A.R.S. Super GT Season 1 | Bambi and Trick win at Motegi | Bambi and Trick are the ChampionsFinished 

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 226 comments
Just my two cents: The race as a whole was really fun and competitive, and the issue with caution was just a little hiccup. No series is perfect, nor is their rule book, not even in real life. It happens, and hopefully we can all work to a solution that makes for the best racing. I'm not mad about what happened last night at all, in fact, the only reason I said something myself was because it would have just been better for everyone to run one extra lap. The yellow came at a bad time and in a bad place, but we all should (and most likely will) work to have a procedure in place should that happen once again.

Regardless, had a lot of fun, and it was a hell of a good race on the GT300 side of things. Can't wait for next week. :cheers:

If you don't like it, bye. If you're not happy, leave. Come prepared, deal with it or leave. Those are the words that i said. Condescending? A little. But I did not say shut up or leave. I was being honest and up front. I didn't call anybody names nor was i mean. I thought i explained my position pretty clearly. Now your telling me that we don't have a league without "us dudes" and I don't think anyone enjoyed our caution rule. This league isn't going to change is what I'm telling you. If you don't like the caution rule or you don't trust that we will make it as good as we can, leave. If you don't like restarts, leave. In regards to, 4 GT500 participants and a small handful of gt300 racers, I thought those were great numbers for a dead game. Small handful? 8 drivers is a small handful? I like those numbers myself.

But if you don't like the rules or just haven't read the rules, i really don't think we have time for you. We really want drivers and are super happy that we got so many signups but we don't need you to have a good time. We're just here to have fun, not have our organization criticized after a single event.

Did you all know we are running Tokyo this week?
tenor.gif

Also thank you for taking the time tonight to have a conversation with @Ph1sher and I. Very much appreciated and I hope we can iron out all of this drama and get on with it.

Confusion and chapped feelings aside how's about everyone take a deep breath, study the OP, practice Tokyo, and show everyone our respective racecraft potential this Saturday?
BTW thanks for the great battle early on CBC.

Here's a quick write up from me on this situation. Along with some other updates.

I have no words for what I just witnessed. I have forgotten about how much a difference of opinion can bring out the worst in people. I had hoped the conversation in the lobby would have been it and revisions would have been made and everyone would have gone on all well and good. That did not happen and I am not happy about what happened in this thread. God knows what happening in the PMs over the past day or so.

I’m not doing this to call anyone out because you know who you are, but I have one thing to say. This is my series and nothing happens here without my OK on it. At this point we all know good and well that our caution procedure has flaws with multi-class racing, I am working to remedy that now. I should have an updated procedure in the works for Tokyo. Cautions will not be going away and that is final, but we will work to improve the procedure in any and every way we can.

I do appreciate all the feedback on what I can do to improve the experience for everyone involved. The last thing I want to do is to have some crapshoot race that everyone hates and doesn’t show up the next week because of it. It is obviously any host’s goal to have a successful series that everyone loves, sometimes it works out sometimes it does not.

I am seriously ready to move on from this and get back to finishing up round 1 and prepping for round 2. In case anyone is wondering we will be running the forwards version of Tokyo. I will try and get the results and standings posted up ASAP.

I have done some BoP work last night and discovered the IS350 and RX7 were both about 1 second quicker than the BRZ at Fuji, expect a performance increase for Tokyo. You guys were right about the BoP being off, my apologies, I will attempt to remedy it for Tokyo. I also plan to do another test for the GT500s.

I'm sure we are all aware that this thread has been quite volatile the past few days, and I am saddened by the showcase of closed-mindedness and lack of respect for other's viewpoints. I guess I've learned a lot about the way some people here are. Nevertheless, I will chime in with my perspective because I believe that is the best way to drive the series in a better direction. Not some half-baked narrative about the "ways" or how some people's opinions do not matter. The more ideas and ideologies we have on the table the better-off things will be in the end.

Outside of my previous post regarding the conclusion of the race for cars that are laps down, I would like to continue my thoughts on the matter of Safety Cars, Cautions, whatever you would like to call them.

Periods of race neutralization are a thing in the real world just like they are here, and I believe ARS has implemented these procedures to keep races close and increase the immersion factor for the drivers involved. However, the reasons caution flags are called in the real motorsport world do have some impracticalities with how they are handled in this series and others.

In oval races, cautions are a lot more common, and I believe this to be a general principle of that discipline of racing, and the safety behind it. In road racing, however, these are a lot less common, only being deployed for massive accidents and peculiar situations which severely jeopardize the safety of the drivers and corner workers. Two cars spin one another all of the time and they just keep going. It should also be noted and reminded to everyone that this is a game in the end, and no lives are in any real danger. However these practices will still raise the immersion for those involved.

I believe that cautions in simulated races should have different grounds for road and oval racing, and different procedures for single-class and multi-class events. There are many different ways of racing in the world and treating them all with the same NASCAR-based procedure simply is not optimal, as was showcased the other evening.

