A New Forza Franchise at E3? (Hints inside)

• Thread starter FordGTGuy
  • 110 comments
I hope this is all silly **** and it's just Horizon 3, would be terrible if I had to wait 2-3 years to try the new cars from H3 on a goddamn track.

Of course its Horizon 3. I think its been long established that they stagger Horizon and Motorsport so they're not stealing sales from each other.

Doesnt Horizon 2 date back to 2014? Its due.

Come E3, I don't want to see any witch hunts. I'm just showing hints that something might be going on here.

Could it be a new franchise? Who knows but it would be cool if there was.

Let's think about the Centenario being the cover car for a second - The Huracan was the cover car for Horizon 2. If another Lamborghini is on the box art, surely it must be linked to the Horizon series? I have a strong feeling the new title will be a sequel to Forza Horizon 2 (i.e. an arcade racing game), although whether it will retain the Horizon tag is questionable at this stage.

3. FM Story - standalone game about rising career of one driver (story missions, cutscenes like in NFS, Toca Race Driver or may be similar to Forza Horizon Fast&Furios)
This can fit into the Motorsport titles or even the Horizon title

2. FM Arcade - to compete again on mobiles win Gameloft's Asphalt series)
or may be similar to Forza Horizon Fast&Furios)
4. FM Life - standalone game about life of rich man (open-world similar to Test Drive Unlimited with abilities to buy houses, yachts)
5. FM Underground - similar to NFS Underground or NFS Pro Street, hip-hop, rap, night street racing, neon, nitro
These can fit into Horizon.

6. FM 360 - FM6 to xbox360
They wouldn't even be able to put in any of the features that are worthwhile. Forza 4 would sound more appealing at that point.

What ever this is my concern would be it taking away from the current series creating delays, too many fingers in the pie. Hope would be sharing assets across the different series and not go down PD road.

Right now their pie is delicious, and Horizon is a flavor I didn't think I would but really enjoyed it. Enough so I'll get FH3. If they do indeed come out with a 3rd concept I'd be willing to give it a shot.

It's surely FH3. Probably set in Aussie. Hopefully with a larger, more varied map than FH2.
+1. I think I actually enjoyed FH1 a bit more, but I did have personal opinions about FH2's map from the very start with the demo. Still a fun game.

I'm hoping it's similar in size to Hawaii from TDU, would be neat not to be able to explore every road within an hour or two.

Also lots of places for a couple dozen garage finds.

I always thought it would have been cool if someone (even TDU) made a game which had all the Hawaiian islands fully modelled as the map. You could then ferry your car across as you pleased.

I'm guessing that they'll start leaking some info prior to E3. With Horizon 2 they released something through IGN about a week before E3 although I can't remember if it was truly a leak or a short press release.

I'm guessing that they'll start leaking some info prior to E3. With Horizon 2 they released something through IGN about a week before E3 although I can't remember if it was truly a leak or a short press release.

It wasn't a leak, they just officially announced FH2 one week before E3 2014. This time they've already announced that they'll be revealing the 'all new Forza' game in the Microsoft press conference - so we'll have to wait for that to get out first glimpse at Horizon 3 ;)

It wasn't a leak, they just officially announced FH2 one week before E3 2014. This time they've already announced that they'll be revealing the 'all new Forza' game in the Microsoft press conference - so we'll have to wait for that to get out first glimpse at Horizon 3 ;)

Oh yeah so that was a formal announcement but hadn't there been a few screenshot leaks too? One showing wet tarmac or something or was that after E3 to hype up the weather announcement? Anyway still a little teaser would be good to fire up the hype train.

I was thinking as well, What if they cancelled Horizon altogether? I remember reading that it barely sold 1 million copies and that was combining both 360 & One sales. I know that these sales reports you always have to take them with a huge grain of salt but still if they would have sold a lot of copies as was the case with Halo 5 then they would have made some sort of announcement to brag about it.

Oh yeah so that was a formal announcement but hadn't there been a few screenshot leaks too? One showing wet tarmac or something or was that after E3 to hype up the weather announcement? Anyway still a little teaser would be good to fire up the hype train.

I was thinking as well, What if they cancelled Horizon altogether? I remember reading that it barely sold 1 million copies and that was combining both 360 & One sales. I know that these sales reports you always have to take them with a huge grain of salt but still if they would have sold a lot of copies as was the case with Halo 5 then they would have made some sort of announcement to brag about it.

