A quick thought about GT6's music.

• Thread starter R5
  • 77 comments
They need to bring back SebastiAn from GT5: P, and also more Dakota Star! Shinichi Osawa would be awesome, too!

My only hope is that I don't hear the children singing before I race.. <.<

I will listen through all the songs in game at least a couple times, then buy the songs I enjoyed that I haven't heard before and add them to my GT Series Playlist

If GT6 is going to be a huge game with immense replayability then it needs a ton of music.

Problem with adding different styles is having lots of variety but few songs of each one.

As a personal opinion on GT6's music, what I want is the same as all other content related aspects of the game: more, lots of it.

I would never race with music on, but think that one of the few things that Shift 2 did really well was create a palpable atmosphere with their selection of music. Mostly with some of the remixes. Sure we can have our own music cued, but there is something about the vibe of a developer asserting a sound signature that partners with the rest of their presentation.

I never race with music, kinda pointless if you are racing and need to listen to the engine revs.

I think the music in GT is great and of course the selection was made for all ages not just teenagers. One of the things that I like in the game. Variety and "classy" music.

Daft Punk would probably work well in GT6, but the last thing I need is another place to hear Daft Punk. Get Lucky is so incredibly overplayed at this point that I am kind of avoiding listening to Random Access Memories over and over again, like I do with most new albums. I don't want to kill it for myself.

On a side note, before RAM dropped I had literally no idea so many people were crazy about Daft Punk. Within electronica sure, but mainstream recognition at this level? They've absolutely blown up.

I think that's mostly because they've heard Get Lucky... I personally found my love for them through Interstrella 5555, I do agree. But yeah, the calmed stuff will fit well.

Back