A.R.S. Roadster Summer Series | Jammy Wins Round 9 & Ph7sher Wins Round 10 | Jammy wins the TitleFinished 

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 162 comments
Slim chance that I might make tomorrow nights race. Slim...

Yes it is. It is fairly similar to the real Martinsville Speedway, but with longer straights. Oh and so no one gets confused he is not referring to today's race.
BW40HkPcZJlr6iVM_0.png

Where I can find it? I like to try it before deciding do I skip the race or join you.

Where I can find it? I like to try it before deciding do I skip the race or join you.
Just go to the custom courses on my profile page and you should find it there.

I tried it about 2 weeks ago. It's definitely tricky. barely anything to use for braking markers. Overshot the entry I don't even know how many times and the track chews up the right front tire. It'll definitely be an interesting race.

I'll likely need to change my body color to silver chrome due to me and Dylan have very similar greens.

Great Britain 60 Announcements.PNG

2016 Roadster Great Britain 60 Qualifying.PNG

Alright guys here we go. These are unofficial qualifying results as qualifying is not yet closed. I will go over everything again before the race. See you all in 20 minutes.

No room up yet? Am I missing something on the O.P? I thought room is usually open around 9 pm est? Or?

You're right Jammy. And I've seen this sort of thing from a few drivers. Guys, if you are a lap down or being lapped for that matter, you cannot compete with the leaders. You must make room and then let off the throttle and let them by unencumbered. I'm aware this can be difficult depending on where the leaders catch you. But please don't leave them guessing where you're going to go. Lapped drivers must be aware of their surrounding at all time. Memorizing name to car color goes a long way in being aware of who is coming up on you. If you are about to be lapped do not play games with the leader. You can defend for a couple corners but have to give way in a short and acceptable amount of time.

One comment on restarts: When restarting from the rear it is always going to be extremely difficult to tell when the leaders have gone. That is not your signal to go. Your signal to go is when the car in front of you accelerates. And with full damage on it is up to each driver to leave an acceptable amount of space between you and the driver ahead. The purpose of single file restarts is to respect the position ahead. No one should be picking up 5 spots going into turn one. The line should naturally uncoil. But obviously everyone is ready to jam the throttle and make something happen, which is where we run into problems. But also just like real racing, **** happens. Things go wrong and part of that is why we love racing we just don't want to be the ones caught up in the ****. There is only so much of this that can policed. Some of it is just considered a racing incident. Everyone please do you best and I'm sure we'll be fine moving forward. I would say this season has gone really well so far and in this race we had a couple incidents which has caused some rules to be highlighted.

Last edited:
Your signal to go is when the car in front of you accelerates. And with full damage on it is up to each driver to leave an acceptable amount of space between you and the driver ahead.
I guess there's no specific rule to this but I just want to help emphasize this. People should really give a bit more room to the guy in front, about half a car length should do just so they don't end up having to brake whenever they get too close for comfort. It's going to end up in a domino effect, and with heavy damage on, it doesn't really feel good when you get the short end of the stick.

I think restart went little badly. 1st Angry has to really hurry up to catch to group and there was that domino effect at back - I know I was last one. I think we should have done other caution lap or leadear should have waited as long as we all were pack together and then going to that caution speed last couple of corners before restart.

I think restart went little badly. 1st Angry has to really hurry up to catch to group and there was that domino effect at back - I know I was last one. I think we sould we done other caution lap or leadear should have waited as long as we all were pack together and then going to that caution speed last couple of corners.
Yeah, I felt like the restart was rushed, another caution lap with everyone in their proper places would have helped. By the time everyone was already bunched up at the top of the hill getting ready for the restart, Angry was still coming down Graham Hill.

I personally believe that if we can get to a point where the leader can better control their pace (I am guilty of this) and maybe drop the caution speed to 50 mph instead of 55 mph we could probably avoid incidents like this in the future. We have had issues with these sorts of things in the past and we have dropped the caution speed before, but we have also generally run longer road courses than we are in this series. If we would like to I can post a poll for dropping the caution speed 5 mph for the remainder of the series.

Also, due to me being disconnected in race 2 Sass will be taking care of reviewing that race. If there are any issues/concerns please send them to me via PM and I will forward them to him.

I don't think the caution speed was problem it was how to get pack together before restart. Now restart started too early before back of pack was ready and all driver their right place in single lineup.

I don't think the caution speed was problem it was how to get pack together before restart. Now restart started too early before back of pack was ready and all driver their right place in single lineup.
You don't think a slower caution speed would have solved that problem?

If we slowed the caution speed for brands hatch, I think the problem might have been avoided. I' looked back on the replay, and it really just looked like a case of someone tapped the brakes just before Ph1sher restarted, and the guy behind him hit the brakes a little harder. Angry eater had gotten into is position just before the start and Jammy and Noir were accelerating to catch up with the line. So everyone was in place. But it was only at the last second.

Another thing that probably would have fixed the problem is if we had gone one more lap under caution.

Now, for Autumn Ring, I did some laps this morning, and I would say maybe 45 to 40 Mph would be a good pace speed. Just cause of the length. That's just my opinion.

I apologize if my pace under yellow was too fast or if I should've waited a little longer for other drivers coming up. Sorry about that.

I think we can all say we learned a lot to improve the experience for every driver in future ARS events 👍

Latest Posts

Back