There was a teaser before E3, but that again was officially revealed by PG.

And they absolutely haven't cancelled Horizon. There are strong insider sources pointing to FH3 in Aussie on Neogaf. Trusted insiders.

I also think FH2 did absolutely fine in sales - probably pretty well + all the DLC. Rough estimate maybe 2.XX Million including 360 copies. I think the Forza franchise is in a good state at the moment, considering how far behind they are in terms of Xbox One consoles out there vs PS4. And with them bringing the franchise to PC, the sales numbers are only going to get bigger, along with DLC sales.

There was a teaser before E3, but that again was officially revealed by PG.

And they absolutely haven't cancelled Horizon. There are strong insider sources pointing to FH3 in Aussie on Neogaf. Trusted insiders.

I also think FH2 did absolutely fine in sales - probably pretty well + all the DLC. Rough estimate maybe 2.XX Million including 360 copies. I think the Forza franchise is in a good state at the moment, considering how far behind they are in terms of Xbox One consoles out there vs PS4. And with them bringing the franchise to PC, the sales numbers are only going to get bigger, along with DLC sales.

That's great to know, I don't usually read Neogaf but maybe I should start. Seems interesting with all those insiders there. I only checked the GT6 thread and it was amusing at times. It's also nice to hear that the sales were actually good, I'm really expecting great things from T10 (especially with the Forza Motorsport franchise) in the future. It'd be a real shame if they went under or get closed like it happened with Evo. Turn 10 definitely deserves all the success they've had, I've been playing their games for two years now and I have not felt let down once.

I wouldn't be surprised if a new Forza Horizon title is announced at E3, along with the inclusion of the Centenario in Forza Motorsport 6. The Centenario would be available immediately/soon, and people can drive it at the Petersen.

I wouldn't be surprised if a new Forza Horizon title is announced at E3, along with the inclusion of the Centenario in Forza Motorsport 6. The Centenario would be available immediately/soon, and people can drive it at the Petersen.

Yeah that's definitely possible. They did that for Horizon 1, when they put the SRT Viper in Forza 4 for everyone before even FH1 came out. I thought they'd do the same for FM5/H2 with the Huracan....sadly they didn't. Hopefully they do it for the Centenario though!

Whatever this new Forza game is, I'm sure it'll very exciting and WON'T disappoint the community like a certain company we know. If T10 knows what they're doing, than I have high hopes for them! 👍

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the certain company's new game is going to get absolutely shredded by the next Forza installment, and especially by Forza Motorsport 7 when that rolls around. Though since I'm no longer a blind supporter of that certain game I can actually enjoy the shredding this time around.:D

I think I can easily debunk all the "hints" pointed out.

-The first source quotes " 'I'm not saying what the next ten years are gonna be . . .' " so Spencer does have some uncertainty here.
-The next source says the team has "ideas," which could be things just to expand on Motorsport and Horizon.
-The Centenario video says that its video game debut would be the next Forza game, so it could be Horizon 3.
-The Petersen event could just be some Forza 6 information.

Not that all my guesses are actually true.

I think I can easily debunk all the "hints" pointed out.

-The first source quotes " 'I'm not saying what the next ten years are gonna be . . .' " so Spencer does have some uncertainty here.
-The next source says the team has "ideas," which could be things just to expand on Motorsport and Horizon.
-The Centenario video says that its video game debut would be the next Forza game, so it could be Horizon 3.
-The Petersen event could just be some Forza 6 information.

Not that all my guesses are actually true.

How dare you kill my dreams of Forza Motosport Sport

Forza Motorsport Sport was what I thought leagues was going to be.

Copy the silly safety rating from iRacing and different tiers.

Regular hoppers and online **** for everyone else.

I'd quite like to see a Forza Hot Wheels game, that worked like Skylanders, albeit with codes to put into the game, so you could race your collection.

The graphics could be in the art style of the blister pack illustration.

VXR
I'd quite like to see a Forza Hot Wheels game, that worked like Skylanders, albeit with codes to put into the game, so you could race your collection.

Microsoft could abuse this like the Nintendo Amibo system.

Buy a $4.95 Hotwheels car. Type in the code inside the pack. Unlock the car in the game.

This isnt how I want Forza to go.

Could mean mucho dinero for Microsoft so its probably a done deal.

Back