A New Forza Franchise at E3? (Hints inside)

• Thread starter FordGTGuy
  • 110 comments
So, circuit race cars are in FH3?
"The Motorsport All-Stars Car Pack for Forza Horizon 3 is your chance to take 10 of the hottest modern race cars off the track and out on the open road. This pack includes the 2016 Ford #66 Racing GT Le Mans, the 2014 Audi #45 Flying Lizard Motorsports R8 LMS ultra, the 2014 Chevrolet #3 Corvette Racing Corvette C7.R, the 2014 Dodge #94 SRT Motorsports Viper GTS-R, the 2014 Ferrari #51 AF Corse 458 Italia GTE, the 2015 Nissan #1 NISMO MOTUL AUTECH GT-R, the 2015 Lamborghini #63 Squadra Corse Huracán LP620-2 Super Trofeo, the 2016 Holden #22 Sharkbite HRT VF Commodore, the 2016 Ford #55 Supercheap Falcon FG X, and the 2014 #55 BMW Team RLL Z4 GTE."

The VIP cars are the 2016 Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV, the 2016 Koenigsegg Regera, the 2015 Ultima Evolution Coupe 1020, the 2015 Ferrari F12tdf, and the 2015 Ford Falcon GT F 351
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/news/FH3_Pre-Order
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/news/FH3_Pre-Order

Did anyone see the brief flash of gameplay during the Scorpio teaser video that looked like Forza?

I posted some questions recently that I would like to see answered before Forza Horizon 3 launches. I'll update this as more info becomes available. Next info dump is probably Gamescom unless we get more info form interviews this week.

Are Clubs included?
Yes
Unsure if it is in-game or using the newly-announced native Xbox Clubs support.

Can we share cars privately with other players?
Unknown

Can we gift liveries, tunes and CR to individual players?
Unknown

Will there be a centralised Storefront system, where one can find all of an individual user's liveries, tunes and layer groups?
Yes

Is there an Auction House?
Yes

Are there any penalties for corner-cutting?
Unknown

Are there any penalties for crashing?
Unknown

Will we have searchable player-hosted custom lobbies?
Unknown

Will there be any sort of licensing or seeding system (other than TrueSkill) to separate experienced players from newbies?
Unknown

Are there any new tuning options?
Yes
New upgrades, such as rally modifications, wide-body kits, branded rims etc. Most likely not available for all cars, tuning menus not revealed as of yet.

What eSports features are available?
Unknown

What improvements have been made to spectate/replay features?
Unknown

Are there any improvements to Photo Mode?
Unknown

Will leaderboards be available externally, on websites/apps etc.?
Unknown

Will there be cross-platform Multiplayer between Xbox and PC?
Yes

Can layer groups, liveries and tunes be imported from previous Forza titles?
Unknown

Will there be leaderboards for drag racing?
Unknown

Will there be leaderboards for drifting?
Unknown

Thanks for putting this together, PJ. I'll have some time with the FH3 guys at E3 and will try to get some of these answered for you.
Excellent @Jordan, thanks for that.

I presume the answers will form an article on GTPlanet's news blog?

Being trendy, there's more than console games, new expressions...

I'm guessing some sort of mobile game type of thing?

Hah no... what he is talking about is how Xbox has become a platform beyond just console.

I'm thinking it's a game that is available day one on PC and Xbox.

Last edited:
Hah no... what he is talking about is how Xbox has become a platform beyond just console.

I'm getting it's a game that is available day one on PC and Xbox.

I took it more like there's an untapped market and we'll following trends mobile gaming seems to have exploded in the last few years so I'd imagine they'd like to grab some market share.

He also points out that currently Forza has two distinct focuses, the serious hardcore racing and the fun, casual thing. But there's more he says and the damn guy shuts up and leaves us hanging haha, well I actually love that. What could it be? A serious drag racing game? Serious car history games? To be honest I have no clue but since I started playing Forza mostly I've seen they come up with great ideas, some times they start slow and timid but then they fully develop them and things start to really shine. The Horizon franchise seems like a proper example of what I'm talking about, so with that in mind I'll relax and wait for them to announce something, I'm sure it will be great.

Here is a transcript of the video:

Motor World Hype: What's in the future for Forza?

Dan: I'm still kinda amazed and shocked at how far Forza has come over the last ten years in particular it's uhh since the launch of the original Forza on the original Xbox. We were scrappy, we were young and we had a vision. We wanted to do a lot of things and since then we've learned a lot and more then anything we've grown this huge community and the community is really what this game is all about at this point. It's about building a larger automotive community; so what I'm excited about in the future in particular is looking at the xbox family of devices, the possibilities of what Forza can do as that whole world moves... well to coin a phrase "beyond boundaries". So the hardware disappears and it's just you and you're games and the community. Now there is a lot of trends right and I think that Forza has really been on trend many times. Be it with UGC or uhh Web 2.0 which is what we called it back then and now looking at things such as E-sports and the announcement of Forza Racing Championship. When you look at a lot of the features that are going on in the community in Horizon 3, that's very much on trend as well. So it's responsive to the community. I would also say there is another angle, right now we have two expressions of car passion right? We've got really really hardcore simulation; it's about speed, it's about determination and we have Horizon, expansive; it's about freedom, it's about music and it's fun; It's always fun but there is so much more to car culture and there is so much more to this world then console games. So I'm excited about the Xbox family of devices but I'm also excited about new ways to explore car culture; new experiences, new expressions. So I can't announce anything of what that is but I think that the world is still turning quite a bit and Forza is going to be getting bigger and bigger.

Motor World Hype:
And what about your thoughts? What do you have to say?

Ralph: I have literally nothing to add to that.

Dan: *Laughing*

Ralph: What am I going to say after that?

Dan: Sorry.

Ralph: Yeah.... yeah. yeah. yeah... Cars are good.

Ralph/Dan: Laughing

Dan: You've had a long day my friend.

Ralph: *Laughing*

Ralph: and if you just crop me out of that shot, right?

Dan: *Laughing*

Ralph: And.. and get his thing?

Back