A.R.S. GT Series Season 1 | Congrats to our champions, Nascarfan and Ph1sherFinished 

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 460 comments
I was in there. Expecting that. Sadly it was not easy.
the way I found it I clicked on the link in the OP. signed in to PSN and went to new clubs and it was the first one. American Racing Series. Now it is the second one from the top in new clubs.

the way I found it I clicked on the link in the OP. signed in to PSN and went to new clubs and it was the first one. American Racing Series. Now it is the second one from the top in new clubs.
I'll give it another look. Maybe I missed something. I wasn't paying a lot of attention to it all. Had a couple things on the go at the time.

I just lost interest and motivation for tuning/practising/racing for last round, sorry!
It was fun until last weekend.

See you all maybe in GTS/PCARS2.

I'm out once again, got an anniversary to attend. Was coming to terms with the Lancer, but it wasn't meant to be.

also...

holy @aceboy127 please bring back Indy Lights for next season, I've never asked you anything (I know it's a lie but forgive me and bring me the joy of the X14 Junyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer) k thx bye

Just to show what we are up against at this local dirt track. Im attaching pictures of our pit and our competitions pit. The money they have invested in these haulers and race operations is insane. They have more money in their shocks than my brother has invested total. These guys are just bananas.

20170616_175414.jpg
20170819_184644.jpg
20170819_184721.jpg

YES!! YES YES YES! What an awesome season! Lancer driver champion, and single handedly winning Teams cup for Angel. Doesn't get cooler than that.

Not to mention all i learned in GT series. Such a cool experience. :D

:cheers: To Black Rose!

YES!! YES YES YES! What an awesome season! Lancer driver champion, and single handedly winning Teams cup for Angel. Doesn't get cooler than that.

Not to mention all i learned in GT series. Such a cool experience. :D

:cheers: To Black Rose!

This A.R.S series was a lot of fun. And I believe going forward into GT sport. It could prove to be a great league/series. It was unfortunate so many good racers dropped out early in both the lancer cup and the main event. I know I would have rather finished the season with everyone who signed up racing until the end.
Even if I finished mid pack or lower. The more competition the better as it validates a title championship/win. imo, racing with 5 or 6 racers who all have the ability to win the title is more exciting then. Racing 1 or 2 FTW.
I think its important to note that it shouldn't always be about the championship but the fun of each and every race. Even if you can't win, you can have epic battles in every race. For us onliners, that's what it should be all about. Were not getting paid to compete / battle FTW's. So logically we race for the thrill of it. no?

I think the formula is solid Hopefully A.R.S. can secure interest from racers who are competitive, fast AND committed to seeing the races through to completion. I give full points and respect to everyone that raced from the beginning to the end! it shows class and integrity which are crucial in any sport.

Imagine what professional sports would be like if teams quit when they could no longer win the championship. it would be underwhelming to say the least. It takes away from the thrill of victory. I think everyone would agree a full grid on final race would be a lot more exciting then less then half that. With the winners already determined due to lack of commitment/turnout.

What ever the reasons people had for not finishing. When you sign up for something you should try your best to see it through to it's conclusion. It's the right way to play to race and to finish! especially when the series is as good as A.R.S.

my 2 cents

I didn't want to bring my PS3 with me to college. And not everyone can make every race. Things come up. Work, family, friends. I'd much rather be out with friends than at home on a game system every Saturday honestly. And some of the egos in here were :eek:

This isn't real racing and there's no prizes so for many people it'll take a backseat to other priorities.

I didn't want to bring my PS3 with me to college. And not everyone can make every race. Things come up. Work, family, friends. I'd much rather be out with friends than at home on a game system every Saturday honestly. And some of the egos in here were :eek:

This isn't real racing and there's no prizes so for many people it'll take a backseat to other priorities.

You'd much rather do other things?!? Lol.

Then why even bother to sign up in the first place. W/e look, Those are great excus...er reasons to flake off in the middle of a series. Some people however really like racing. They like spending Saturday night racing. And yet still find time for work, family, friends. Maybe this just isn't your thing. But way to insult the entire racing genra as a whole.

Next time, leave the spot open for those that Like to race FTW or just for the fun of it.

Egos.... are apart of all competition. Its the way it is. Personally I thought ego mania was pretty well managed in this series. No one went to far with that aspect imo. Well for the most part.

And some of the egos in here were :eek:
I'd like to hear more on your perspective here, I thought everyone was pretty well managed.

In my opinion, this is real racing. It may not be "in real life" with real cars, but by definition sitting down for these events is just as much racing as the real world. We may not do it for the money but we do it for other reasons, be it ego, self-satisfaction, or sometimes just a distraction from real life. This may not apply for everyone but most of the people I've seen take it somewhat seriously (like it's a REAL race or something) so I can understand why having people drop out without probable and defined cause is frustrating.

All of that aside congratulations to @Ph1sher, @nascarfan1400, TnP Racing and Black Rose Racing for winning your respective championships. Being involved in the broadcasting was a lot of fun as well as taking over the #39 Corvette for two rounds. I believe my time on this platform is drawing to a close but I can not wait to see what the next iteration of Gran Turismo and other PS4 racers bring.

Last edited:
Even on virtual racing term, I'm just an amateur, my skills aren't as developed as some of my rivals are, and I just wanted to see how far I've improved from my early days where I was a literal danger on track, and to find some more places to improve. I just love racing so much.

