A.R.S. Group Page

• Thread starter Bowtie52
  • 1,193 comments

For the IROC Season 4 witch time slot works better for you?

• Saturday at 8 pm CST

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Sunday at 8 pm CST

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey guys a quick update. GT BoP is done for Le Mans and Prototype is nearing completion. I am planning to be on this evening hopefully finishing up testing. I am also hopeful of making the post tomorrow and opening up sign ups. Cannot wait to race at Le Mans.

GTs or Prototypes? hmmm

ars-logo2-jpg.517014

ARS AMERICAN RACING SERIES
~PRESENTS~

Inaugural 2.4Hours @ Le Mans
RACE:

Saturday July 1st 9pm EST / 6pm PST

QUALIFYING SESSION:

Qualifying open all week in the American Racing Series club on the community page.

Please come join us on for our inaugural 2.4 hours @ Le Mans being held at Circuit de le Sarthe 2013. Once again this will be a friends and family event. If you know any clean drivers that would be a good fit for this event please invite them. We have had some fantastic one off races this year and are looking to repeat that success. Don't forget this event is for fun and not a part of a championship. So, pick a car and get some practice in and we'll see you soon!

Cars (only two selections per car):

Specs.PNG

Race settings:

• Race Length: 38 laps (2.4 Hours) + 1 Pace Lap
  • 8 Drivers per class (16 total)
  • Vehicle tuning: ALLOWED
  • Tire choice: OPEN (Must change compounds at least once during race)
  • Tire Wear/Fuel consumption: Normal
  • Damage: HEAVY
  • Tire Type Change: ON
  • No weather
  • Time: 1:00 pm
  • Time Progression: 10
Other settings:
  • Slipstream: REAL
  • Grip Reduction: REAL
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Nitrous: Off
  • Boost: Off
  • Penalty: Off
Driver Aids:
  • Traction Control: ON
  • ABS: ON
  • Skid Force Recovery: Off
  • Active Steering: Off
  • ASM: Off
  • Driving Line: Off
Qualifying:

Qualifying for this event will take place all week in the community section on GT6. Go to the American Racing Series club and sign up for the qualifying event. https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1059310/ You must qualify to participate in this event. There will be a few exceptions based on experience with our group. Please use racing soft tires for qualifying. In the event of too many drivers for any one class, we will make make adjustments and ask everyone to be flexible. If you opt to change classes on race day you will start from the rear of that class. Each driver is allowed 2 attempts for qualifying. The sessions will be 15 minutes long.

Pace Lap:

At race start there will be a pace lap, please give plenty of room to the drivers around you. Do not crowd or tailgate. This is for respect for other drivers and for lag. With heavy damage turned on lag can potentially cause serious problems on a pace lap so please leave room. The field for both classes will begin to group up for race start after the bus stop chicane. Once again, leave room for your competitors and do not bunch up too tight or cause the accordion effect.

The driver with pole position, in each class, may begin accelerating to start the race anywhere between the exit of the last chicane and the start/finish line

Pace Lap Speed:
  • 100 mph / 120 kph
  • Before the pit entry slow to 50 mph / 80 kph
  • Gap of approx. 30 seconds between classes.
Race:
  • Everyone please be patient with everyone.
  • Opening lap, be patient going into turn one. I really do not want people quitting after one lap because of damage. Take it easy this thing will not be won on the opening lap but it could be lost.
  • Be patient with lapped traffic, if possible flash your headlights when approaching lapped traffic
  • Lapped cars and GT class, be aware that faster cars are coming through. If you can make room to let them by, make it obvious. Otherwise hold the racing line and faster traffic will work around you.
  • The chat box is not to be used to criticize or berate anyone. It is a distraction to all the other drivers and only to be used for minimal communication
  • Standard race etiquette will be expected from all drivers
  • If you caused an accident, allow the car/s to rejoin ahead of you
  • All cars involved in an incident must rejoin the track safely and only when clear
  • Heavily damaged vehicles must do their best to stay off the racing line and avoid further contact
  • Lapped cars cannot interfere or compete with lead lap cars.
  • Keep at least 2 tires inside the white lines at all times, the white lines not the curbs.

If you are still interested after all that, post your PSN name and car choice below. If your car is paintable please specify color. No chrome please.

