A few forza questions.

• Thread starter abaxas
  • 35 comments
I would say that even if you dump the clutch at as low revs as 3000rpm you would spin the tyres with even as little 130bhp (in real life) In semi-auto or even manual w/clutch mode in forza 3 why would you expect the car to act any different? Because that's what the game does without an manual analogue clutch, it auto dumps the clutch regardless of revs.

Try launching with the fanatec wheel's clutch, or switching your controller config so the clutch is on the right analogue stick (rather than a button) and slipping the clutch in slowly in as you would in a real car. That should help with launch and limiting wheelspin.

I would say that even if you dump the clutch at as low revs as 3000rpm you would spin the tyres with even 130bhp (in real life) In semi-auto or even manual w/clutch mode in forza 3 why would you expect the car to act any different? Because that's what the game does without an manual analogue clutch, it auto dumps the clutch regardless of revs.

Try launching with the fanatec wheel's clutch, or switching your controller config so the clutch is on the right analogue stick (rather than a button) and slipping the clutch in slowly in as you would in a real car. That should help with launch and limiting wheelspin.
There are cars in the game that even rolling at 20 or 30mph will just fry the tires with only around 200hp with the widest RACING SLICKS. For most cars this is not a big deal but some truly have traction issues even with very low hp. I will use the Mini Cooper as an example. Bone stock engine, largest racing tires, and it melts the tires right off. Its a traction bug with that car. Its almost like the car only recognizes it is running in bicycle width tires even though it has full racing slicks. Just no excuse for that. A car with low power like that and the widest racing slicks would not fry tires off nonstop like that car does.

All they need to do in Forza 4 is fix the traction issues WITH RACING SLICKS and the traction issue will instantly be resolved.

Strange, can't say I've ever had a problem with the Cooper S in a straight line with that amount of power even with standard tyres. I'll have to test it out, it's been a while since I've driven one, I remember the rear being the unruly end of that car, the lift-off oversteer = huge fun.

I will admit that there isn't that much of a huge difference between in grip performance between tyre compounds as I was expecting there to be in the game.

Strange, can't say I've ever had a problem with the Cooper S in a straight line with that amount of power even with standard tyres. I'll have to test it out, it's been a while since I've driven one, I remember the rear being the unruly end of that car, the lift-off oversteer = huge fun.

I will admit that there isn't that much of a huge difference between in grip performance between tyre compounds as I was expecting there to be in the game.
I would like to point out that I use manual clutch with NO assists on AT ALL. But still, even with all those assists off there is no reason the Mini should melt the tires the way it does with the largest racing slicks. Thats just one example. There are several other cars like this. Not a major problem but still can be a bit frustrating at times. Oh also, almost all my cars are built for 500 B class. So build it for that class and test it out.

How did you get the Mini up four classes from E-to-B without increasing the power? You have to remember it's a FWD car so weight reduction will only make any FWD weight-shift traction issues even worse.

I have an AE86 with about 200bhp and I can barely get it to spin it's wheels with slicks, it's especially difficult with a rolling start.

PS: I also won't run TCS on cars lower than R2, manual with clutch on the A button.

How did you get the Mini up four classes from E-to-B without increasing the power? You have to remember it's a FWD car so weight reduction will only make any FWD weight-shift traction issues even worse.

I have an AE86 with about 200bhp and I can barely get it to spin it's wheels with slicks, it's especially difficult with a rolling start.

PS: I also won't run TCS on cars lower than R2
I am at work but usually I start with full weight reduction, widest racing slicks, best suspension, best brakes, lightest driveshaft, best tranny that fits the car and then go from there. Engine performance is always the very last thing I upgrade. I have about 85 B class cars that I built and only a few of those vehicles have traction issues, even with low hp. I even tried stretching the gears out a little and still it just drives like I am on stock tires. I might even have a picture of my Mini in my storefront on the Forza site.

Back