A new maintenance 9/12/2017 5:00 - 9/12/2017 7:00 (And a update)

• Thread starter IngRobNy
  • 132 comments
Slow for me to and my hard drive is faster than the regular one, definitely an issue on their end

I got to thinking that, Currently I have GT:Sport on a removable drive with a give or take 30cm long cable, Whilst not exactly the optimal setup it does what I need it to do, It can't be a connection issue because my internet is perfect if not as fast as I'd like, Getting back to the topic of logo's though I don't see why the slow down for those they are only 15kb or less each.

I'm using cockpit camera only in every game.

So, except of great disadvantage in field of view, I can't even steer normal?
As I said before in another thread: I reached over 100 hours of gameplay in GTS before Forza 7 (which I bought before it) just because of how it felt when racing on cockpit view. Until 1.05, it was absolutely incredible... and I don't even have a PS+ subscription! This was all single player time. Even with few cars and tracks, the feeling of playing the game on cockpit view was absolutely amazing. The steering response had me hooked to the game. I even played rally events on cockpit, because the wheel reaction was lightning fast and it helped me judge the corrections needed to keep the car sideways on dirt.

Now this is gone for me...

Well the latest patch didn't fix the terrible load times, Sigh.
Not experiencing load time issues on my day 1 PS4. Using a 1TB 7200rpm HDD though (and game is on physical disc which doesn't really make a difference since games loads 99% off the HDD anyways).

I do notice that some social postings take some time to come up though since the hotfix patch earlier this week.

Yea man its insane! So unacceptable. How can PD talk about releasing new content soon when the game is not fully rdy to go yet.

Check my vid here, says it all.
I show 2 porsches, 1 has more horsepower then the other one while they have the exact same power upgrades.

People shoud care about this stuff cause its ruining the gameplay for real.

You've got to be kidding me.
A one-off example, which is probably nothing more random rounding error, creating one Porsche with 692HP and another with 693HP, an entire 15/100ths of 1% difference, is "ruining gameplay for real"?

It's an interesting find, but let's not get too carried away.
If it is the same mechanic used in prior games then it also affects the chassis as well. A car from the UCD did not have as much grip as a brand new car, even after a chassis refresh. There was some permanent degradation there. Won't make much difference now but in 20,30,40k kms there could be a real difference.

I have heard of it but i don't know how it works etc. And i think you have to pay for it?.
it's weird . it plays on ambient noise channel, so no crowd noise and other ambient effects. At least on my surround setup. Also wish it only replaced menu music as I don't want it in races.

Any one having lobby issues? We created 3 lobby races. 2 different servers. Both got Disconnected. And when we did get to the race, the grid will not use fastest first

As I said before in another thread: I reached over 100 hours of gameplay in GTS before Forza 7 (which I bought before it) just because of how it felt when racing on cockpit view. Until 1.05, it was absolutely incredible... and I don't even have a PS+ subscription! This was all single player time. Even with few cars and tracks, the feeling of playing the game on cockpit view was absolutely amazing. The steering response had me hooked to the game. I even played rally events on cockpit, because the wheel reaction was lightning fast and it helped me judge the corrections needed to keep the car sideways on dirt.

Now this is gone for me...

For me the same, before patch 1.06 the game (played with a DS4) was a delight to play, a perfect balance between realism and accessibility, between challenge and fun.
Besides the stunning audio-visual part what hooked me and put Project Cars 2 / Assetto Corsa in the shadows (and on the shelves) was this perfect handling they implemented.
Now since they introduced 1.06 all these feelings are gone. Vanished.

The braking is now dumb, it doesn’t provide any feedback, trail braking is less necessary than before, approaching the apex is much easier than before as every car is a lot more stable, accelerating out of a curve requires less attention. Everything is more “monkey proof”.

For me it is like they were scared of casual players leaving the game.

But if is true that they want GTSport to last some years, then this simplification is not the way they should pursue.

Last edited:
For me the same, before patch 1.06 the game (played with a DS4) was a delight to play, a perfect balance between realism and accessibility, between challenge and fun.
Besides the stunning audio-visual part what hooked me and put Project Cars 2 / Assetto Corsa in the shadows (and on the shelves) was this perfect handling they implemented.
Now since they introduced 1.06 all these feelings are gone. Vanished.

The braking is now dumb, it doesn’t provide any feedback, trail braking is less necessary than before, approaching the apex is much easier than before as every car is a lot more stable, accelerating out of a curve requires less attention. Everything is more “monkey proof”.

For me it is like they were scared of casual players leaving the game.

But if is true that they want GTSport to last some years, then this simplification is not the way they should pursue.

Totally agree with you Zeitoss. It seems as if there is a constant steering aid or stability control in force now, even if all assists are switched off. I think they have dumbed down the physics engine to improve data transfer to reduce online lag, or to make the game easier to play for those less experienced. Something seems to take control of the car if you get any slide out of a corner - you can see in the replays that the movement of the front wheels doesn't always match what the car is doing, the car axis appear to be more centralised rather then near the front wheels and the whole feel is far too 'arcadey' now, which is really disappointing. I would like PD to re-introduce the physics engine from pre 1.06 as a 'pro physics' option and keep the new update as an 'arcade physics' option, and obviously keep the two options seperated in online lobbies and Sport mode... fingers crossed they fix it as the change has totally put me off the game :banghead:

That's weird being 2 days after the last maintenance but i hope it is to stabilize the online mess that happened since the last update, photos or decals not loading, liveries not uploading in the servers...

Yep, still like it.
Its like Sony/PD turned off half the servers to save money.

