A glimpse at GT7 graphics?

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 166 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Zealand
New Zealand
MHFanatik
The most recent article on GT's blog is about Fuji and the headline picture sparked some interest for me.
http://pitstop.gran-turismo.com/en/article/839
wec01_thumb.jpg

It looks somewhat gamey and I've checked the recording of the race and the lighting is completely different. Another obvious giveaway is hard black shadows cast from the cars, similar to what we've seen in GT5 Prologue rather than the blurry/jaggied mess that is GT5/6. Obviously PS4 would allow for high res shadows. The rest of the pictures in the article also feature these 2 cars and have GT watermark, but this one doesn't, yet the lighting is similar - again just look at the shadows.
wec01_08.jpg

Now, the detail in the first pic is beyond anything in GT5/6 and I've double checked Fuji in GT6 just now to compare. The photo mode doesn't allow to take photos in the pits so I've photographed my screen.
img_76357gxok.jpg

The leap in detail and lighting is what I would expect from going PS3>PS4.
What do you think guys, am I looking too deep?

Nice find...That does look some pretty high detail on show. Could just be touched up pics from 5/6 though. Wouldn't be the first time PD have done this.

Nice find...That does look some pretty high detail on show. Could just be touched up pics from 5/6 though. Wouldn't be the first time PD have done this.
Doesn't seem like a touch up, the assets and the textures are on a much higher level, but there's something that still reveals gamey lighting to me, it doesn't look like a straight up photo of real cars on a real track.

hsv
That first pic doesn't look gamey to me.
Look at the reflection in the bulbs, it's not reflecting the post right in front of it and the cars. Looks like a simple cube map reflection.

Could be, but I doubt it. The first pic is too real for me. It can't be out of a game, but the second pic looks gamey. But I think it's just a edited GT6 pic.

Certainly looks gamey, I agree. The barriers in the first pic have unrealistic shadowing, other details seem unreal too.

The railings are the thing that stick out. Could be the lighting though.

I'm being 100% real here. It just looks like it was slightly edited, that can't be GT7. It's very GT6-like.
You really think that 1st pic resembles the 3rd pic in some way? Are we looking at the same pictures....?

2014-10-164.39.59egul5.png

Real life doesn't have funky drawings on the guadrailing and stains on the pavement.
Moving camera feed vs a professional camera setup with adjustable parameters. They'll come out completely different.

Aside from the fact that both cars never appeared in a GT game (doubt they modeled them) and the fact there are wires, tri-pods and that is probably the Porsche as the 3rd car and that the cars are standing still and the pit exit is closed (something that has never happened in a GT game).

There is zero chance this is a GT screenshot.

Aside from the fact that both cars never appeared in a GT game (doubt they modeled them) and the fact there are wires, tri-pods and that is probably the Porsche as the 3rd car and that the cars are standing still and the pit exit is closed (something that has never happened in a GT game).

There is zero chance this is a GT screenshot.
The second screenshot is these two exact same cars, but this one has a watermark
wec01_08.jpg

I think you are going too deep look at the picture , You can see a phone stands on a Tripod near the audi with a logo (of a thing i don't know)on it.
Those are not phones, that's timing equipment.

In any case, the only thing in the first photo that stands out to me is the bag leaning up against the wall.

hsv
You really think that 1st pic resembles the 3rd pic in some way? Are we looking at the same pictures....?
I know whats GT6 and not GT6. That first pic screams GT6 all over it, not GT7. Besides, why will GT7 look like that anyway? If that really is a glimpse of GT7, than I'm sorry, but its GT6: PS4 Edition.

EDIT: I also see new props were added in the first as well. Although, my mind just saids this "glimpse of GT7" looks very GT6-like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back