A-Spec 415PP Honda Civic Competition

Well I think I might be throwing in the towel with this one, unless I find myself a rabbit. Moved up a peg or two (best is 3rd) with the slight tune changes. But I can't figure out how you guys are getting a stock type r '08 with ballast (~1500 brick) keep up with the rabbits.

Dczip
Well I think I might be throwing in the towel with this one, unless I find myself a rabbit. Moved up a peg or two (best is 3rd) with the slight tune changes. But I can't figure out how you guys are getting a stock type r '08 with ballast (~1500 brick) keep up with the rabbits.

Try leaving the ballast at the preset or just reset it to default. The only changes I made I listed above. After the race I went into settings and listed everything. I didn't so any weight reductions.

I used the stock 08 from the dealership an only added ballast of 80kg to the rear i think the balance was at 56/44 after doin so. My reasoning for this is so i could get weight off the front to allow trail breaking. Yes you can trail break in a FF. also dont mash the gas coming out of the turn. Try to maintain speed up to the apex and gradually accelerate out. By the time you are driving straight you should be fully on the gas. I use a regular ps controller no wheel. Bu i find it very helpful to switch the gas and brake to R2 and R1 respectively. I hope that helps

Do I still hate FF cars?

Let's run this seasonal and find out...

Yep, still hate FF cars.

HaylRayzor
Do I still hate FF cars?

Let's run this seasonal and find out...

Yep, still hate FF cars.

You just need a good tune for it. Trust me, FF cars can be as good as a FR car of the same PP. you just need a good tune for it.

You need most of the weight over the front wheels. Because the rear wheels have no input into what the car is doing, and the includes downforce. Also, as the post above yours states, be careful on your accelerator, especially with these tyres on, if your up at 415 PP then if you just hammer the go pedal your tyres will not grip.

Get a good tune, FF cars are awesome. Although I do accept, it's your opinion.

This series has me stumped. got the 3 rabbits who zoom out front, and I'm using the 08 which people say you can chase em down no prob. Don't find myself a bad driver as I was about the only on here who could seem to control a Hommel in the French series. Hondas ain't my cup of tea so my garage is limited...high hp and high weight or light weight and low hp.

I'm with you, getting up to and passing the 3 rabbits is tough, even with the RM Civic. Need to find couple more seconds per lap.

Sure the rear wheel have no input but having alot of weight towards the front increases understeer. With a more neutral weight dist. I was able to use some lift-off oversteer on some of the high speed corners especially on trial mnt.

Sirhankysur
Sure the rear wheel have no input but having alot of weight towards the front increases understeer. With a more neutral weight dist. I was able to use some lift-off oversteer on some of the high speed corners especially on trial mnt.

I'm not to sure that it does increase understeer. Maybe in 4WD AND RWD, I could be wrong because I know hardly anything about tuning, but I just feel like it turns in better if the weight is over the front.

If you grab my tune from post #43 and you a half competent driver you'll achieve success with the CSR5/race #4. This tune worked great for me on all 5 races, but I'm a button masher with the Dualshock. For those of you with a wheel setup I cannot comment. But some of these posts are talking about a rear biased set-up with Ballast, just makes me :confused:.

A good example with rear biased cars would be any RR they have a tendency to oversteer. I once heard it described as a pendulum with the front tires as the pivot point

Sirhankysur
A good example with rear biased cars would be any RR they have a tendency to oversteer. I once heard it described as a pendulum with the front tires as the pivot point

That's probably the best way to explain a RR. It would also be correct if you used it to explain a FF with most of the weight over the rear wheels. That's why a 50/50 weight distribution is sought after.

The only one that I had problems with, and still do, is the Special Stage. For the rest, adjust your tranny top speed or final gear ratio to match the track. A few of these are go-kart tracks so you don't need top speed, just acceleration.
My best is 4th on the Special Stage but I'll work that out sooner or later. For the rest, play with your top speeds and final gear rations. As long as you are around 415 PP, you'll be OK. None of that cars I've won with have had turbos. All have standard non-PP upgrades and a few have exhaust/chip/intake upgrades. Turbos don't seem to help.

will give it a try. you do any power mods (exhaust, engine chip)?

For ssr5 here is my best advice
turn 1 brake as late as you can
turn 2 a light tap on the brakes should do it
turn 3 hit flat out
turn 4 use lift off oversteer to make it with no braking lift going into
turn 5 then hard onto the brakes for
turn 6 use all the space to swing wide coming out of that turn
turn 7 is pretty simple same with turn 8and 9
Hope that help figuring out the track

turn 3 hit flat out

That's pretty much all what I did except i just eased off the gas for turn 2 instead of braking. Finished a healthy 5-6 secs in front of the rabbits using an '08 Type R, full tune then decreased power to hit the 415PP.

Thanks for that tune for the Type R '08 RizingPheonix, first try with it and won Autumn Ring by nearly a sec. previous best was 4th. Couldn't get my gears exactly the same and had already done some weight reduction etc, however with a Mid range turbo and 139kg weight to bring PP to 215 it worked a treat. Hope to see many more Tunes from you in the future, cheers.

