A Direct Drive Wheel for UNDER $400...

• Thread starter Leadfoot53
  • 173 comments
Long story short:
People was lied that DD wheel called Feel VR is made and need money to start production! Never mentioned that they need money and time to start development!!!
What was good price in 2017/2018 - will be dated product on not good price in 2020 if the wheel happens ofcourse!
Also postponing the release with 2 years they literaly eat the collected money, so I cant accept that people will receive better from promised wheel, ofcourse if they receive wheel at all!
Even at this point this is pure LIE! Dont like the word SCAM...
Well, they're really bad at communications, but still it is a kickstarter product, obviously they had to get most r&d and production in place AFTER reciving the money, that's why you get a discount, otherwise you wait to see how it goes and get it it f price after kickstarter campaign.

That said hope the pedals are as good as they seem and that they manage to get some extra financing for producing all the wheels

Well, they're really bad at communications, but still it is a kickstarter product, obviously they had to get most r&d and production in place AFTER reciving the money, that's why you get a discount, otherwise you wait to see how it goes and get it it f price after kickstarter campaign.

That said hope the pedals are as good as they seem and that they manage to get some extra financing for producing all the wheels
Do you see that we are year asfter promised delivery for the wheel and pedals? So, now they show pics with carton box with some parts in them !?!?! The progres they show is slower even for the people without kickstarter campaign...and its not only the taken money....that huge delay will lead even the miracle happens people to receive the wheel - that wheel will be obsolete unit for simracing museum! Well, that m ake sense for the backer - their money are invested in museum exhibit!
The worst thing in that semiscam - still not evolved to real scam - is the fact that nobody will be able to be funded for simracing product again! The trust is lost completely!

Do you see that we are year asfter promised delivery for the wheel and pedals? So, now they show pics with carton box with some parts in them !?!?! The progres they show is slower even for the people without kickstarter campaign...and its not only the taken money....that huge delay will lead even the miracle happens people to receive the wheel - that wheel will be obsolete unit for simracing museum! Well, that m ake sense for the backer - their money are invested in museum exhibit!
The worst thing in that semiscam - still not evolved to real scam - is the fact that nobody will be able to be funded for simracing product again! The trust is lost completely!
I've had the g25 and the t300 both for 5+ years without becoming obsolete, i still don't see any 11nm dd wheeel+pedals at that price tag, so what will exactly get obsolete in only 2 years?
And again, we're talking about some engineering students that got a running prototype and now have to certificate and produce 900+ items, they understimated the difficulty to find right contractors to produce the parts and had to move production from china to ukraine, it's not surprising it's takong long considering the really thight budget they have.

I've had the g25 and the t300 both for 5+ years without becoming obsolete, i still don't see any 11nm dd wheeel+pedals at that price tag, so what will exactly get obsolete in only 2 years?
And again, we're talking about some engineering students that got a running prototype and now have to certificate and produce 900+ items, they understimated the difficulty to find right contractors to produce the parts and had to move production from china to ukraine, it's not surprising it's takong long considering the really thight budget they have.
WHen you take money from people with specific time frame for product - that is a contract...the story for the students is good that did some mistakes is ok, but what about the money? If you did mistakes and wrong calculations - fair enough just ferund the money to the people....not to spent their hard gained money for a living and after 2 years to say "well maybe we did mistakes...."
For the question for obsolete - you can use G25 another 10 years...but if you prepaid G25 in the G25 era and receive it even after G27 - well thats obsolete....
Lets imagine best case scenario - all backers receive their wheel before Space X land on Mars;) lol and lets imagine those wheels are not bosolete....even in that scenario we dont know what will be the quality of that of that wheel ...it can be complete mess....
Also in gaming dev world there is phrase "Duke Nukem simdrome" that happens why you delay something so long that things advanced faster and even with correction you cant manage to catch the wave ...
Anyway I wish luck to Feel VR, not because of them, but becuase they took huge bag of money from people!!!

Well at least they're not scum. :lol:
"We decided to share this certificate to assure you guys that we are not a “scum” or “fraud” as mentioned, for some reason, by some commenters."

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what becomes if it all. Looking forward to reviews (if those happen before I'm in the grave).

Long story short:
People was lied that DD wheel called Feel VR is made and need money to start production! Never mentioned that they need money and time to start development!!!
What was good price in 2017/2018 - will be dated product on not good price in 2020 if the wheel happens ofcourse!
Also postponing the release with 2 years they literaly eat the collected money, so I cant accept that people will receive better from promised wheel, ofcourse if they receive wheel at all!
Even at this point this is pure LIE! Dont like the word SCAM...

Well I still stand by my earlier comment

It seems like a dead in the water product.

Anouncing the price, before actually calculating the cost was very misleading to the backers

They look little bit like a cheap poket bike from ebay, probably also made from same material :lol:
But the only realy important thing.... how they do their job, and how long they will last?
If they survive arround 2 years of daily racing would be good. Nice price!👍

Looking forward to the release of the final wheel and pedals set. The competition would be good IMO.
Hopefully the pricing would remain and that they would open a branch in North America to facilitate orders too. Also important would be compatibility for various sim racing games.

Typical that these pop up now that I have just gotten my V3s. :lol:
Still, this will be very interesting for the whole market.
Very much looking forward to the wheel review.

Anyone know when the whole shabang will be available for purchase?

Nobody leaves if the company runs well... this guy is one of the founders...thats not good at all for the future! Hope backers to receive their wheels one day!
83271990_181139232962990_1271477887765053440_o.jpg

Pity it's PC only and not compatible with Playstation consoles. Would have been worth a consideration and of course competition is always good as usual.

As I watched Laurence video FeelVR is not real realy dead but it doesn;t sound very hopefull for the future?

Also Laurence feels very sorry and disappointed because he was one of the first backers who promoted this amazing pedal set. My personal opinion is that he shouldn't take it personal. That's the risk of 'investing' in such a program.

Last edited:
That's a pity. Had good promise. What I was wondering and asked on his Youtube link was if maybe the Covid pandemic which is affecting all things worldwide may be holding them back with production.

That's a pity. Had good promise. What I was wondering and asked on his Youtube link was if maybe the Covid pandemic which is affecting all things worldwide may be holding them back with production.
Not sure if I understood it 100% but it seems a lead programmer/designer left the 'company' in January and since then no single response to Laurence's mails. Dead silence.

I don't want to judge too soon but it doesn't seem okayish?! Hopefully I'm wrong.

Edit: Laurence informed me that FeelVR actually did an update in April but only one update in 7 months is still not very much

Last edited:
Back