ARS GT, to me, was a feeder series to DRRGTC, which is what I consider my main series. It was simply something to do in the weeks between the races, but at the same time, the level of competiton was unexpectedly high that I just couldn't afford to play around. Missed opportunities here and there, yes, but that's racing. Definitely came out of here content with what I got.

You'd much rather do other things?!? Lol.

Then why even bother to sign up in the first place. W/e look, Those are great excus...er reasons to flake off in the middle of a series. Some people however really like racing. They like spending Saturday night racing. And yet still find time for work, family, friends. Maybe this just isn't your thing. But way to insult the entire racing genra as a whole.

Next time, leave the spot open for those that Like to race FTW or just for the fun of it.

Egos.... are apart of all competition. Its the way it is. Personally I thought ego mania was pretty well managed in this series. No one went to far with that aspect imo. Well for the most part.
Um I signed up because it looked fun and it was? But it's a video game and I play it to have fun and not for money so it's going to take a back seat to other priorities. So you're saying that because I didn't want to bring a game consol with me to put in a room that I share with 3 other people with the possibility of someone stealing it or me not having enough time to play it is an excuse to quit in the middle of a series? No, I'd say that's a pretty good reason and with everything I'm involved in I don't have time anyways.

And you're actually insulting me that I'd rather be outside having a life than playing a game?? That's the most hilarious part about it. Outside of GT Academy where does this game get you? Nowhere. Get a job, get some friends, make some contacts that can benefit you down the road, join some clubs that benefit the community or your profession. Maybe life just isn't your thing.

In terms of seriousness, I did take the races seriously. Go watch the replay of the first Lancer race at Spa and you'll see that. You can still have fun and try your hardest.

First off, I gotta thank @aceboy127 for all the hard work he put into this series to make it happen! Despite the car count dropping as the season winded down, the series remained in great shape with lots of fun each Saturday night! I am looking forward to seeing whats in store for ARS in the remainder of GT6 life along with GT Sport / PCars 2 days.

I also need to thank @Whitetail for covering the #39 Vette in the 2 races where I was out of town. It kept the Team Championship alive for TnP Racing. 👍

The Lancer series was an Off series to the GT which ended up being quite some fun especially at spa when I came back from 11th or 12th? up to 4th and nearly got 3rd but I enjoyed the cars. Congrats to @nascarfan1400 on your championship buddy! 👍

Lastly, I need to thank My Team mate @lllTrick You proved a lot in this series as I could tell you became a faster driver at the very end! We brought home a team championship for TnP Racing! Working with you on each track each week was always a lot of fun! Red Coats were looking Sexy this season :sly:

I've made my transition over to the PS4 on A.C which I'm enjoying a lot! But I heard ARS is set to return Indy Lights along with Mazda Roadsters, So we will see what that brings 👍

Just a reminder, this whole thing started because of your ignorant unnecessary comments. You have YOU to thank for my up front and "direct" statement with regards to your post comments.

Um I signed up because it looked fun and it was? But it's a video game and I play it to have fun and not for money so it's going to take a back seat to other priorities.

lol, we all play for the same reasons and under the same circumstances. Along with your initial post insulting everyone involved in racing online like a 10 year old who couldn't win. Your comment is also NOT needed.

So you're saying that because I didn't want to bring a game consol with me to put in a room that I share with 3 other people with the possibility of someone stealing it or me not having enough time to play it is an excuse to quit in the middle of a series?

Why would you sign up in the first place? I think I mentioned that this might not be your thing. Thank god your in school, learning...something right? I mean your sharing a room with 3 other people lets hope its because of said comments. personally I believe your excuses and insults were a by product of you not performing well or maybe not being able to perform at a higher level. I mean hey, if you suck at it then it must be stupid and a waste of time. Besides, your bigger and better then everyone else who's wasting their lives on a video game. So there! right?

And you're actually insulting me that I'd rather be outside having a life than playing a game?? That's the most hilarious part about it.

No, I was insulting your inability to play a game well, and then your subsequent attack on the game itself because of this fact! Your comments, which btw started this whole thing burning. You are the reason things are being said at all right now. perhaps not talking or saying anything in the future is a good direction for you to take when all you can comment on are excuses and insults.

Outside of GT Academy where does this game get you? Nowhere. Get a job, get some friends, make some contacts that can benefit you down the road, join some clubs that benefit the community or your profession. Maybe life just isn't your thing.

Are you saying this to me? really? I'm pretty certain you would have to be talking out your A** with regards to anything about me. Your an incredibly ignorant individual. Who else would throw out insults and blanket statements like the above mentioned. Then try to offer pieces of wisdom when he hasn't even finished school! And even then it would still be incredible arrogant and self righteous of you to propagate life lessons/advice to someone you know nothing about.
You giving me advice on life would be like me trying to tell sebastian vettel what he needs to do to win and get batter at F1 racing. Please, for your sake and anyone else foolish enough to read this garbage, just stop talking, writing....thinking.

You shouldn't post if you can't handle the rebuttals. Especially when it's insults to justify your defeciencies in the game your posting on. No one needs to hear you insult racing and how stupid it is and how YOU are somehow better then everyone involved. I hope for your sake your in school for psychology. good idea to get on that early.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back