A.R.S. Roadster Summer Series | Jammy Wins Round 9 & Ph7sher Wins Round 10 | Jammy wins the TitleFinished 

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 162 comments
I apologize if my pace under yellow was too fast or if I should've waited a little longer for other drivers coming up. Sorry about that.
No, your pace seemed fine. (at least from where I was siting)

Hey guys this stuff tends to happen from time to time and I'm honestly surprised we don't see it more often. That being said what happened Saturday was a bit ridiculous, I will take part of the blame being the host, but I honestly thought we looked good to go on the track map, so that is my bad.

As for the damage on the restart, we have to be more careful on restarts to not cause this sorts of incidents. I actually remember a similar incident back in my Vintage Nascar Series. We were at Motegi and it was a restart (double-file btw), someone jumped the start got into someone else and got them sideways, and you can figure out what happened from there. Like Sass said though if we a tad bit more space it could go a long way.
Now, for Autumn Ring, I did some laps this morning, and I would say maybe 45 to 40 Mph would be a good pace speed. Just cause of the length. That's just my opinion.
Was considering just throwing a red flag, because people may get lapped if the pit under caution. :lol:
I apologize if my pace under yellow was too fast or if I should've waited a little longer for other drivers coming up. Sorry about that.

I think we can all say we learned a lot to improve the experience for every driver in future ARS events 👍
Ph1sher, I don't think it was an issue at all.

Now onto the fun topic. Why with all of the over aggressive driving. I am not claiming innocence here, but I know of at least one driver in particular who was very aggressive and made a lot of blocking maneuvers in both races. I am sure this driver knows who I am talking about them and I am considering a penalty for such driving. There is no need for aggressive driving here. I know the races are short and every single one of us really wants to win the race, but please guys patience really does go a long way, also keep the rules in mind. I don't like seeing someone hanging on someone else's bumper for a whole lap.
Series Rules
  • Bump drafting is permitted on all tracks within reasonable circumstances.
  • Contact/rubbing is normal and expected. Please refer to The Golden Rule. Excessive contact will be penalized.

Of course it would have help but still that wasn't the problem. Dylan explained it very well what happened at the back during the restart. I was earlier waiting Angry and when he pass me I noticed that I have to also hurryup to get back of pack.
You don't think a slower caution speed would have solved that problem?

I think a slower pace speed would have helped. Maybe as a rule of thumb, if the field is not regrouped before the final corner we'll do another pace lap. I will say it is difficult for the stewards because they are trying to run their own race and frantically trying to make sure everything is correct before going green.

I'd like to add an opinion: I realize we have a restart zone that is usually from the start of pit wall to the start/finish line. Some guys that are leading really drag out the restart all the way to the start/finish. That is definitely within the rules and their prerogative. I will say that going somewhere in the middle will spread the field more evenly and catch the field off guard. If you wait til the line, obviously everyone know when you are going to go, which kind of defeats the purpose. We've all seen how it is done in F1 or IndyCar, their rules are different but they attempt to catch the field by surprise and put the hammer down two corners before the front straight. So for our league and our rules, I would say that restarting at the line is potentially causing problems. The accordion effect gets worse and worse the closer we get to that start/finish, especially at the rear of the field.

Last edited:
Great Britain
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit.jpg

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_2.jpg

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_3.jpg

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_5.jpg

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_6.jpg

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_7.jpg

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_8.jpg

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_9.jpg

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_10.jpg

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_11.jpg

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_12.jpg

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_13.jpg

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_15.jpg

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_16.jpg

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_17.jpg

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_18.jpg

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_19.jpg

Well guys everything is updated. I have to say that 15 point lead Dylan has is pretty good. I know it is probably too early to say this, but Dylan you are well on your way to you first ARS championship.

Planning to be on this evening to get some practice and a qualifying run in. Probably be around 9:30 eastern.

I don't think I'll be able to race this Saturday due to going on a trip with my friends to a roller coaster place in Minnesota. However if we somehow get back before race time I'll be there. I don't plan on qualifying so I'll start from the rear if I show up but maybe I'll do qualy if things look any better.

Thank you

Phish

Not going to be able to attend tonight. Same with Autumn Ring.

Thanks for the great racing guys. Shame my first real run for a championship has to end like this. Hopefully, I'll get my internet issues fixed by the time the next series rolls around...

That means it's up to you @Sassafrass_3 to win the Championship for Interstellar!

Martinsville 60 Announcements.PNG

2016 Roadster Martinsville 60 Qualifying.PNG

Alright guys here we go. These are official qualifying results. I will go over everything again before the race. See you all in 15 minutes. Also, I dropped the pace speed to 50 mph/80 kph for the rest of the races.

I went ahead and posted the results, but they are unofficial as I am still reviewing some things.

Every track has something to use for brake marks - you just have to find them.

90% sure I'll be able to race this Saturday! Will do qualy as well! It'll be a good race at Autumn Ring Mini! :sly:@aceboy127
Yes, I am hoping so. Hope to see you there.
I'll also likely Live stream the race this Saturday if it's okay with you @aceboy127
Oh crap you mean we are goingout there for everyone to see? Just kill me now, lol. Just kidding, that will be fine with me. Unless some express that they do not want to be on a live stream, then I may have to say no.

Also everyone. The results are official. I went back for further review and my initial assumption appears to be wrong (at least I hope it is). Anyway Congratulations again to Noir and Sass! Lets get ready for Saturday.

Latest Posts

Back