A hunch at what caused all of this.

• Thread starter Rudenut
  • 64 comments
No, earthquake happend a day prior, and nothing really broke here.
Also servers are located all over the world, not just in Japan.

Yeah that would be one hell of an oversight. Single point of failure, risk etc.

Revert the servers is easy, revert the game installations on the customer's consoles that downloaded and installed during the scheduled maintenance period is a major undertaking that would be almost impossible to manage.
Yeah, i suspect it's not even directly possible, everyone would likely need to uninstall completely, then reinstall and re-patch, basically taking them out for another 24 hours, to say nothing of the network traffic of having literally everyone doing it at the same time. even if they thnk it's going to take another 12 hours to fix, they're better off riding it out than reverting.

haha all super-hype, excitement, countdowns, analysing of trailers came to this.

What a disappointment this game has been, false advertising at its best

Waiting for €10 sale to buy it, it's not worth more than that

My conspiracy theory:
I can't believe that a company as big as PD/Sony made this obvious popular grinding spots by mistake, never ever! They knew what they did very well, and now they are reversing to take these tiny nosebags away from us. By plan. There where always money glitches in every version of GT right from the beginning and they always stopped this kinda soon, that's history.

And I dunno why they did it, maybe a marketing expert can explain this. But it has something to do with earning more money, of course! 🤪

I saw the server went back online for a very brief period of time yesterday, I think it was like 3 or 4 hrs after the maintenance started. I logged in the game and saw my car's pp became 4xx, it was tuned to 600pp before the maintenance. Then I got kicked offline immediately.

Revert the servers is easy, revert the game installations on the customer's consoles that downloaded and installed during the scheduled maintenance period is a major undertaking that would be almost impossible to manage.
Finally, someone who gets it. Rollbacks aren't possible!

They're likely creating a new build of 1.06 that has to go through sony's red tape before deployment

Last edited:
I can only assume 1.07 server-side patch was screwed and bricked the servers perhaps? It seems like way too long.

Someone suggested they lost our save data and are in crisis mode as to what to do 😮

Definitely seems like a major **** up, whatever it was.
Hehe...
I shouldnt mentioned it Yesterday, now everybody is scared about the wordt case scenario..
including me.....
IMO one interessting fact:
The garage/ saves are on console, too at least, because otherwise we couldnt use our garage cars in time trial in arcade mode

Purely speculation, but I think it would be quite funny if a disgruntled employee put some brick code into the game in protest over the truly terrible anti consumer practices PD has embraced.

Lets hear all of your wild theories.
Kaz saw the backfire of the reduced payout, took the server down, and is now multiplying all payouts by 10. We will be able to download patch 1.08 with a proper rewarding economy in a few hours and play it tonight.

We all get 3 lottery tickets of each star-level (for a total of 18 tickets) as a compensation of this mess.

What are you on about? Not literally everything is related to Russia.
Actually, I googled for Japan cyber attack, and a number of recent articles popped up. It wouldn't surprise me if Russia would hit "another" major sector where it hurts, particularly one bigger than the film and TV industry. The U.S. is also buzzing about the possibility since we have such a feckless administration capable of very little but bossing us peasants around.

I know this is a fun thread but hey, I rule nothing out in this crazy age where the Antichrist really could waltz up any month.

Actually, I googled for Japan cyber attack, and a number of recent articles popped up. It wouldn't surprise me if Russia would hit "another" major sector where it hurts, particularly one bigger than the film and TV industry. The U.S. is also buzzing about the possibility since we have such a feckless administration capable of very little but bossing us peasants around.

I know this is a fun thread but hey, I rule nothing out in this crazy age where the Antichrist really could waltz up any month.
Well there's another argument for why always online singleplayer is a terrible idea. Never know when it might be ruined by Russian cyberattacks, I guess.

React to this post with "poo" to show your support for Putin.

Last edited:
I think it was because someone at PD didn't wear green on St. Patrick's Day, became tired of the pinches, and put in code to brick the servers as revenge.
So much Irish pride in a country that is 3500+ miles away from Ireland. 🤷‍♂️

I know why, but I still find it funny; St. Patricks day probably gets celebrated by more non-Irish than actual Irish people. 😂

Perhaps the rather alarming negative (and quite rightly so in some ways) has reached PD a in such a way that they realised they may have messed up the entire game and not just the update - I mentioned in another thread that perhaps it wasn’t supposed to release 4 March. Maybe they will tweet out saying the game needs more development so any copies can be refunded and the game released later on with a lot of the bugs fixed. Maybe they’ll release a player feedback form and base improvements from that.

It was possible for a company like Facebook to completely lock themselves out of their entire infrastructure (even physically because door scanners were tied into their software) by a screwup in their deployment. So for me it's not that hard to imagine that PD deployed an update that had similar effect.

Last edited:
Back