A New Forza Franchise at E3? (Hints inside)

• Thread starter FordGTGuy
  • 110 comments
United States
Virginia
FordGT40Guy
FordGTGuy
Let's start off with a few facts:

• Forza Motorsport 7 is not happening this year.
  • Forza Horizon has never been advertised under Forza Motorsport.
  • Forza Motorsport Apex is already announced and wouldn't be considered "All-New".
  • Forza Motorsport 6 just released a new expansion and they wouldn't have another one this quickly.

Now let's look at the hints, let's first start with Dan Greenawalt from June 2014:

30FhFnC.png

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06...eries-possible-as-franchise-evolves-ign-first

Now let's look at Phil Spencer a year later:

Tjy2CMB.png

http://www.thegamescabin.com/phil-s...sibility-of-another-forza-franchise-and-more/

Then later Microsoft releases a Lamborghini cover car video for the new "All-new Forza":

uojIGCM.png

oiEutFh.png

R9hsPM4.png

ZYJ5HPZ.png

Now Microsoft has announced a Peterson Museum event for Forza Motorsport which takes place after the E3 briefing and involves the FanFest, not much of a big deal.. could be DLC or something right?

NyBiKWD.png

https://majornelson.com/2016/05/03/xbox-at-e3-2016/

Then a executive releases this photo for the FanFest T-shirts:

6uLNB4M.jpg

That's right, that's a Forza Motorsport T-shirt with the car company logo of the new cover car for the "All-New Forza Game".

I'm not saying any of this is definitive but it's hard for me to ignore.

I've been thinking about something similar myself, although not quite as deeply. Imagine if they made a game combining both of the current franchises. Basically an open world game incorporating the real world circuits. However, this sounds like a stretch for the Xbox One, but who knows whether E3 will reveal something about upgraded consoles.

I won't let my imagination run any wilder until Forza Horizon 3 is confirmed or not.

EDIT: While I was busy writing, the same idea was posted. 👍

Interesting discoveries! All these leads point towards another Forza Motorsport title, which I find disappointing as I was really looking forward to another Horizon title.

This does bring about a number of possibilities:
  • Worst case scenario: FM6 Apex is being dubbed as a brand new game :grumpy:
  • The successor to Horizon has been renamed
  • The next title could be a combination of Motorsport and Horizon

This could be a launch title for Scorpio in early 2017 btw.

The Xbox logo instead of an Xbox One logo is a little telling.

The logo on the shirt? I wouldn't look too much into that.

It didn't start there, they released a new teaser video for the E3 Briefing and the new ending logo for the videos is now just Xbox instead of Xbox One.

There are also incredibly strong rumors of the Scorpio and it might be announced at this E3.

Watch it be an eSport focused title since Forza 6 has gained momentum in MLG.

And not because of GT Sport...

Of course, we both know a lot of people will just claim it's solely due to the latter. :P

It's very strange. I mean, we assume it's Horizon 3, because FH2 was such a great game, a serious step forward from FH1. But the reluctance to give out a name until E3 could be a sign. FWIW, Playground Games' Twitter isn't building towards E3 either.

I'm not sure if a third franchise would be a good thing, if it's an eSport thing then I don't know why that couldn't be tacked into as a mode within the Motorsport franchise. A real serious rally sim I guess it could work but there's already some off road racing with Horizon. My fear is that by having so many games out there it'll create franchise fatigue, anyway we have to be patient until e3 not long now and we'll find out.

I've also noticed that the Playground Games logo is not on the t-shirt either. However, the Petersen Automotive Museum logo is. Check out the event happening on the 11th of June here, it appears to be a public showcase of the Centenario... a replica at least.

With the inclusion of the Centenario, rally can be ruled out. :P

Last edited:
It's very strange. I mean, we assume it's Horizon 3, because FH2 was such a great game, a serious step forward from FH1. But the reluctance to give out a name until E3 could be a sign. FWIW, Playground Games' Twitter isn't building towards E3 either.
I think It's normal. I mean, I don't remember them teasing the previous games until the week right before the E3.

It didn't start there, they released a new teaser video for the E3 Briefing and the new ending logo for the videos is now just Xbox instead of Xbox One.

