A.R.S. GT Series Season 1 | Congrats to our champions, Nascarfan and Ph1sherFinished 

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 460 comments
Good luck tonight everyone. Hope you all have a great race. I will see you all next week. Qualifying results are posted too.

I made the decision to ditch Brands Hatch since it's my worst track (I can only get right 3 turns out of the 9 on the track, and normally not all of those 3 in the same lap :lol:) I'll probably be back next week if I don't go out :sly: or I get called to play soccer (I'm on such a great run playing that I just can't not go hahaha)

That was exceptional avoidance ; I clipped the lawn trying to create a passing lane for you guys. I think I was able to acquiesce most passing cars well with a couple stumbles that need further ironing.

I have to thank @Whitetail for covering me while I was gone the past 2 Saturday's with work and camping trip with the guys. He drove that #39 very Well, getting both wins for TnP Racing is huge! Again thank you Bambi for covering my spot while I missed those races.

I'm very eager to get back in the #39 Vette this Saturday at silverstone :sly:

I also plan to race the lancer cup on Saturday as well :)

See you guys this weekend at Silverstone! :cheers:

Alright everyone specs are now updated and qualifying is now open. Also a new rule starting this weekend. Once the qualifiers are closed you may no longer submit a time. This will make it much easier to prepare for the races. All times run after the event closes will be disregarded.

susgestion regarding the start procedure , instead off doing the double file , do a standing start , at least in the lancer series as it is a "short" race and then the chance off getting damage in the first corners wount be that big , its impossible for the people getting damage to take back so much time a pitstop will take and the stewards will also save time when they dont have to check everybodys pace when the start goes and I could mention other reasons to , but will leave at this :)

susgestion regarding the start procedure , instead off doing the double file , do a standing start , at least in the lancer series as it is a "short" race and then the chance off getting damage in the first corners wount be that big , its impossible for the people getting damage to take back so much time a pitstop will take and the stewards will also save time when they dont have to check everybodys pace when the start goes and I could mention other reasons to , but will leave at this :)
A standing start would actually cause more turn one incidents than rolling. Plus theres chances of collisions immediately off the grid. That said standing starts would be a step backwards

A standing start would actually cause more turn one incidents than rolling. Plus theres chances of collisions immediately off the grid. That said standing starts would be a step backwards

lets agree to disagree on that matter :) in my head your arguments dont make any sence , as a rolling start will allways put more people into turn 1 at the same time than a standing start and iam not sure I understand excactly what you mean on your second argument ? but it was just a susgestion though :)

lets agree to disagree on that matter :) in my head your arguments dont make any sence , as a rolling start will allways put more people into turn 1 at the same time than a standing start and iam not sure I understand excactly what you mean on your second argument ? but it was just a susgestion though :)

A rolling start has everyone with warm tires more control and hitting turn one at a more "practiced speed". A standing start your tires are cold and turn one is at a different speed then most are used to. Add the fact that your adrenaline gets pupmping hard off a drag race type start and you can see how quickly it becomes more risky.

A rolling start has everyone with warm tires more control and hitting turn one at a more "practiced speed". A standing start your tires are cold and turn one is at a different speed then most are used to. Add the fact that your adrenaline gets pupmping hard off a drag race type start and you can see how quickly it becomes more risky.

your tires gets cold doing the pacelap so I dont get why you think they are warmer in a rolling start , they are more warm in a standing start , turn 1 is a turn where all drivers needs to have in mind that the race isnt over after turn 1 , and iff you have a standing start there will be more room between people than there will be in a rolling start , thats just my humble opinion offcourse .....

edit. http://nasportscar.com/the-standing-start-debate/

Last edited:
F1 starts vs NASCAR starts. NASCAR usually gets thru turn one cleaner even on road courses. Plus, we havent even had turn one crashes yet this season if I remember correctly. We just had the one pacelap blunder at Brands.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to skip this weekends races as the schedule conflicts with NASCAR.

Just realized im gonna have to multitask and race while watching Bristol... Most of us remember where I finished last time that happened... ;)

I have been cleared to conduct a petition, how many of us would be okay with making the Nurburgring race a 1hr lancer race, and a 2.4 gt race? This would allow us to run the race on the 24hr layout opposed to the normal Gran Prix. Weathwr would be set to variable as well as a 24hr time cycle.

- nascarfan1400
-
-
-
-
-
-

I have been cleared to conduct a petition, how many of us would be okay with making the Nurburgring race a 1hr lancer race, and a 2.4 gt race? This would allow us to run the race on the 24hr layout opposed to the normal Gran Prix.

- nascarfan1400
- WKK3
-
-
-
-
-

Back