Registration
  • GTPlanet Name:
  • PSN:
  • Car:
  • Car Color:
  • Car Number:
Entries:

LMP
  1. GTP_Bambi / Audi R18 TDI / Silver/Black/Red / #2
  2. jam_my21 / Nissan GT-R LM Nismo / Red / #23
  3. GTP_Cimarron / Peugeot 908 HDI FAP / Red / #51
  4. dylanlikes88 / Mazda LM55 / TBD / #55
  5. SinysterPlague / Audi R18 TDI / Silver/Black/Red / #2
  6. Whitey093 / Bentley Speed 8 / British Racing Green / #7
GT
  1. The_Noir_Antares / Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 / Gunmetal / #26
  2. StormPacer17 / Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 / Gunmetal / #17
  3. CAB114 / Audi R8 LMS ultra / Blue/Yellow / #3
  4. nascarfan1400 / Audi R8 LMS ultra / Blue/Yellow / #3
  5. aceboy127 / Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 LM / Yellow / #63
  6. AngryEater / Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 LM / Yellow / #64
  7. MrRacingline / Lexus IS F Touring Car / Matte White / #71

Last edited:
Sorry for the late notice everyone, here we go though. Please sign up and start preparing. I am planning to get qualifying setup to open at midnight eastern time.

As much I'd love to race, I won't be able to make it. My cousin is getting married this weekend and I'll be out of town in Minnesota. :(

GTPlanet Name: Whitetail
PSN: GTP_Bambi
Car: Audi R18 TDI
Car Color: Silver/Black/Red
Car Number: 2

I would not be opposed to pushing the race back another week so @Dylan can attend. He missed out on the Daytona race and I'd hate for him to miss out again. Is there a possibility for weather over the course of the race? If so, how would the tire rules be affected?

@nascarfan1400, @GTRacer22, @PinkKitty13, details above (or click here if you're lazy).

I'd definitely be interested. If it's this weekend, we'll see because I'm going to be out of state the whole day. I'm not sure when I'll get back. I won't able to attend if it is on the first weekend of July as I'll be in Watkins Glen for the IMSA race.

Is there a possibility for weather over the course of the race? If so, how would the tire rules be affected?

I truly hope it will be dry all the way , I just cant drive when its getting to wet , AT ALL , I gave up on learning it , as I allready have put way to much time into trying to learn it , so iff anyone should want me to not race in a race you just add weather :nervous::scared::rolleyes:

GTPlanet Name: Whitetail

. Is there a possibility for weather over the course of the race? If so, how would the tire rules be affected?

I truly hope it will be dry all the way , I just cant drive when its getting to wet , AT ALL , I gave up on learning it , as I allready have put way to much time into trying to learn it , so iff anyone should want me to not race in a race you just add weather :nervous::scared::rolleyes:

Coming online to practice if anyone wants to join. Also, what's the general consensus for the date.
6/24 yes
7/1 yes

7/1 sounds like a good date since we look like we'll have more people around for that.

GTPlanet Name: Antares26
PSN: The_Noir_Antares
Car: Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
Car Color: Gunmetal
Car Number: 26

@Storm_SP17 wanna run a second CWM car with me here?

Last edited:
This will be at roughly close to midnight on Sunday in the UK right? I can get behind this.

GTPlanet Name: Storm_SP17
PSN: StormPacer17
Car: Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
Car Color: Gunmetal
Car Number: 17

I'd want to run a different car but then again, I have an SLS already fixed up with a tune so will likely rejig the specs on that one. Rims can't be painted, though... shame.

Date Availability Survey for the Le Mans 2.4 Hour
Please everyone who is interested, fill this out ASAP. If we are having it this weekend I would like to get qualifying started tonight if possible.

Thanks @aceboy127 - I'll be back what car I'll take.
All cars still available for the LMP class.
Edit; How's in game time ja time progression? Is it full 24h circle?
Yeah we should be able to manage it at Le Mans. We have done 2 2.4 hr races at Daytona before with full 24 hour cycle, so I don't see why we wouldn't be able to do it here.

I'll be testing all the LMPs. Is oil change/engine rebuild mandatory?

Full 24h would be nice.

Anything about track limits?

Back