A quick thought about GT6's music.

• Thread starter R5
  • 77 comments
I use the BGMs from another racing game, it's called Drift City.. some of the musics are so nice and relaxing, but still sound racey.

for example:

this is also nice:

this one too:

and this one is my favorite:

Last edited:
Is there a way if transferring music over to the PS3 without USB cables or sticks?

I have yet to see but one game where I actually liked the in game music. The best thing that GT did was allow us to put our own music in.

99% of all games i get the first thing that I do is turn off the music.

As much as I hate most of the soundtrack for GT5 (electro, pop, & rock), I have always loved the selection they have for classical & jazz. Switching to my custom bgm, I decided to throw some classical on there too. So calming while messing with tunes and going through my photos.

Only improvements I'd like to see are:

- The ability to assign your MP3s to certain menus. Like putting one for the Dealership, one for the Tuning Garage, one for the Pre-race menu (no more of that PNAU song please :lol:) and one for the GT Auto.

- Easier navigation for choosing your own music.

That's about it for me. I've been going back and forth with a lot of playlists, ranging from Various music featured in Adult Swim's Bumps (mostly the Jazzy ones) to old GT Menu music.

NAS support

Thanks.

Also, I rather enjoy the jazz and Daiki Kasho, some of the electro is a bit "Meh" I'd rather have Deadmau5 raise your weapon to race along to than Calvin Harris (Deadmau5 mix)...

I turn the Bgm off while I'm racing but its on in the main menu. I hope they keep that jazz music for the main menu. I enjoy that music while I'm looking for a car or something. It's something they have had on gran turismo since gt3 I think and I won't it to stay on the game.

Is there a way if transferring music over to the PS3 without USB cables or sticks?

I've done so via Memory Sticks, SD card and even with a Thumb drive.

Of course if you want a way to do it without those, there is syncing up your computer and PS3 on the same network, accessing your music folder and copying it to the PS3 (something I also have done).

Of course if you want a way to do it without those, there is syncing up your computer and PS3 on the same network, accessing your music folder and copying it to the PS3 (something I also have done).

I'll end up doing the last one... Or could I copy it to a PSP then to the PS3?

Using Universal Media Server (based on PS3 Media Server) will convert FLAC files into a PS3 acceptable format without destroying the quality. PMS work good, but UMS works better than PMS.

My memory CARD (got it right this time) is 64MB with most of it taken up by F1, GT-PSP and TDU...
So why not just pick up a cheap thumb drive. You can get one that is about 40-50 times that size for just a few bucks. Seems like the last one I bought was 8 gigs for about $20

So why not just pick up a cheap thumb drive. You can get one that is about 40-50 times that size for just a few bucks. Seems like the last one I bought was 8 gigs for about $20

I probably will, but yeah. Either way. I'm just happy to get it on there.

But yeah, thanks for the help guys.

Camo & Krooked's mellower songs go well with the ingame action. Such as Far Away, Climax and Funk you.

Dubstep is a big no-no. I'm sick and tired of it. Raise your weapon is only exception.

Netsky is beautiful on GT5. I also have Madeon and some trance.

GT6 must keep the Custom Soundtrack option. I don't really see much improvement over the fact that if you turn it on, you (the game) should have it on forever as long as your master (The player) wants you to use custom soundtracks. Not just in 80% of the races you participate in. Also make them work properly during online gameplay.

Oh oh, And also keep the Jazz P.D. Jazz is perfect.

Last edited:
I like the menu music in GT5 personally, it makes the game feel more unique compared to other driving games on consoles (imo). I think PD could keep using similar music for GT6 or maybe tracks similar to the previous GT games.

Right, quick question. What codec should my music be on to play all the time in the BGM?

Ferrari458Italia
First day that I got GT6 I turned off all the music. The only music I listen to is the engine sound

Can i get a copy of GT6? How did you get it so early?! The demo aint even out yet!......

You can't hate Daiki Kasho.

It's illegal. :)

QFT.

Daiki Kasho & Johathan Underdown habe to be among my favorite things about GT, honestly. Flow, 5oul on d!splay, Shadows of our Past, SURV1V3 and, THE MOST EPIC OF 'EM ALL, Day To Live.

I wouldn't change a thing to the style of the GT soundtrack. I loved the days of GT1 with Cubanate and Ash in the races and with the awesome electro tracks for the dealerships. GT2 with "Now is the time" and "I think I'm paranoid". GT3 with that awe-f:censored:ing-some remix of Lenny Kravitz and Judas Priest's "Turbo Lover". GT4 with "Car Crash" and the great music of the GT Foundation menu. GT5P and GT5 with awesome lounge tunes from Cargo, Dj Fresh, Sub-Focus, The f:censored:ing Eagles, DAIKI KASHO...geez...it's just awesome. I do turn the BGM off most of the time so I can concentrate in racing, but when I begin my GT Mode I love doing it while getting to know the music. I then download it and get it on my iPod because it's just so great!

Kaz, you have great taste in music. You might be an overly optimistic liar but you have an awesome taste in music. And in cars, except when you give us the entire history of the Skyline while ignoring the history of the M3.

First day that I got GT6 I turned off all the music. The only music I listen to is the engine sound

2sb9vdt.jpg

Back