**OPINION ALERT** My proposed caution procedure (basic):
Road races: 4 or more cars must make contact in a crash resulting from contact; or adverse racing (weather) conditions in general, with or without an accident.
Oval races: 2 or more cars must make contact in a crash resulting from contact; or adverse racing conditions (weather) in general, with or without an accident.

Single class: At the moment of caution the leader slows down and the field groups up behind for pit stops. At the time of pits the "lucky dog" will take their wave around and pits per current ARS procedure. I know some additional rules which can make this less prone to loopholes and make the procedure more realistic cut I can save that for later if any actual ARS officials are interested. Once the pits are completed, any lapped cars who stayed out and are in front of the leader can go around without overtaking and tack on to the back for the restart.
Multi class: Slightly more complicated to learn, but just as easy once down. Once the caution is thrown the overall race leader (most likely the faster class leader) will slow down and all cars will group up behind. After grouping up, all cars trapped between their class leader and the overall race leader (between them in the queue) are to take a wave-by at a specified time (called by actual ARS officials in chat and mic) and catch the back of the line without passing amongst themselves. After this is completed, the pits can be opened for everyone and the race can be restarted after any additional non-pit wave-bys are completed, with the classes separated at the restart by speed. No "lucky dog" will be in play.

NOTE: These are just quick descriptions. If requested by an actual ARS official I can explain further and go through all of the nitty gritty in more detail.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I apologize the BoP is not ready to be posted yet. Everything else is up to date, including the results from Saturday. No penalties are going to be issued, but I will mention I did notice some aggressive driving from a select few drivers. This is a general warning put out for all drivers. I do not want to see overly aggressive driving again, next time I do there will be penalties applied. A couple of you should consider yourself lucky, I was very close to issuing out penalties. Thanks again for your patience again everyone expect the updated BoP later tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Apologies for the late BoP update. Everything but the BRZ and HSV received a change. Please get those times in before the qualifier closes if you are able.

Apologies for the late BoP update. Everything but the BRZ and HSV received a change. Please get those times in before the qualifier closes if you are able.

I leave the series, cant believe this BoP making GTR slower than before, when the GTR cant manage againts the HSV on Fuji.

Sry @Kross24

I'll try to qualify before the deadline but if i cant i'll just start from the back. I will definitely be there for the race though.

I leave the series, cant believe this BoP making GTR slower than before, when the GTR cant manage againts the HSV on Fuji.

Sry @Kross24
Did the Nissan take a BoP hit? The cars were pretty equal when we tested them at Fuji. Either way no reason to ragequit the whole series. Tokyo is going to be a test of consistency rather than raw pace tonight. I'd like to see as many of us there as possible.

Did the Nissan take a BoP hit? The cars were pretty equal when we tested them at Fuji. Either way no reason to ragequit the whole series. Tokyo is going to be a test of consistency rather than raw pace tonight. I'd like to see as many of us there as possible.
Yeah I tested the cars at Tokyo and found the GT-R was faster. Took off 5hp to compensate.

On Fuji the HSV looking clearly faster, from start to the end.

And yes, taking decision with no sense like that it's enough to me to quit the series, I'll not wasted more time and racing in second division of Gt500.

Specifically if I asked BoP revision last week and we decide to keep the BoP because the advantage of HSV was clearly not huge like i tough.

Now removing HP on GT-R, no matter how many, pissing me off. Doing this less of 24h before the race.....

With the HSV at 476hp i'm running at 1.34,4xx
With the GT-R at previous BoP I was at 1.35.0xx
So now imagine you have +10hp on HSV because I used wrong BoP and removing 5hp on GT-R because the GT-R looked faster to someone running into 1.37.xx...

I having fun on Fuji, I'm not here to race againts Kross for position I'm here to beat you Bambi and Ph1sher, but now it's impossible to me, 472hp GT-R versus 486hp HSV, make me mad.

@aceboy127 I'll try to run some laps later once I get home, but I do have a lot of work to do.

I appreciate the hard work you put into BoP but I am not sure this move is correct. I won't know until after 6pm at least though.

@Ph1sher if you have time today can you help out on this please?

Kross and Ph1sher running the same time with the previous BoP, 1 or 2 tenth of difference.

I'm behind Ph1sher with half second.

Tried yesterday to explain that to Ace but looked like he try it and his decision are taking nothing can change, I have to deal with it.

I already put 3 hours of my time on practice/tuning, I'm pretty sure you understand my point of view Bambi.

I should have qualified yesterday. I got family coming over later today but I'll try my best to get a time in.

Wait you mean to tell me the car that received a HP reduction qualified faster than the car that wasn't changed?

Won't make tonights race have another race and im going out to eat . The other race starts at 8 and only way i'll make this race is if i miss the start of the other race.

Thanks guys for getting your times in. All drivers that do not get a time in will be lined up based on standings. I have updated the caution procedure and we will go over it before the race tonight, will try to be a bit early so we can. Hopefully we won't need to use it, but if we do I want to make sure everyone knows what is going on. Lastly we are going to stick with the club lobby like last week since it worked better.

Back