A.R.S. GT Series Season 1 | Congrats to our champions, Nascarfan and Ph1sherFinished 

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 460 comments
I have been cleared to conduct a petition, how many of us would be okay with making the Nurburgring race a 1hr lancer race, and a 2.4 gt race? This would allow us to run the race on the 24hr layout opposed to the normal Gran Prix. Weathwr would be set to variable as well as a 24hr time cycle.

- nascarfan1400
-
-
-
-
-
-

No

I have been cleared to conduct a petition, how many of us would be okay with making the Nurburgring race a 1hr lancer race, and a 2.4 gt race? This would allow us to run the race on the 24hr layout opposed to the normal Gran Prix. Weathwr would be set to variable as well as a 24hr time cycle.

- nascarfan1400
-
-
-
-
-
-
You know my condition for saying yes. ;)

- nascarfan1400
-
-
-
-
-
-

I vote no. Not interested in running the 24 hr course ever until grid sizes make it viable. An hour, or more even for the gt guys, potentially all by yourself is excruciating.

At the moment I don't know if I even want to put hours to practice/tuning for the race that I might not even be able to run as for network/lagging conflict with other drivers. It's not fun to wake up middle of the night (3am) and not even make it to race (as happenned tonight/morning).
I just might skip last race, sorry :(

I think the reason I'm at 583 is the weight ballast position. So 583 should be good to set it at
you are right. it is the ballast position.

- nascarfan1400
-
-
-
-
-
-
count me in

- nascarfan1400
-
-
-
-
-
-
No. I've already put time into practice for the Gp layout.

That race was literoni. From the sounds of it, I also all but locked up Lancers tonight, which is a major accomplishment, especially for Black Rose Racing, but I will in no way be slacking off. Whether it is the 24h or the GP course, gonna be pushing extra hard to make the last race a memorable one.

I don't think the 2.4 is even a consideration. I'm shocked that any of this is being listened to. As it was already planned to be the nurb GP TRACK or one of them. not the whole nurb circuit, so many issues abound with doing the full ring. I'm pretty sure you would see a lot of people drop out of the last race if you tried to push 2.4 hrs. great way to ruin the series imo.

This reminds me of a time in GT1 when they accidentally turned on weather. despite weather not being apart of the series. Then it rained and the Steward at the time who causes the mess instead of stopping the race and restarting, let it run.
( FTR he quit and ran away because he couldn't handle the pressure of running a series properly.)
Anyways, after the race some people started saying the race should count. They gave all these really irrational reasons for why they thought it should count.....I'm sorry but if it wasn't planned as a part of the series why would you then go and introduce some without any planning to deal with the massive undertaking it would need to make it work. I think in a lot of circles this type of thinking is referred to as, stupid.

In the case of the GT1 fiasco, keeping a race where it down poured making it almost impossible to drive and considering that we were only allowed to use RH and RM tires. And that non one new it was even allowed or happening was incredibly stupid. in the end it was voted out and rerun. Sanity prevailed.

I think sticking to the game plan already laid out is always a better way to go. from a BOP perspective from a series perspective and from many other perspectives i could give here but feel i have already said more then enough. Changing up like this at the last moment would be a disaster. And so far this series has been pretty well put together. And looks to end in dramatic fashion if silvertone is any indication of what to expect.

The big thing is that it never said which Nurb it was. It was only said that we would be racing at one of the layouts. This was also confirmed by ace to you last night. Idk if you didnt hear that but the fact of the matter is its his call, and we shall see what happens. 100% ready to run either layout.

My honest opinion is that while having a 2.4h Nurburgring is a good idea, it's too late with the race being under a week away to change the race duration. With that, I see no real reason to run the Nordscheliefe for an hour and a half.

Therefore, I will suggest that the final round be run for 1.5hrs on the GP/F layout and possibly plan a 2.4h "encore" if there's sufficient interest. However, it should not be the championship race.

Not that my opinion matters or anything. :P

You all gatta get your big boy pants on! Adapt and embrace change! The strong will survive! I propose changing the last race completely and making it Tank Cars at night in full rain for 5 hours with tire wear very fast. Only the strongest will survive!

I'm shocked that any of this is being listened to.

giphy.gif

We will be running Nurburgring GP/F. That is final. I know quite a few of us who have already done some preparation for the GP course, so that would be a big screw you to them, plus BoP will take way to long to get ready.

Latest Posts

Back