Of course I didn't take into account which cars started first on the grid, so next time I try it may be a whole lot different. But I'll take note in future and post if I see any bias. As there usually/often is.

OK, just fired up GT5 again and found my previous win @ Autumn Ring wasn't saved, so did it again and won by about the same margin (forgot to check). The starting line up was,
Civic Type R (EP) 04.
Civic Type R '08.
Civic Type R (EP EU)
Civic 1500 3door 25i '83.

So will now try Route 5 with this tune, where I previously only managed 4 place.

Down to 5.5 secs from the lead in Route 5. This is no walk in the park. I guess it can be done, but not sure I'll do it tonight.

Gathers Drider Civic Race Car '98

wow.. I have played the game from day 1 and i have 530 cars in my garage (I dont buy every car) - still I have never seen this car in gt5 :eek: Dont know if its any good, but seeing an before unseen car in gt5 is refreshing for an old chap like me..:sly:👍

turn 3 hit flat out

T2, quick lift
T4, flat when you have a clear run, lift if there is traffic
T5+T6, similar to the guide line. Late brake, lift and then turn in and keep it tight (ie late apex) on the exit of T6.

Using the RM, stock tuning except for the tranny and max aero, PP via engine power only ie no extra weight.

Went to Eifel for a change and won on second attempt by nearly 1.5 sec. I have changed the tune a little also. Now it's 245hp (97.2%) and 200kg weight, 1470kg. Dropped the Turbo and now have Sports Exhaust Manifold, Sports Catalytic Converter and Titanium Racing Exhaust.
Worked for me, but not at Route 5 yet.

The only one I could win in my '79 was Trial Mountain. 197bhp at 415pp, with 52/48 weight distribution and my own dubious setup. Really struggling on the tighter tracks though with P4s and 3s. Think I'll try something more modern.

The only one I could win in my '79 was Trial Mountain. 197bhp at 415pp, with 52/48 weight distribution and my own dubious setup. Really struggling on the tighter tracks though with P4s and 3s. Think I'll try something more modern.

Feel free add GTP_JK83 mine civic is on share. I won with it almost all atleast 10 sec 👍

Special Route 5 is not easy, I finally got gold using the Type R '08. I tried several different Civics and this one was the fastest for me. I fully tuned the car and then added back max ballust ending up with a 52/48 weight split. I then pushed the HP as high as possible to give 415. High horse power is necessary to get the speed in the straight away.

Given all this, this is basically a drivers challenge. You need to be in the mid 1:17 's on the 1st lap and then four laps in the low 1:15's or even better if you can put up a clean lap in the high 1:14's which I was able to do on the 4th lap. The 4th lap has no cars to pass but you can catch the draft of the 3rd car on thse start finish straight. I think this is necessary to catch the 1st car.

All in all it is a fun challenge requiring some tuning and balls to the walls driving.

Well that clubman stage was a tricky fellow. I'm using a Type R 01 with a few bolt-on HP mods and custom gearbox adjusted for top speed. Won the others without too much trouble but I must have spent a good couple of hours trying to nail CSR5. I was consistently right behind the two leading cars coming out of the last turn, but could I find the extra 1s needed to win. I'd been adding ballast to keep to 415PP as engine was running in and it was up to 50kg. When I moved this all the way to the front the car instantly felt faster and I got 1st by 0.1s.

I never realised that the position of the ballast affects PP before. When it was moved forwards the PP went from 415 to 416 and I had to add a few kg. I'd like to know how that works.

StirlingMoose
Well that clubman stage was a tricky fellow. I'm using a Type R 01 with a few bolt-on HP mods and custom gearbox adjusted for top speed. Won the others without too much trouble but I must have spent a good couple of hours trying to nail CSR5. I was consistently right behind the two leading cars coming out of the last turn, but could I find the extra 1s needed to win. I'd been adding ballast to keep to 415PP as engine was running in and it was up to 50kg. When I moved this all the way to the front the car instantly felt faster and I got 1st by 0.1s.

I never realised that the position of the ballast affects PP before. When it was moved forwards the PP went from 415 to 416 and I had to add a few kg. I'd like to know how that works.

It affects it depending on the drivetrain. In this one you are driving a FF car so if you have the weight over the front wheels then the car will turn in better, or at least thats how I see it. I have said it a few times in this thread now, but I honestly believe it.

It affects it depending on the drivetrain. In this one you are driving a FF car so if you have the weight over the front wheels then the car will turn in better, or at least thats how I see it. I have said it a few times in this thread now, but I honestly believe it.

Yes, really just confirming what you said. Maybe it depends on your driving style but it certainly worked for me. I might try piling the weight on the front and upping the HP to see if it's even faster.

Special Route 5: my phone rang a second before turn 1... Passed the turn without braking, laptime 1.02.976....okey....

LOL -- best tip ever for this race!

My best was 2nd place until I tried this "technique". Now my best time is 5:23.011 using the Civic Type R '08, and I win by 5-7 seconds.

Not the cleanest way to win, but this race can be frustrating.

Thanks!

Back