A Mitsubishi Starion Is Reportedly Coming to... the "Next Gran Turismo"

That’s interesting. Let’s hope for a classic GT with a focus on cars from the past - It makes me sad that all games focus on new cars, if you want to race an old car you’d need to boot up an older game.

Seems RaceRoom has figured this out too, though their focus is on race cars.. sure T10/Playground Games is doing something too, but not quite like PD used to..

What does Twitter use to translate posts?...

Here's what Google Translate threw out:

OP:

I'm going to the next Gran Turismo
Stallion 2.6 GSR-VR ❗️

Very rare GSR-VR ❗️
Even more rare normal cars
Many people longed for being appointed to movies and dramas ❗️
Both interior and exterior are beautiful, it is a car that we also offered to the production company of Gran Turismo ❗️
Please confirm the details by HP by all means

Answer to the guy's question:

Although I was not told the details, I said that it is the next one I do not know that the neighborhood is not the production side

Cool beans. Starion was my first car. Been awhile since I researched these but I can't remember if the 2.6 is the same G54B we had in the States. Engine is not so great but the widebody version could be considered rare in Japan? It was broken/not running right during 95% of the time I owned it.

Very cool. I look forward to checking it out. Pic from May 2006.

Starion Project 002.jpg

"Next" could mean anything: Next update
That would actually make the most sense.

I bet it's that, the next update. Just a teaser... :lol: Man, one little word lost in translation and the internet gets all hyped up.

A reply to the post by @batta_AKAGI says this:

きっと、アップデートでしょうね...次のGTだとしたらちょっと早い気がしますw(取材が)

Translation:

Surely it will be an update ... I guess it will be a little earlier if I am the next GT w (interview)

Edit: Checking stuff... It seems the Japanese don't have a dedicated word for "update" which would describe a game update. Instead they use "Appudeito", clearly borrowed from the english vocabulary. Maybe the OP was not familiar with the word so they left it out?... It's a possibility.

...or I'm just overthinking stuff as usual. :banghead:

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to suggest there is. It's just a little surprising if the Starion really does get added first.
I get where you're coming from, I guess I'm just used to how random gran truism has added cars in the past.

That’s interesting. Let’s hope for a classic GT with a focus on cars from the past - It makes me sad that all games focus on new cars, if you want to race an old car you’d need to boot up an older game.

Seems RaceRoom has figured this out too, though their focus is on race cars.. sure T10/Playground Games is doing something too, but not quite like PD used to..

http://www.igcd.net/game.php?id=1000012687

Forza 7 has over 700 cars including a lot cars from the 80s and 90s and even this Starion ;)

So they just not only doing something, they keep those cars alive.

In terms of this post, I am sure this car is dlc some day for GT Sports.

http://www.igcd.net/game.php?id=1000012687

Forza 7 has over 700 cars including a lot cars from the 80s and 90s and even this Starion ;)

So they just not only doing something, they keep those cars alive.

In terms of this post, I am sure this car is dlc some day for GT Sports.
Sure, well aware. Which is why I wrote what I wrote. But it’s not the same, where’s the everyday beaters? ;) What PD did was unique. T10 just try to look cool and follow their footsteps by adding cars PD didn’t, et cetera. :)

More than likely means "I'll be in the next Gran Turismo update" as it's clearly too soon for Polyphony to be thinking about a new game.

With it getting towards the latter part of the month, if Kaz tweets out the usual silhouette cars teaser image, look out for a Starion. :D

Back