A Direct Drive Wheel for UNDER $400...

• Thread starter Leadfoot53
  • 173 comments
I really want to see first impression ofr
Does anyone know:
- what the rim size is on the GT and F1 wheels?
- which countries this ships to?
In the SRP - Simracing Paddock test video he speaks for the rims size etc - if I remember correct! About shipping - All majore countries are covered I believe.

I hope backers will have it in hands in 2019! This backing up is the worst way to pay for something - you dont have any options for refund and you are stuck to wait no matter how long!!!
Any news of the real release date? Is that what you're saying?
On the official site it still mentions: estimated Feb 2019. I would at least have changed that to e.g. April (if that's more realistic).

And the Q&A is still on the roadmap?

Any news of the real release date? Is that what you're saying?
On the official site it still mentions: estimated Feb 2019. I would at least have changed that to e.g. April (if that's more realistic).

And the Q&A is still on the roadmap?
I dont have any release date info, but as I see they still develope the wheel.... so basicaly instead of backing up the production, backers backed up the developement process...
For the Q&A - I had the idea to ask them all unconfortable questions...but during preparation of questions I saw more facts to ask for - and just realised that nobody will answer honestly to my and your (community) questions... I dont want to ask comfortable questions... if FeelVR dont answer to all negative comments and questions from backers, why to answer me?
So, as at the end of March they dont have finished wheel on the table for final test etc - I really hope some miracle to make it possible to be possible for shipping in Summer.
As you can see the dont give real roadmap with fixed dates for wheel, pedals etc...it will be done when it is done!:)

I believe that the pedals are ready for shipment to the first backers. I'm not sure though.

I believe that the pedals are ready for shipment to the first backers. I'm not sure though.
They show up almost finished parts and even carton box of the pedals...but never show up complete assembled finalised pedals set...so who knows what and when?...also most of the backers purchased wheel+ pedals , because of the good combo price and making the pedals soon - dont help much overal!!!
I really want to see first wheels delivered and to hear peoples oppinion!;)

From what this update said - only the pedals are closer to finalising....Long story short - instead of starting production after Kickstart ends - they started development! That leads to unknown time period needed...

I forgot all about the FeelVR due to the Podium and SC2. :embarrassed:

I'm glad to see that they are still working on their product and planning on releasing it one day.

I'm interested, still. :D

From their facebook page:

I am not a gamer; I am a Silicon Valley business veteran. In the last 20+ years, I've evaluated many dozens of startups. I know FeelVR guys personally. They came to the Valley last year to show their early prototype and to look for funding to get to production. FeelVR team is a bunch of brilliant engineers, but NOT experienced marketing or business people.

I also questioned their proposed early pricing as too low but they were optimistic they could keep the costs down based on the early design and the initial inputs they got from the potential suppliers. Eventually they had to raise the price as the costs were finalized. But I can assure everyone that they were NOT misleading anyone on purpose to pull off a "bait and switch". These guys are NOT sleazy "marketers" but simply great engineers who are not experienced in business matters. Inexperience and unbound optimism led them to unrealistically low initially proposed pricing.

I have full confidence that the product will work and they will deliver great results. These bright engineers are people of integrity, one of the best technical teams I came across in many years.

Go FeelVR and best of luck to you and your future happy customers!

From their facebook page:

I am not a gamer; I am a Silicon Valley business veteran. In the last 20+ years, I've evaluated many dozens of startups. I know FeelVR guys personally. They came to the Valley last year to show their early prototype and to look for funding to get to production. FeelVR team is a bunch of brilliant engineers, but NOT experienced marketing or business people.

I also questioned their proposed early pricing as too low but they were optimistic they could keep the costs down based on the early design and the initial inputs they got from the potential suppliers. Eventually they had to raise the price as the costs were finalized. But I can assure everyone that they were NOT misleading anyone on purpose to pull off a "bait and switch". These guys are NOT sleazy "marketers" but simply great engineers who are not experienced in business matters. Inexperience and unbound optimism led them to unrealistically low initially proposed pricing.

I have full confidence that the product will work and they will deliver great results. These bright engineers are people of integrity, one of the best technical teams I came across in many years.

Go FeelVR and best of luck to you and your future happy customers!
This sounds like cheap pr campaign... I agree they are "briliant" !:)

Then again, could be the guy just giving his honest opinion.
You can have honest oppinion how briliant are those guys after everything finishing briliant for you with briliant product!;)
He repeats how they are briliant now and how will deliver someday!:)

Ofcourse it is possible this to be a single person oppinion - just said sounds like cheap pr, thats it!:)

You can have honest oppinion how briliant are those guys after everything finishing briliant for you with briliant product!;)
He repeats how they are briliant now and how will deliver someday!:)

Ofcourse it is possible this to be a single person oppinion - just said sounds like cheap pr, thats it!:)
Correct but he also said that these guys are NOT experienced marketing or business people. > not experienced in business matters. Inexperience and unbound optimism led them to unrealistically low initially proposed pricing.

This is the opposite of cheap PR. To me it sounds like an honest positive opinion about the FeelVR guys.

Last edited:
Correct but he also said that these guys are NOT experienced marketing or business people. > not experienced in business matters. Inexperience and unbound optimism led them to unrealistically low initially proposed pricing.

This is the opposite of cheap PR. To me it sounds like a positive opinion about the FeelVR guys.

I stopped believing stuff on facebook long ago.

FeelVR answered and they said that they are splitting up the production of the wheel and pedals. They are firstly going to produce 1250 pedals and after that they are going to produce the wheel to fulfil the orders of the backers.

So, the pedals will be shipped as they say in New Year maybe by Santa...some of the pedals to IndieGoGo backers in the Spring of 2020...no words for the Wheel...

FeelVR clearly underestimated what it means to bring a DD wheel/pedals to the market.

Clearly, and I guess that Vladimir Starov didn't invest*... Update 10.

* speculation, of course: maybe he was interested but they didn't accept the terms he offered, and that facebook post was to ward off other investors in the hope they'd come back to him. 18 months on, the terms will only be worse.

Long story short:
People was lied that DD wheel called Feel VR is made and need money to start production! Never mentioned that they need money and time to start development!!!
What was good price in 2017/2018 - will be dated product on not good price in 2020 if the wheel happens ofcourse!
Also postponing the release with 2 years they literaly eat the collected money, so I cant accept that people will receive better from promised wheel, ofcourse if they receive wheel at all!
Even at this point this is pure LIE! Dont like the word SCAM...

Last edited:
Back