A quick thought about GT6's music.

• Thread starter R5
  • 77 comments

R5

(Banned)
England
Location, Location
Well, two. Firstly, I noticed that Daft Punk fits extremely well with GT5 (and therefore 6 is a massive possibility) then I also noticed they're signed up to Sony Music as well as Columbian. So maybe DP could provide tracks for GT.

Also, does anyone actually use the BGM? And would you feel it needs improved. I do and feel it does need improved, it keeps refusing my Daft Punk cd so I need to reset it ALL. THE. TIME. Improvements needed.

I don't use it because i just play music on my pc while i'm playing...mainly instrumental rock/guitar stuff.. but yeah they need to solve those problems, really annoying.

Well, two. Firstly, I noticed that Daft Punk fits extremely well with GT5 (and therefore 6 is a massive possibility) then I also noticed they're signed up to Sony Music as well as Columbian. So maybe DP could provide tracks for GT.
Brilliant idea!

Let's start with this short sample:

Also, does anyone actually use the BGM? And would you feel it needs improved. I do and feel it does need improved, it keeps refusing my Daft Punk cd so I need to reset it ALL. THE. TIME. Improvements needed.
CD? You don't have it on the HDD? :odd:

The BGM works fine for me. The only improvements I see that are needed would be an ability to set the dealerships and GT Auto music to whatever I choose.

I can't really comment on Daft Punk.

Last edited:
Dr. Slump, no. I imported it from a CD.

And I read that it is due to it not being MP3, but I'm certain CD imports are MP3 files.

And I read that it is due to it not being MP3, but I'm certain CD imports are MP3 files.

They are the file type and nitrate you picked in the settings menu on the XMB. Of course, default is set to "crap". Depending on what one listens to, or the extent of hearing loss, they won't notice.

Usually not. Audio data does normally get stored on CDs in PCM format, usually shows up as AIFF or wav/WAVE on your computer.

Take the CD, copy the songs on your PC, convert them, put them on a USB stick and eventually copy them over onto the PS3.
But the PS3 should actually be able to play Audio-CDs... :odd:

Usually not. Audio data does normally get stored on CDs in PCM format, usually shows up as AIFF or wav/WAVE on your computer.

Take the CD, copy the songs on your PC, convert them, put the on a USB stick and eventually copy them over onto the PS3.

Thanks. This'll probably be the solution to ALL my problems.

Except exams. But that doesn't matter right now.

Oh my god. Why have I never thought of this before? Daft Punk would be amazing.

I just hope if there is anything decent in the world that the GT Academy song won't be in it.

There's music in GT? I must have forgotten I turn off the music before doing anything else on the first boot-up.

Why? Some of it is absolute gold (5oul on D!splay being one example)

Oh my god. Why have I never thought of this before? Daft Punk would be amazing.

I just hope if there is anything decent in the world that the GT Academy song won't be in it.

The relaxed style suits GT so much. Add Random Access Memories to your BGM and listen to it. Great match.

By the way, what's the GT academy song?

Daft Punk+ Gt6= AMAZING!

Bit of David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Boys Noize would be sweet!

Lunar is the same style. It's kinda relaxing so could fit well. Calvin Harris ft. Example is a great song too. Plus the video is a 512 BB racing a 911. Bonus :)

Couldn't care less, I don't listen to music when I drive much less when I race...in real life or a game.

I've switched my BGM to songs from GT1 & GT2, would love the option in the settings to change the Menu music to one of the previous GT games.

I use the best BGM songs from all the GT series. Including all the Moon Over The Castle tracks. It's something odd about those tracks from the older GT series which really improves my driving in Gran Turismo xD Especially certain Feeder songs from GT3.

The only improvement I'd like to see is the ability to listen to my own BGM even in GT Auto, the dealerships, and the Tuning shop. Why that was implemented in the first place is a head scratcher.

The only improvement I'd like to see is the ability to listen to my own BGM even in GT Auto, the dealerships, and the Tuning shop. Why that was implemented in the first place is a head scratcher.

What about the songs continuing until they finish? Doing License Tests over and over and over is really damned annoying with personal music!

I found that the music on Gran Turismo 5 was, 99% of the time, bland and forgettable, if not just bad, and I'm surprised that Sony don't have more of an influence on the soundtrack.

I loved how GT5 implemented players music into the game , perfect noise balance unlike xmb music XD
What about the songs continuing until they finish? Doing License Tests over and over and over is really damned annoying with personal music!
No just no it feels like the musics not part of the damn game.. its annoying

I found that the music on Gran Turismo 5 was, 99% of the time, bland and forgettable, if not just bad, and I'm surprised that Sony don't have more of an influence on the soundtrack.

You can't hate Daiki Kasho.

It's illegal. :)

Just stick the BGM packed full with funky Jazz music. Everyone is then happy!

I'd actually be more than fine with this.

I just want to ask something else, after watching the original NSX video (Nero- me and you Dirtyphonics remix) and the C7 video (The M Machine- Immigrants) does anyone else think PD are secretly fans of electro? Or trying to connect with the youth of today?

Back