A Mitsubishi Starion Is Reportedly Coming to... the "Next Gran Turismo"

Sure, well aware. Which is why I wrote what I wrote. But it’s not the same, where’s the everyday beaters? ;) What PD did was unique. T10 just try to look cool and follow their footsteps by adding cars PD didn’t, et cetera. :)
GT only ever cared about japanese cars. Forza 7 has american, european, japanese and many others. FM7's car list is easily the best ever assembled in a videogame.

GT only ever cared about japanese cars. Forza 7 has american, european, japanese and many others. FM7's car list is easily the best ever assembled in a videogame.

Too bad the game isn't very good..

259767.jpg

:D Just having some fun.

Valid point, but what if I love japanese cars? :lol:

Here in the States it was called the Dodge Conquest TSI. I always wanted one of them too. I'm not sure how many versions they made in the Dodge or if any of them were rare.

Here in the States it was called the Dodge Conquest TSI. I always wanted one of them too. I'm not sure how many versions they made in the Dodge or if any of them were rare.
I remember seeing them on debut at the New York Autoshow(on 59th Street). Some years later, we parked next to a blue one in the lot across the street from the Javits Center at the time. Supposedly, the updated colours(blue and yellow) weren't even out yet and there it was, in the parking lot.

I feel the widebody Starion/Conquest. still have one of the all time, best stock wheels ever made.

The Mitsubishi Starion always reminded me of a boxy version of the Porsche 944, I also read some where that it was supposed to be named "Stallion", but when pronounced with a Japanese accent it became "Starion"

I remember seeing them on debut at the New York Autoshow(on 59th Street). Some years later, we parked next to a blue one in the lot across the street from the Javits Center at the time. Supposedly, the updated colours(blue and yellow) weren't even out yet and there it was, in the parking lot.

I feel the widebody Starion/Conquest. still have one of the all time, best stock wheels ever made.

The stock wheels on the 85 Celica GTS and Supra in my opinion are right up there

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mitsubishi Starion always reminded me of a boxy version of the Porsche 944, I also read some where that it was supposed to be named "Stallion", but when pronounced with a Japanese accent it became "Starion"
"Starion" is also a coined word which was named after star and Arion.

Okay, if PD are modelling cars like the Starion, is it safe to mention the Used Car Dealership(UCD) for GT_?

`exhale`Without trying to make this a wish thread, not naming cars, but having access to this particular dealer, building a UCD more like the first games. Not so much like GT4-6.

Reason being, PD would more than likely have taken photos and data of a few more cars at that dealer. With GTS being the next chapter of the franchise, the next game would have to be "new" - ish in delivery. Every second GT has boosted the car count. Every one.

That's why I'm not upset with car count in GTS(car choices maybe, but not car count). The next GT, according to GT history, should deliver a heavy car list.
So, a good way to do that, is with the trusty UCD. Of course PD have just ported over old models in the past games. Looking at this game, the classic cars just don't fit within GT: SPORT. Lovely to have them though.

I feel PD are going to be clever with the next game's car list. Will we see the 17 trims of one car? I don't know. My Spidey sense is tingling, that we'll see a greater variety of cars PD has ever offered in a GT game.

Last edited:
I’ll be pretty excited if this ever comes in the near or distant future. I feel the 80’s has great style when it comes to the body styles of the cars. This one in particular has been one of my favorites for a long time. As far as performance is concerned I wouldn’t really know.

Chrystler also made the daytona back in the 80’s. Is it all similar to the starion or conquest? It was featured in the film “The Wraith” back in 1986 staring Charlie Sheen (<—- probably spelled wrong).

One wonders why they dont do more 80's and 90's themed races. There's almost enough cars to make it a decent race.

I’ll be pretty excited if this ever comes in the near or distant future. I feel the 80’s has great style when it comes to the body styles of the cars. This one in particular has been one of my favorites for a long time. As far as performance is concerned I wouldn’t really know.

Chrystler also made the daytona back in the 80’s. Is it all similar to the starion or conquest? It was featured in the film “The Wraith” back in 1986 staring Charlie Sheen (<—- probably spelled wrong).
I saw that movie. Totally different, Was a concept car with cab forward design.

One wonders why they dont do more 80's and 90's themed races. There's almost enough cars to make it a decent race.

I absolutely agree. I would also like to get some of those going in the lobby. It’s a shame that we cannot filter the types of cars we want to race anymore like the previous Gran Turismo.

I see...and apparently according to wiki it was FWD too.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Daytona

It was also called the Starion here in the states as well, I'm pretty sure.

Sure, well aware. Which is why I wrote what I wrote. But it’s not the same, where’s the everyday beaters? ;) What PD did was unique. T10 just try to look cool and follow their footsteps by adding cars PD didn’t, et cetera. :)
Trying to act cool by adding good cars that other games don't have? Hopefully more developers try to be cool in the future. The everyday beaters seem to be missing from most games this generation, to be honest, so not really a fault on them.

It was also called the Starion here in the states as well, I'm pretty sure.

It very well could have been but if so I've never seen one on the road. Every time I seen one they were always Dodge or Plymouth Conquest. They were out a few years before I even knew Mitsubishi made them and rebadged them under the Dodge name.

It very well could have been but if so I've never seen one on the road. Every time I seen one they were always Dodge or Plymouth Conquest. They were out a few years before I even knew Mitsubishi made them and rebadged them under the Dodge name.
Yeah, I'm fairly positive they are.

Also, doing a quick internet search shows that they were produced side by side on some years for the multiple Marques.

I see...and apparently according to wiki it was FWD too.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Daytona

The Wraith is an awesome 80s car movie. Highly recommend. Good music too.

You're talking about two different cars here. The "main" car of the movie was the Chrysler concept car thing. Can't remember the name but there is a wiki page about it.

m4s.jpg

The other one you're mentioning is the 80's Charger Daytona. Driven by the young couple who race the bad guy and lose their car. The gang takes it, does their custom paint job and mods to it and uses it in a later race. It is a FWD car and I thiiiiink maybe turbo? Can't remember.

18riuf95fe8s5jpg.jpg

I worked for Dodge/Chrysler during this time and I think I had 3 of them for demos that were TSI models and one in 1984 before the TSI's came out. I had a red one and a black one of the TSI's that were 5 speeds and a Maroon one that was automatic. The automatic one was awful. The lower spoilers on the TSI models were very fragile and would break at the slightest contact with anything. I think the '84 model I had was silver with the Technica option package on it that had a digital readout instrument cluster and I think it had the voice warning system that was popular with Chrysler back then.

The Wraith is an awesome 80s car movie. Highly recommend. Good music too.

You're talking about two different cars here. The "main" car of the movie was the Chrysler concept car thing. Can't remember the name but there is a wiki page about it.

m4s.jpg

The other one you're mentioning is the 80's Charger Daytona. Driven by the young couple who race the bad guy and lose their car. The gang takes it, does their custom paint job and mods to it and uses it in a later race. It is a FWD car and I thiiiiink maybe turbo? Can't remember.

18riuf95fe8s5jpg.jpg

The Daytona and the Charger were 2 different models but both had 2.2 litre turbo 4 cylinders available in them. The Daytona Turbo Z package in the picture above (lower sill ground effects, front spoiler, rear wrap around spoiler) was also in the Movie Cannonball Run 2 where it was driven by Frank Sinatra and he blows away the Corvette driven by Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. Ah movie magic. There is also a black Mistubishi Starion in the movie driven by Richard Kiel (Jaws from the James Bond movie "Moonraker") and Jackie Chan.

Back