A glimpse at GT7 graphics?

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 166 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
First pic is real IMO. I dont think they use PS4's power to make some unnecessary things like reflections on those glasses!

wp8pzigzg530zqnjrhyv.jpg

Maybe other pic is real too, but if someone tells me thats for GT6, I believe! :D

First pic is real IMO. I dont think they use PS4's power to make some unnecessary things like reflections on those glasses!

wp8pzigzg530zqnjrhyv.jpg

Maybe other pic is real too, but if someone tells me thats for GT6, I believe! :D
Actually they have them even in GT6.

^ Damn! That does look awesome (except the crowd). Good to know GT7 can look even better given the PS4's 50% GPU advantage over XBO.
Yes, so long as they are willing to put 13,000 man-hours into recreating the Nurburgring from scratch and laser scanned like Forza. A direct port will look the same as it does now in GT6. Forza's version is sensational.

Those distorted reflections on the grey metal (?) strip running along the concrete wall don't look very game-like to me. Look at that 60 sign. There's just too much detail going on here, it's real.

Yes, so long as they are willing to put 13,000 man-hours into recreating the Nurburgring from scratch and laser scanned like Forza. A direct port will look the same as it does now in GT6. Forza's version is sensational.
Oh, what will we ever do without laser scanning the Nurburgring again?

The pit lane image is real life. If you look at the mottled effect of the galvanized metal on the fencing and the 'loops' on the left hand of the screen there's no repeat pattern. Had it been a render, developers would just repeat identical objects, no matter how high the level of detail is. It makes no sense to individually model every section of identical pit lane furniture when you can save time by cutting and pasting. It looks similar to the obviously rendered lower image because of the filter used. Which is why the lighting is different to the TV footage.

The second image is a render. You can see repeat sections of pop-up book-style chunks of grass and identical dandelions.

I know what you won't be able to do, you won't be able to drive your super duper looking cars on a Nurburgring that looks like so good you can hardly tell it from the real thing...like this:
getphoto4iszh.jpg
Hardly? that screams videogame out loud, not a real environment. There's plenty of cut-out textures with no cast shadows, repeating patterns and plain lighting with no contrast. There is no sense of real atmospher and cohesion between track details (floating elements), also lacks some sort of artistic equilibrium (too much un-natural perfection near overdone imperfections), etc.

There are photos from GT with much less track and texture detail which at first glance look more realistic than the above. I expect much better with PS4 as that in reality is old tech already seen in PS3.

image04eiggvegy.jpg

Anyway laser scanning is not new to PD, even they did with Nurburgring and other tracks in GT4.

Back on topic, if metadatas weren't enough, here's a snapshot taken from a vid of the same practice session:

View attachment 240711

Full version here:

Finally, maybe this will be enough to rid peoples doubts that this photo is actually real.

@SimTourist - The link in your OP should have been enough. The photos were taken during a session comparing GT6 lap times to real life. There is absolutely NO mention of GT7.
I read the whole article, it's straight forward. How did this confuse you into thinking it may be GT7?
facepalm.gif

The main pic (#1) is real. All the other car pics in the link (including #2 from the OP) are from GT6.

Interesting to see that some people think a real picture is not good enough for GT7 and it looks too much like GT6, I think it can be seen as an indirect compliment to GT series.

Also I see Forza getting mentioned again, what a surprise... I wonder graphically if it is possible to make something like below in comparison to FM5 version if it is that sensationally good:

Anyway getting back to topic, I hope PD can do something as good as below and if possible with the PS4 hardware, something better:

140625-02-11.jpg

pd will have to do what t10 have done if they want to compete. F5s ring IS the best ring out there it took 1 year to make and uses the latest laser scan tech...
PD already showed that there is not much competition regarding track recreation accuracy.

PS3, laser scanned, weather and 24h time day:

Can't wait to see what magic can they cook from a vastly superior PS4 console...

I know what you won't be able to do, you won't be able to drive your super duper looking cars on a Nurburgring that looks like so good you can hardly tell it from the real thing...like this:
getphoto4iszh.jpg
Of all the Forza screenshots you chose that? Doesn't look too realistic to me. :confused:

Reactions: hsv
Where exactly? Maybe my sarcasm meter is off, but I don't see anywhere that you "Told" him so.
Doesn't matter. The fact that he thought I was wrong makes him the wrong one. Never assume Toko is blind again. :sly:

*Dances to his victory*
breakdance.gif

Looks like Forza 5 actually. ;)
You're right. :drool:
I just love how Forza 5 modeled the Nurburgring. Real or not, it looks amazing. :D *High fives @SimTourist* PD needs to do the same, but atlas, they will just port the Nurburgring like the tracks from GT4.

Last edited:
The GT5 Nurburgring is a standard PS2 track with some upgraded texture work. Im pretty sure PD is rebuilding the whole thing for GT7. Or at least they should.

The GT5 Nurburgring is a standard PS2 track with some upgraded texture work. Im pretty sure PD is rebuilding the whole thing for GT7. Or at least they should.
Except the GT5 Nurb was also rebuilt, not ported from GT4.

Doesn't matter. The fact that he thought I was wrong makes him the wrong one. Never assume Toko is blind again. :sly:

So that entitles you to rub it in his face? Abit unnecessary if you know he's wrong.

Are we talking about the same Nurburging, that on GT5 and now 6 has multiple and proportionate configurations? The one on GT4 was all Nordschliefe and only through the famous out-of-track glitch did you see that it had the GP circuit, which was hilariously disproportionate.

So that entitles you to rub it in his face? Abit unnecessary if you know he's wrong.
True, that was unnecessary. But like I said before, I know whats GT6 and not GT6. In the end, I was correct so he shouldn't have quoted me in the first place.

Look at the grass in the second shot inside the curb, GT6 doesn't have it that detailed no? I think the OP might be right and this is a taste of what's to come graphically.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back