I have heard of it but i don't know how it works etc. And i think you have to pay for it?.
It's free, a paid version gets rid of the adds. It's easy to use once you've signed up. Make a playlist then hold PS button in on controller for the quick menu to come up anytime you want to play your playlist.

I think they have dumbed down the physics engine to improve data transfer to reduce online lag

The physics are calculated on your own console, so that's hardly the case. And I don't see how a "dumbed down" physics engine would appear as a driving aid.

The physics are calculated on your own console, so that's hardly the case. And I don't see how a "dumbed down" physics engine would appear as a driving aid.

Eran0004. Read my post again as you've misunderstood what I said. When I mentioned the physics engine had been "dumbed down", I meant it had been simplified as in there isn't as much for the console to process and transmit as data online etc. This would improve the lag situation.

As for the new 'feel' of the physics engine; surely you've noticed that it's a lot more forgiving now? If you watch a replay where you have exited a corner in a drift, you'll see that the cars movements don't always correlate with the direction and movement of the front wheels. It feels like a subtle aid kicks in when the car starts to slide which limits the inputs on the controller and kind of guides the car around the corner - a bit like Ridge Racer, but clearly nowhere near as bad as that.

Also, if you watch the red dot on the console that shows the steering wheel angle, it kind of does it's own thing and doesn't truelly reflect the steering input on the DS4. The steering role off (or the time it takes for the front wheels to re-align to centre) seems particulary slow and I think PD have have done this to prevent the snap oversteer effect that some less experienced players may have been struggling.

I think the handling was particular tricky to kick off with at launch if using road cars, although they improved the handing until update 1.06, which to me, now feels a little bit too 'arcadey' and forgiving. When I play GT I usually feel rewarded when I drive well. However, it now seems too easy to drive well, too easy to catch the car if you clip the grass or lose rear-wheel traction.

It's free, a paid version gets rid of the adds. It's easy to use once you've signed up. Make a playlist then hold PS button in on controller for the quick menu to come up anytime you want to play your playlist.
Sweet thank you! EDIT @lancia delta hf Thanks again but it was worthlees i couldn't find anything from what i wanted i good quality. do you know if i can do something similar by downloading them from youtube?

Last edited:
Eran0004. Read my post again as you've misunderstood what I said. When I mentioned the physics engine had been "dumbed down", I meant it had been simplified as in there isn't as much for the console to process and transmit as data online etc. This would improve the lag situation.

What you're missing is that the physics are calculated on your own console, not online. You don't resolve network lag by putting the physics engine on a diet. And difficulty and physics complexity are two different things - you don't get easier driving by reducing the complexity of the physics.

What you're describing is actually a change in how the game deals with controller inputs, and that has nothing to do with lag or with physics complexity.

As for the new 'feel' of the physics engine; surely you've noticed that it's a lot more forgiving now? If you watch a replay where you have exited a corner in a drift, you'll see that the cars movements don't always correlate with the direction and movement of the front wheels. It feels like a subtle aid kicks in when the car starts to slide which limits the inputs on the controller and kind of guides the car around the corner - a bit like Ridge Racer, but clearly nowhere near as bad as that.

Also, if you watch the red dot on the console that shows the steering wheel angle, it kind of does it's own thing and doesn't truelly reflect the steering input on the DS4. The steering role off (or the time it takes for the front wheels to re-align to centre) seems particulary slow and I think PD have have done this to prevent the snap oversteer effect that some less experienced players may have been struggling.
I've noticed it being a tad more forgiving but I was wondering, from real life experience, when losing rear traction but retaining grip at the front, the tyres tend to remain on the line the car/bike was on, almost feeling neutral/light in my hands with the car/bike pivoting round the contact patches.
Might be a trick of the mind but I'm sure I've felt that, just before wishing I wore my brown trousers.

No leaderboard times at all... Yesterday i had all my old times from pre 1.06. Now no pre or post 1.06. Just went quicker at a mission and my new time also not recorded... wth PD?!

What you're missing is that the physics are calculated on your own console, not online. You don't resolve network lag by putting the physics engine on a diet. And difficulty and physics complexity are two different things - you don't get easier driving by reducing the complexity of the physics.

What you're describing is actually a change in how the game deals with controller inputs, and that has nothing to do with lag or with physics complexity.[/QUOTE

Fair point Eran004. I just don't like the change in how the game deals with controller inputs. They've altered the handling model to make the cars easier to drive and I liked it the way it was before i.e more complex and more realistic.

I know that physics are calulated on a console. So based on what you've said the data transmitted between each console in an online race is just controller inputs and maybe the cars position on the track?

Last edited:
I've noticed it being a tad more forgiving but I was wondering, from real life experience, when losing rear traction but retaining grip at the front, the tyres tend to remain on the line the car/bike was on, almost feeling neutral/light in my hands with the car/bike pivoting round the contact patches.
Might be a trick of the mind but I'm sure I've felt that, just before wishing I wore my brown trousers.

Haha. Yes, exactly Renrag. With RWD vehicles the front tyres will usually remain on their true line unless they too have lost grip which would result in either understeer or spin, or both, and in all cases a brown trouser moment.

With the new GT update, the cars seem to be held in a sort of 4-wheel drift in this situation which is fine with a 4WD car, but feels a bit wrong in a RWD. It's almost as if the counter-steering/stability control is constantly on and without the option to switch it off. I find a bit annoying as it removes the challenge and satisfaction, if that makes sense. I might actually try a few laps with these assists switched on to see if it actually makes any difference...

ps. I always opt for a nice pair of chocolate brown chinos if I go out for an early morning burn; especially in winter - they look black when it's dark anyway, so it's a no-brainer really lol

Back