A-Spec 415PP Honda Civic Competition

United States
Anchorage, AK
nomeite
A-Spec

415PP Honda Civic Competition

These are race events using the Honda Civic, the pride of Japan's FF sports cars. Special Prizes are awarded to those achieving 3rd place or higher.

This is an expert level race event using the Honda Civic. Cars can be tuned to 415PP and tires are restricted to Comfort/Soft or less. Participating with cars having a lower PP will grant a higher performance difference bonus to your rewards. For example, using a 375PP car will roughly double the reward after the race.

Period of Availability
2012/11/07 22:00 -

415PP Honda Civic Competition: Tsukuba Circuit /5 Laps
1st: Cr.193,300 2nd: Cr.106,315 3rd: Cr.77,320

415PP Honda Civic Competition: Autumn Ring /7 Laps
1st: Cr.159,000 2nd: Cr.87,450 3rd: Cr.63,600

415PP Honda Civic Competition: Trial Mountain Circuit /5 Laps
1st: Cr.213,100 2nd: Cr.117,205 3rd: Cr.85,240

415PP Honda Civic Competition: Clubman Stage Route 5 Reverse /5 Laps
1st: Cr.179,800 2nd: Cr.98,890 3rd: Cr.71,920

415PP Honda Civic Competition: Eifel (Kart) 108A /5 Laps
1st: Cr.254,300 2nd: Cr.139,865 3rd: Cr.101,720

Entry Requirements

CIVIC TYPE R '08
CIVIC TYPE R (EP) '04
CIVIC TYPE R (EP) '01
CIVIC TYPE R (EP, EU) '01
CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '98
CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97
CIVIC TYPE R (EK) RM '97
CIVIC SiR-II (EG) '95
CIVIC SiR-II (EG) '93
CIVIC SiR-II (EG) '92
CIVIC SiR-II (EG) '91
CIVIC 1500 3door 25i '83
CIVIC 1500 3door CX '79

1st Place in all events - Gift Car Ticket - Gathers Drider Civic Race Car '98

Last edited:
Am I reading that correctly? The EK RM version is allowed? Seems a bit fishy... Thanks for posting up the info so quickly.

hey can you share your setup that your using for your rm or not?

I've always used RKM's tune on my EKs (Tune here). It'll be a good place for starters.

For this seeing how its only 415PP you'd need to adjust weight/power to 415PP and throw on the comfort softs. Should be sufficient for gold.

I'm not on the PS3 so can't give more help then that but that's where I'd start.

Last edited:
Not happy with Civic's but I like the fact they seen to going in the direction of one make races which is just what GT5 was missing.

Yup, one make is definitely a good thing. The only bad thing is that i'll have to make a tune for each new car, instead of adapting my favourite for what ever the PP range / requirement is.
The more experienced i become in GT5 tuning the more i find i do not get the intended result out of my tunes.......

I'm really struggling with this.. I've never been savvy with driving FF cars, keep trying to drive as I would in a RWD and it's just spitting me off with understeer.

I hate to ask but can anyone give me some tips for managing FF cars? I feel pathetic XD

I'm really struggling with this.. I've never been savvy with driving FF cars, keep trying to drive as I would in a RWD and it's just spitting me off with understeer.

I hate to ask but can anyone give me some tips for managing FF cars? I feel pathetic XD
I usually remove toe angle Front and Rear to negative side.

In 08 civic type r, I took 5 tries for ssr5. It's tough. Need 1:04 laps except first lap. 3 rabbits.

I used the same car and yeah about 4-5 tries myself.

I beat the guy by .041 :sly:

Heres my tune (this should work well on all the Civic's ofcourse.

Try for a near 50/50 weight balance i had only a 54/46
LSD 10/45/30
RH -14/-12
SR 6.0/6.6
Ext 6/4
comp 3/4
ARB 5/5
camber 2.4/0.0
Toe -16/-10

Not perfect but it works.

