setup involving the controls, circuits and grip levels, of course. And the bike models are excellent, but the sounds are a little underwhelming compared to the cars in the same game.

In terms of feel: whilst the animations are good and solid, and there is some liveliness to the bikes at speed, there is none of the fine detail in the bikes' responses like you get with even a halfway proper sim (but then there were none of its e.g. low speed foibles, either).

That lack of rich and subtle interaction / feedback (combined with the use of scripted / canned responses, e.g. wobbles) means it falls short of the TT mark, in my opinion, despite that game's issues with its tyre and drivetrain models.

But, Driveclub Bikes is an excellent introduction to bike handling, as you say, just as Project Gotham Racing 4's bikes were.

Actually, these videos really highlight some of the problems with RIDE 3's animation! It's also clearer to me now how PD got such consistent camera behaviour: they used the racing line to predict player input.

Thanks for the impressions. I have to say the bikes feel lively enough for me in DC already, I can't imagine how much of a handful a proper sim like TT is! Bike wobble especially feels so convincing in DC (and nerve wracking), I can't imagine what riders in real life feel when getting them at TT IOM :scared:

I think the sounds are ok, but then again I don't know how most of these bikes sound :lol: I like the Kawasaki H2R with its turbo BOV sound, it's just so brutal. What I find weird though is EBR bikes have this strange whining sound when you brake, almost like the sound LMP1 hybrids make when recharging their batteries :odd:

Good point regarding onboard camera. I cannot for the life of me stomach the onboard camera with bikes. Probably because I'm not used leaning my head AGAINST the turn, but also it just wobbles so much during transitions. I never noticed how smooth and predictable TT's onboard camera is.

How does the new TT IOM game compare to Ride 3? I assume those two are probably the "best" bike games atm. I've heard terrible things about MotoGP/SBK games :lol:

The old ones like GP500 and 1999 WSBK were great IMO, comparable to TT in terms of fun and I still play these 3 old games. The 1999 WSBK was made by Milestone, one of the physics programmer is still making racing games these days : https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,42646/

I was more referring to their newer offerings. Funny because Ride/MotoGP/SBK are all made by Milestone but apparently they vary quite wildly in their handling.

Good to see you floating round these parts Ridox. Any chance you joining us to tune cars in GTS? :D

I was more referring to their newer offerings. Funny because Ride/MotoGP/SBK are all made by Milestone but apparently they vary quite wildly in their handling.

Good to see you floating round these parts Ridox. Any chance you joining us to tune cars in GTS? :D

The old Moto GP on PS2 was made by Namco ( MotoGP4 was the last one - which was okay ). The physics guy from 1999 WSBK did made Ride ( the 1st one ), not sure if he's on the 2nd and 3rd. Based on the older games, I guess the new ones by Milestone may be okay. Anyone here ever played GP500 and the newer bike games ? I wonder how well GP500 aged vs the new ones.

I'm on hiatus from GTS, I just don't like the way the game presented :(, for tuning the only input I can give is to not go overboard when tuning, I see a lot of tuners here generally ran very high damping ( 90+% which is not always needed ) on extension/rebound - often same front/rear :crazy:, relying too much on ride height ( nose up/down ) and natural frequency at inappropriate level/balance.

I may come back on the next GT, depends on what kind of GT it will be though.

Back