A.R.S. Group Page

• Thread starter Bowtie52
  • 1,193 comments

For the IROC Season 4 witch time slot works better for you?

• Saturday at 8 pm CST

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Sunday at 8 pm CST

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Having a fuel strat isn't just fuel, its minimising time spent in pits and optimising what pace you can get out of the car by running as light as you can for the compounds you're on.

That's how I've always seen it. Keeping it on the black stuff is most important of course, but squeezing out performance makes a big difference.

You are absolutely right, but no one can predict what the future will bring, so I see it as a bit of wasted time, although I know that I should do as you say, but my laziness always overcomes me and then I just improvise and rely on just keeping the car on the grey stuff will be enough , as most people makes huge timeconsuming mistakes at a point or at least they did in the past , I should prepare better because most people I race now a days , dont make those mistakes , but that laziness gets the better off me every time , so iam kinda ****ed so to speak :rolleyes:

I should prepare better because most people I race now a days , dont make those mistakes
The joys of finding super fast and consistent racers...

Used to be a time where I'd lose races simply because I'd spin out every 20 mins and run sloppy laps, while a guy who is 8 tenths off my PB swings past making 0 mistakes for 2 hours running laps within half a second of his own PB all race.

The joys of finding super fast and consistent racers...

Used to be a time where I'd lose races simply because I'd spin out every 20 mins and run sloppy laps, while a guy who is 8 tenths off my PB swings past making 0 mistakes for 2 hours running laps within half a second of his own PB all race.

Back in my GTP Karting series days , the commentators for some reason started calling me mr consistansy after only 1 race , its still a wonder to me why they came to that conclusion so quick , but none the less it was a great joy listening to the commentators all in all , they made it so great watching the replays off the races :) you can search on youtube iff you want to see / hear it , search for - GTP karting series round 8 - for example , the best final and in the final race off the series

I am planning on getting on sometime this evening to get some practice in. Would be great to have some company, so I could practice in traffic and watching for prototypes.

I actually have to do something in the afternoon, right after the scheduled race finish, so depending on when the race actually gets going, I might not race.

Yeah, this is kinda no bueno as far as first impressions go...

Really need to make sure running this late doesn't become a habit. You don't want your participants thinking you don't care enough about the vast difference in timezones to make the effort to start on time or give a MUCH more substantial notice of lateness.

I tried all that. Still same message. Have fun everyone. Looks like i had an engine failure in the paddock and wont make the grid.

Edit, one last try and i made it in. For now....

Big congratulations @nascarfan1400 and @Whitetail for the class wins. 2nd place in my first race for ARS trying an audacious strategy almost came good!

As much as I can rue over mistakes, the eventual winner had just as many so can't say if the result would have changed at all. Although, how close it could have been by comparison is a definite debate.

Big congratulations @nascarfan1400 and @Whitetail for the class wins. 2nd place in my first race for ARS trying an audacious strategy almost came good!

As much as I can rue over mistakes, the eventual winner had just as many so can't say if the result would have changed at all. Although, how close it could have been by comparison is a definite debate.
Class act from you all race. Plenty of respect there, had an absolute blast!

That was fun race - enjoyed much :cool:
It's been while since run this long race.

At the start of the race I was little worried my pitstop strategy because Nissan eats front tires a lot. I did some strategy talk with @Storm_SP17 how to plan my stints (fuel/tires) - thanks again!

Race started good. I was following @Whitetail (Bambi) and watching were I was stronger and where I was weaker.
I was little surprised when I saw Bambi taking early pitstop at the end of 6th lap. I started to believe that I had chance with my pitstrategy as I thought Audi's would make only 2 stops againts my 3 stops.
I got about 30s lead at that point and Bambi was catching up me every lap as my RM's started to lose grip.

Pitstop me at the end of 13th lap. I mess up little my fuel calculation as I took only 45l when I should have take 55l. That means my strategy have to change as I still tried to stick to it (saving fuel/short shifting) - for 9 laps but at the end of stint noticed I have fuel only for 8 laps.
Bambi had 16s lead after pitstop and now I was catching up him.

Then Bambi pitted at 17th lap and I was lead again with comfortable 32s-34s.
Now comes lap 21st and I had to pitstop as I hadn't fuel for one more lap and I was calculation how much fuel I have to take now and not make mistake with that again.
At the Indianapolis @AngryEater was suddenly front of me. He was left side of the track and I was planning to pass him from right side (inside line) and flashing my headlights that he would noticed me and stay left side. Right before corner he move right and front of me on right side of track. I hadn't time to change my line and to void crash back of Angry I just have to go to grass (inside corner) and streight to sand and wall. Got bad damaged.
That incident was all my own fault as I should have been more carefull with that pass. So no hard feeling Angry.

Luckily incident was on lap that I was plannig to stop anyway but I lost my lead and maybe the win - or it would have been very close.
Rest of the race was just trying to catch Bambi but he was too quick and didn't make any big mistakes.

Congrats to Bambi and @nascarfan1400 for class wins :cheers:

Hopefully I could join with you at the Spa 2.4h race too.

Edit: Thanks @aceboy127 & co for organize this event. BoP for LMPs was at least between Nissan and Audi spot on!

Edit2: I used RMs on 1st stint and rest of the stints were with RSs.

Last edited:
Great job @Whitetail and @nascarfan1400 ! Thats is such a tough race. I apologize for leaving early but i was only going to be able to finish if we started at 8 and with the delays i knew going in finishing was unlikely but wanted to go make as many laps as i could at least.

I was off pace all week and generally struggle with the prototypes anyways but wanted to challenge myself and help out the prototype grid which was smaller. For some reason i made some big last minute adjustments right before the race with hopes of finiding the pace that elduded me but i made my car worse and ended up fighting an unhappy car all race.

It was funny to hear "whitey's in the pits again" each lap as i continued to have issues staying on track and kept racking up damage and limping back to the pits. I am glad i was at least all alone and not affecting anyone else's race. That was about as horrible as one could possibly drive. Still had fun and will try to make the next one. This time hopefully with more practice and the ability to race later into the night.

I may have already said that if anyone ever wants me to have a look into their car prior to an event just throw me a PM. This goes for race strats and whatnot too, as I enjoy this kind of aspect to races a lot.

Please make sure if anyone has any race incidents for review to send myself or Nas a PM or both. Once again great race everyone and great wins Bambi and Nas.

LMP 1st Place.png LMP 2nd Place.png LMP 3rd Place.png
GT 1st Place.png GT 2nd Place.png GT 3rd Place.png
Thanks to the anonymous user who made these and congrats to our podium finishers in Prototype @Whitetail, @jammy21, and @Sinyster and in GT @nascarfan1400, @Storm_SP17, and @Antares26. Thanks again all for coming and we hope to see you at the next one.

Had a look at the incident with @AngryEater and @jammy21...

Jammy flashed, Eater responded with time to spare, jammy didn't compromise based on Eater's decision. Eater was already in the braking zone, jammy was still 150+meters away.

I know jammy has owned up to it being his own fault, but I don't agree with the part about Eater "suddenly" being ahead and "not having enough time" to change lines.

Last edited:
Had a look at the incident with @AngryEater and @jammy21...

Jammy flashed, Eater responded with time to spare, jammy didn't compromise based on Eater's decision. Eater was already in the braking zone, jammy was still 150+meters away.

I know jammy has owned up to it being his own fault, but I don't agree with the part about Eater "suddenly" being ahead and "not having enough time" to change lines.
I didn't receive any incident reports, so I figured it was done and dusted. I plan to take a more in depth look at a later date, but since no one expressed any issue I didn't worry about looking too much into it.

Back