There are also incredibly strong rumors of the Scorpio and it might be announced at this E3.
It's a brand thing. If PD had Gran Turismo shirts made for E3, they'd have the PlayStation brand on them and not a specific console name.
I'm not sure if a third franchise would be a good thing, if it's an eSport thing then I don't know why that couldn't be tacked into as a mode within the Motorsport franchise. A real serious rally sim I guess it could work but there's already some off road racing with Horizon. My fear is that by having so many games out there it'll create franchise fatigue, anyway we have to be patient until e3 not long now and we'll find out.
I don't think it would be fatigue. Quite the opposite really. Instead of their cycle being Motorsport, Horizon, Motorsport, Horizon, it ends up being Motorsport, Horizon, 3rd title, Motorsport, Horizon, 3rd title. Of course, this only works if a 3rd dev team are working on a 3rd Forza IP. That would also allow them to get more quality into each game, and is that really a bad thing? :sly:

I think you're reaching there, it's just a confusingly written PR piece. It's Horizon 3, plain and simple. Don't overhype yourself only to be dissaointed.

Why would they have a "Forza Motorsport" event at the Peterson Museum after the E3 briefing?

and "Forza Motorsport" T-shirts for an event that Horizon 3 is being announced at?

Why not "Forza Horizon" T-shirts?

It's not like a "Oh god we better wear Motorsport t-shirts or they'll think we're working on Horizon guys."

The Petersen is having the Forza e-sports thing. Horizon 3 announced at E3, cut to the Petersen and mass announcement of the competition.

That seems like an extremely odd thing to tie into E3 and probably just something that the Petersen Museum is doing with their Forza display starting on June 10th.

Not to mention, why would you have a mass announcement of the competition three days after the first competition date?

Last edited:
Now Microsoft has announced a Peterson Museum event for Forza motorsport...

However, the Peterson Automotive Museum logo is.

Not to piss you guys off but it's Petersen. Trust me, it's sucks to be identified as a son when you're a sen. :P

Why would they have a "Forza Motorsport" event at the Peterson Museum after the E3 briefing?

and "Forza Motorsport" T-shirts for an event that Horizon 3 is being announced at?

Why not "Forza Horizon" T-shirts?

Possibly because Turn 10 has many relevant things going on regardless of what Playground Games may be doing.

I don't think it would be fatigue. Quite the opposite really. Instead of their cycle being Motorsport, Horizon, Motorsport, Horizon, it ends up being Motorsport, Horizon, 3rd title, Motorsport, Horizon, 3rd title. Of course, this only works if a 3rd dev team are working on a 3rd Forza IP. That would also allow them to get more quality into each game, and is that really a bad thing? :sly:

I used to think that as well. More time = good thing, until I read Dan's words on Eurogamer a few years ago.

"[...] Looking at most games being developed, the two to three year basis is the sweet-spot for triple-A games. But we've optimised our team to do the two year product cycle. It's hugely disruptive to add another year - you're having to throw a lot of work away. Since we've made a team that's able to make games in two years, I think another year we'd have to change our processes to make the most of that."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-12-fixing-forza-5-how-turn-10-wants-to-turn-things-around

I don't know if their processes changed anyway and now allow them to (potentially) put more time between each game.

Last edited:
I used to think that as well. More time = good thing, until I read Dan's words on Eurogamer a few years ago.

"[...] Looking at most games being developed, the two to three year basis is the sweet-spot for triple-A games. But we've optimised our team to do the two year product cycle. It's hugely disruptive to add another year - you're having to throw a lot of work away. Since we've made a team that's able to make games in two years, I think another year we'd have to change our processes to make the most of that."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-12-fixing-forza-5-how-turn-10-wants-to-turn-things-around

I don't know if their processes changed anyway and now allow them to (potentially) put more time between each game.
However, that does nothing to show that it's a bad thing either. It just means that they would have to rethink their process to accommodate an extra year. I can't really think of why more time is bad.

Last edited:
  • The next title could be a combination of Motorsport and Horizon

PGR5 obvs.
One plus one, equals two! :P

At first, I would've expected something with bikes, but the Lambo immediately denied the possibility of a 'bike only' Forza. I think it's going to be an e-sports title, too, especially since the shirt looks pretty much like the ones team members and fans wear at the paddock. I hope the MLG will put the game into a better light in the process ... 1v1 races are an odd choice for a race format.

My ideas:
1. Forza Motorsport Mobile - to compete with EA's Real Racing 3)
2. FM Arcade - to compete again on mobiles win Gameloft's Asphalt series)
3. FM Story - standalone game about rising career of one driver (story missions, cutscenes like in NFS, Toca Race Driver or may be similar to Forza Horizon Fast&Furios)
4. FM Life - standalone game about life of rich man (open-world similar to Test Drive Unlimited with abilities to buy houses, yachts)
5. FM Underground - similar to NFS Underground or NFS Pro Street, hip-hop, rap, night street racing, neon, nitro
6. FM 360 - FM6 to xbox360
But I want Horizon 3 on xb1 with all of #3, #4, #5 :lol:

Back