May I ask a question about this kind seasonal events (without expire date),
why if you finished in 1st place (gold trophy) will only give helmet or suit but
never give 2nd place and 3rd place gifts (paints & horn)? :ill:

But if you finished in 2nd place, will also give 3rd place gift! :confused:

Going to have to try with the '79, though I expect I'll have to use a later model if the rabbit is ridiculous.

👍 for the prize - never seen one in my UCD.

As obvious as it sounds, throttle control and waiting until your wheels are straight before hitting the gas. If you have a wheel it is easier to be progressive with throttle as you unwind out of the corner though.

LSD can help but that's a minefiled in itself - I find I have to exaggerate the driving technique but the extra acceleration grip can pay, depends on the car and track really.

UrieHusky

I like to keep the rear of the car as stiff as possible. It is a front engine, front wheel drive car so the back should have little to no imput into the cars behavior.

I am away from my PS3 at the moment, but these general numbers may help you get started. (I'll post better ones when I can)

FRONT/REAR

RIDE HIGHT: 0/-15
SPRING RATE: 8.0/5.0
EXTENTION: 9/7
COMPRESSION: 3/9
ARB: 5/7
CAMBER: 1.4/0.0
TOE: -0.18/0.00

LSD: 18/22/10

Hope it helps you to get started :dopey:

Don't remove the weight bias from the front, you want the weight over the front wheels. Get your braking done early before corner entry, but take corners aggressively and with a fairly high entry speed. Coast through the corner at high speed, don't use trail braking. Leave the accelerator off till you see the corner exit. Premature acceleration can lead to understeer :sly: (for front wheel drive cars)

Yes it can be hard adjusting driving styles :( i developed a tune i was happy with for the 4WD skyline challenge, then i took a break and spent some hours earning credits on my MR car and then could NOT drive my skyline tune anymore :(

Struggling with Autumn Ring mini. 10 secs off pace :ouch: Beat Tsukuba with half a car length to spare. Thought this would be fairly easy, glad it's not.
Using RKM's VTiRoj tune on the 97 RM car with final gear all the way up to drop top speed.
Thanks for the tips giant yak I'll try adapting my style. 👍
All the best everyone.

Struggling with Autumn Ring mini. 10 secs off pace :ouch: Beat Tsukuba with half a car length to spare. Thought this would be fairly easy, glad it's not.
Using RKM's VTiRoj tune on the 97 RM car with final gear all the way up to drop top speed.
Thanks for the tips giant yak I'll try adapting my style. 👍
All the best everyone.

yeah! i got to 3 secs off the top three cars :ouch:
thats about as aggressive as my driving can get! next track!

just won them all with a 413pp civic type R '97 (premium one)
pretty nice races, but won them all with some spare seconds. First golding everything and now trying with other slower civics :)

just won them all with a 413pp civic type R '97 (premium one)
pretty nice races, but won them all with some spare seconds. First golding everything and now trying with other slower civics :)

Yeah, I won them all with the premium hatchback, then the Civic type R 08. All I did was buy the adjustable transmission and adjusted the top speeds according to the track.

Nexviator79
Yeah, I won them all with the premium hatchback, then the Civic type R 08. All I did was buy the adjustable transmission and adjusted the top speeds according to the track.

I used the premium type r aswel. I just bought a 5 speed close ratio transmission, and lowered the top end according to the track. Also bought the fully customisable suspension and mauled with it a bit, I just did pretty much what has already been said. Weight over the front wheels and back of the car really stiff.

The trick is managing the grip. Especially on Tsukuba, all them hairpins :eek:, but when you get it just right, it's awesome.

I'm enjoying this challenge. Just like real racing, "Can't win em' all" ...

Certainly having fun with the process! Interesting to see what the lowest PP to be used winning one of these? Keep em' posted.

Just made a video with tips on winning all these events, perhaps it can help anyone struggling out.

Back