A glimpse at GT7 graphics?

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 166 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know whats GT6 and not GT6. That first pic screams GT6 all over it, not GT7. Besides, why will GT7 look like that anyway? If that really is a glimpse of GT7, than I'm sorry, but its GT6: PS4 Edition.

Surely, you aren't one of those people that expect Next gen to be a massive leap in Graphics, are you? From what I've seen, it already isn't to begin with.

As for the OP, dude its a real picture. I know we want to think we know what it'll look like, but we just don't. Certain elements may look "gamey" (for lack of a better word), but its a real picture.

And also, this really just caught my attention:

The second screenshot is these two exact same cars, but this one has a watermark

No, just no. They are not the same car. Both of those aren't even close to being the same cars.

Surely, you aren't one of those people that expect Next gen to be a massive leap in Graphics, are you? From what I've seen, it already isn't to begin with.
Oh believe me, I'm not one of those people. Other than the better lighting (which I agree does look better than the two pics below it) and some new props added, I'm not seeing what's making the 1st pic a "GT7".

Those screens are faker than a supermodels tits.

How could you think those are real? The concrete on the side to the left look like they have sewage leaking down it.

Don't forget those guardrails that look like hollow plastic.

I think people underestimate what a team like PD can do with 10 times more power and 10 times more memory on their hands.

We don't know what this is..besides, there are obvious problems in the photos regarding texture.

Last edited:
I have my doubts...

The one we're looking for is the first pic (obviously).

• The cars are definitely the 2014 Audi R18 and the Toyota TS040
  • They are stopped at a red light at the exit of pits, yet there are no marshalls ready to give indications; Here's a video showing what marshalls where doing with the GT class on last year's race (first part of the video).

Going back to the picture.
  • The tubes at the left of the Audi do not look any real to me
  • The pavement has markings in different places, it should not make sense that the track get repaved just for a few markings
But the picture in general looks very real to me, so I'm 60% sure that the photo is not real.

On the topic of "GT7 graphics" I'm convinced that this looks like a pre-rendered footage of GT7.

Those screens are faker than a supermodels tits.

How could you think those are real? The concrete on the side to the left look like they have sewage leaking down it.

Don't forget those guardrails that look like hollow plastic.

We don't know what this is..besides, there are obvious problems in the photos regarding texture.
Glad I'm not the only one who saw that. :sly:👍 And someone started thinking/or believing I was blind? Heh...

First image isnt real because GT isnt enough of a sim to model changing pit lights. Theres no way PD would go through the trouble of modeling the AI to stack up at the end of pit lane waiting for a session to begin. We're talking about a racing game that doesnt even have practice or qualifying in simulation mode. And theres the white racing line with dirt on it, very different from squeaky clean GT visuals. The fence has too much detail, PD doesnt spend so much time with the environments modeling even the bolts that hold a fence down. Its a real picture thats had its color altered.

I hope GT7 ends up looking like that.

First image isnt real because GT isnt enough of a sim to model changing pit lights. Theres no way PD would go through the trouble of modeling the AI to stack up at the end of pit lane waiting for a session to begin. We're talking about a racing game that doesnt even have practice or qualifying in simulation mode. And theres the white racing line with dirt on it, very different from squeaky clean GT visuals. The fence has too much detail, PD doesnt spend so much time with the environments modeling even the bolts that hold a fence down. Its a real picture thats had its color altered.

I hope GT7 ends up looking like that.

It already has red lights that light up, and then go out to start a race. So why couldn't they do that for the pit lane in GT7?

Check out the first picture. More closly the #'s on the side. We on GT6 have the #7 Toyota, the car in the pit lane has #8. The second photo does have the #7 Toyota. I believe the first photo is real, the second photo is modified game photo.

Check out the first picture. More closly the #'s on the side. We on GT6 have the #7 Toyota, the car in the pit lane has #8. The second photo does have the #7 Toyota. I believe the first photo is real, the second photo is modified game photo.
The 1st photo has newer versions of the cars we have in GT6, so that's probably why the numbers are different.

Reactions: hsv
The most recent article on GT's blog is about Fuji and the headline picture sparked some interest for me.
http://pitstop.gran-turismo.com/en/article/839
wec01_thumb.jpg

It looks somewhat gamey and I've checked the recording of the race and the lighting is completely different. Another obvious giveaway is hard black shadows cast from the cars, similar to what we've seen in GT5 Prologue rather than the blurry/jaggied mess that is GT5/6. Obviously PS4 would allow for high res shadows. The rest of the pictures in the article also feature these 2 cars and have GT watermark, but this one doesn't, yet the lighting is similar - again just look at the shadows.
wec01_08.jpg

Now, the detail in the first pic is beyond anything in GT5/6 and I've double checked Fuji in GT6 just now to compare. The photo mode doesn't allow to take photos in the pits so I've photographed my screen.
img_76357gxok.jpg

The leap in detail and lighting is what I would expect from going PS3>PS4.
What do you think guys, am I looking too deep?

The second one is definitely a game shot - look at the grass and dandelions, how they're placed - they're 2-d, and using some sort of placement map. Unless Japan has some really weird plants, I'm pretty sure that that's something from PD. Also, the curbing - you can see a game-ish texture, and it looks a little polygonal.

As for the first one... It's really hard to tell. There isn't much I can nit-pick... But, if you look at those metal loop-things, the way the sunlight is reflecting at the camera looks a little un-natural. But, it could just be an odd shot.

It very well may be that these shots were taken with the same engine running with higher-res assets on higher-spec hardware for the sake of screen shots, but either way, it looks like PD is at the very least getting their shadowing game down for PS4.

I think a lot of you have misunderstood the OP. He's given the first picture from the link, and 2 GT6 photos for comparison.

The first pic is a real photo, a filtered one to look more "stilish" but obviously a real one.

Some opinions in this thread about bad textures and being the same as GT6 are funny. There is no hope for some people, even with real life graphics...

Anyway a testament of the good work of PD.

Screenshots are rather pointless these days since in-game photo modes look a lot better than what you actually see in motion while playing. Show me some uncompressed video of actual gameplay and not a replay and I'll consider it worth a look.

I think people underestimate what a team like PD can do with 10 times more power and 10 times more memory on their hands.

I estimate PD has lost their way and won't ever be the leader in console racing games anymore. They've been hiding behind the PS3 hardware limitations for years now and I'm not buying it.

If the first pic isn't real I'd be surprised. I think the angle and slight blur is kinda throwing it off a little, but it looks real to me.

First pic is real, this kind of situation (stopped on the pit, waiting for the green light) only in real life...

^ Damn! That does look awesome (except the crowd). Good to know GT7 can look even better given the PS4's 50% GPU advantage over XBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back