A.R.S. Super GT Season 1 | Bambi and Trick win at Motegi | Bambi and Trick are the ChampionsFinished 

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 226 comments
@aceboy127, will @nascarfan1400 be scored separately for the teams championship? I thought the rules said we could have three drivers. I ask because it looks like you've split us up in the OP.

EDIT: I see you've not put it in the OP, but you did clarify that teams have to within the same class. Disregard my question. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

@aceboy127

I see the BRZ is a popular choice. If you'd like me to switch to the Lexus IS350 for the sake of diversity let me know and i'd be happy to make the switch and re-qualify.
It's your call. I'm not putting restrictions on the amount of selections per model. That being said, I would love to see all the different models used.
@aceboy127, will @nascarfan1400 be scored separately for the teams championship? I thought the rules said we could have three drivers. I ask because it looks like you've split us up in the OP.

EDIT: I see you've not put it in the OP, but you did clarify that teams have to within the same class. Disregard my question. Apologies for the misunderstanding.
I will update the OP as I did make a post about it on the 1st page. Thanks for pointing that out.

2017 Fuji GT.PNG

Qualifying as of 12am eastern Saturday.

I'll try the GTR but maybe a 5-10kg ballast will sort that. It's already slower in the straight line so dropping horsepower will just kill it completely.

I think there needs to be some diversity on the grid, and if a slight BoP adjustment can help that then so be it.

I'll try the GTR but maybe a 5-10kg ballast will sort that. It's already slower in the straight line so dropping horsepower will just kill it completely.

GT-R with less power than HSV dont make sense at all, Kross did 1sec faster my PB in only 3 laps with the HSV.
I didnt try yet, but i can imagine my HSV from the seasonnal event will make the job xD

GT-R with less power than HSV dont make sense at all, Kross did 1sec faster my PB in only 3 laps with the HSV.
I didnt try yet, but i can imagine my HSV from the seasonnal event will make the job xD
The HSV is a cornering car, adding weight to it will make it less potent. The GTR even with less horsepower is better on the straight line speed.

The HSV to me look pretty close to a 'cheat car'.
In any circumstance the HSV is faster in my hand, except low top speed track, like Nur 24h/Nordschleife.
I was tought to play it pretty confiant first, but back to reality, my tuning games cant counter you in HSV.
Not with this BOP.
Maybe on Oval the GT-R will be better, but this is not the best part of the series to me.

@o0Maxx0o, let me run my qualifying then I will see how far I am off in the GTR. If it boils down to a few tenths I'm going to say take the weight penalty and get on with it. And as you've said, there may be tracks that are better for the GTR as well, so there's that. Fuji isn't an absolute.

Fuji its a good indication for traction and cornering ability.
In any case, me and Kross join you in HSV, this just gonna be more interesting and closer for the win.

Like i said, just on the seasonnal event, at 600pp, i'm not far of 1.4 sec faster with HSV than GT-R, the HSV to me its a cheat car and i cant believe how this car can be stable everywhere, when the GT-R have lack of traction and front slippery.

I run both of cars in different series, with tuning on the edge the HSV is not possible to win againts with the GT-R.

If we can fix something else for BoP quickly this can be possible for us ( in my opinion only ) to stay in GT-R, but not sure 5 or 10kg will make the job at the end, sometime I can put 5kg or ++ and move it to the rear and improve my pace, never try with HSV.

@o0Maxx0o, I've done 5 laps in the GTR and I've run a 1'34.772. My best lap in Q1 for the Honda was a 1'34.359, yielding a 0.413sec difference between the cars. Also note that I have a modified version of your tune on the HSV, while the GTR is all me, and there's time in it.

Whilst I believe the Honda has a slight advantage I do not take it to be as severe as you are making it out to be. The seasonal event does not feature a BoP outside of a PP limit, and the Honda is definitely better for that. This is not the seasonal however and there are things that can be done to make things fair.

If we lower the horsepower of the HSV by 1, to 485, add 10kgs of ballast, a PP limit of 569 will prevent us from moving the ballast position slider beyond 19%, eliminating the practice of throwing all of the weight in the back. I hope this can suffice and we can see a diverse grid this evening.

If you guys can propose a fair change to the BoP for Fuji I will allow it. I will not have time today to test it. I will review it after Fuji at the remaining tracks.

@aceboy127, although I am becoming less convinced that the Honda is not fair as-is I propose that I wrote above.

569pp
485hp
1110kg

Waiting for White Knight Racing's reply.

To me this look like an advantage with my tuner eye
add 10kgs of ballast, a PP limit of 569 will prevent us from moving the ballast position slider beyond 19%, eliminating the practice of throwing all of the weight in the back.
This.

Besides, I did 5 laps in the Nissan (on my own tune) and got quite close to my qualifying lap in the Honda. Is it really that bad?

I know the GTR by heart, not possible to compare, maybe the factor of DS3 make this similar, but with my wheel, this is two car completely not in the same categories.
I love the challenge Bambi, but this one look like too hard xD

@o0Maxx0o if anything the Honda is more potent on a controller, being a car that is good through the corners. Controllers really struggle in high speeds so theoretically my times are already biased towards the GTR.

Back