A-Spec 415PP Honda Civic Competition

In 08 civic type r, I took 5 tries for ssr5. It's tough. Need 1:04 laps except first lap. 3 rabbits.

me too i got civic type r 08 still 5th cos i got 220bhp other car 1st is 228bhp so i put ballast weigh on 50kg to more bhp i couldn't win on ssr5.

anything help.

ta

Martyn

I also used the '08, brand new from the dealership, and won each first run through. Didn't do the weight mods or engine upgrades but added 200kg ballast at +50 and added a few power mods to hit the pp limit, (around 245/6bhp) then all the handling mods and a custom gearbox. Was a confident race winner in all the events, usually just behind or ahead the lead group by the start of the last lap.

Used a 100% stock Type R 04, won them easily. Tuning ruins cars!!

Then it would have been nice if PD said 'no mods' as one of the requirements. It would save us all from having to tune cars :D
I'll certainly skip on the tuning. 👍

This series has me stumped. got the 3 rabbits who zoom out front, and I'm using the 08 which people say you can chase em down no prob. Don't find myself a bad driver as I was about the only on here who could seem to control a Hommel in the French series. Hondas ain't my cup of tea so my garage is limited...high hp and high weight or light weight and low hp.

zip are you having a problem with all of them stage route 5 is ridiculous i have been trying for two nights now all the others were easy people say the second race is hardest dont know about that.

I want to thank everyone for their tips.
I'm really trying my hardest with this seasonal and I just can't seem to grasp the rhythm needed for driving a FF car.. I'm genuinely disappointed with myself because I felt I was hitting a ceiling with my driving only to find something so insurpassable for me..

I can only hope that continuing to attempt this event will improve my driving so I can break through my skill ceiling :)

I've gotten up to 4 or 5 spot on every race. Its just me finding the right car with the right setup, which I don't have.

I used the same car and yeah about 4-5 tries myself.

I beat the guy by .041 :sly:

Heres my tune (this should work well on all the Civic's ofcourse.

Try for a near 50/50 weight balance i had only a 54/46
LSD 10/45/30
RH -14/-12
SR 6.0/6.6
Ext 6/4
comp 3/4
ARB 5/5
camber 2.4/0.0
Toe -16/-10

Not perfect but it works.

I also used the '08, brand new from the dealership, and won each first run through. Didn't do the weight mods or engine upgrades but added 200kg ballast at +50 and added a few power mods to hit the pp limit, (around 245/6bhp) then all the handling mods and a custom gearbox. Was a confident race winner in all the events, usually just behind or ahead the lead group by the start of the last lap.

I've gotten up to 4 or 5 spot on every race. Its just me finding the right car with the right setup, which I don't have.

These two setups combined made significant diffderence for me, with an easy win at Tsukuba (in front at end of lap 4) compared with a tough win in the RM'ed Civic, and a handful of runs at Route 5 has seen a significant drop in my times now only needing to find 1.7 secs to get the gold. Practice should get me there. The one thing I chamged was ballast at -50 to put all the weight at the front, it didf make a difference.

will give it a try. you do any power mods (exhaust, engine chip)?

Yep, as smuttsy said ...added the ballast, then added power upgrades to get to the required PP. I did do oil change first. I think I added the ECU and intake manifold...I am going to try and find a suitable tranny setup also.

SSR5 gave me a few problems, because I have not raced in that direction for ages. Once I got my braking points and lines sorted I took the lead on the last lap, re-learning the track was the most important thing. No tuning apart from the gearbox. The other races were first attempt wins and I took the lead in all of them on the last lap.

As already written, it is good to do one-make races and I hope PD use this format a lot more.

Hey all, my first post. Just joined a few days ago.

So for you button mashers' out there, I'm one, haven't committed to a wheel yet (getting the Thrustmaster t500rs as soon as the mancave and racing simulator are set up). DS3 users here's my set up and tune for the Honda Civic seasonal.

Granted I do have a slight OCD and the seasonal's is where I like to take a new premium car and get it broken in properly and do my tuning tweeks while making some serious dough.

Honda Civic Type R '08 (Vivid Blue Pearl) tune: from 0.0 - 196.4 miles in this seasonal.

Max Pwr: 221 Weight: 1255kg PP: 415*

Installed Parts:
-Window Weight Reduction**
-Carbon Hood**
-Fully Customizable Tranny
-Clutch Twin Plate
-Flywheel: Semi-Racing
-Adjustable LSD
-Height-Adjustable Sports Kit Suspension

Suspension:
Ride Height: F -5 / R -5
Spring Rate: F 5.1 /R 3.2
Dampers: F 2 / R 2
Anti-Roll F 1 / R 1
Toe: F 0.0 / R 0.20

***LSD:
Initial Torque: 5
Acceleration Sense: 16
Braking Sense: 6

Brake Balance:
F 6 / R 5

Weight Adjustment:
0 / 0

Power Limit:
100%

Tranny: **
1st: 2.848
2nd: 2.000
3rd: 1.497
4th: 1.172
5th: 0.960
6th: 0.823
Final: 5.079
Top: 240 kph

* Your PP will gain as car "break's in"
** purchased and tuned just for Special Stage Route 5, I was struggling with 4th place finish's
*** "opening" up or "unlocking" the LSD is "key" in FF car's it makes them looser or give's them an oversteer tendancy, FF car's are notorious for understeer

Good Luck all, Also I have a BMW Concept Series 1 tii '07 ticket for any takers, I got one good and dialed in already. My PSN name is my username on this board "RizingPhoenix," I was one of the first 2000 PSN user's back in 2005 I was a pre-release PS3 tester in a previous life.👍

Last edited:
I want to thank everyone for their tips.
I'm really trying my hardest with this seasonal and I just can't seem to grasp the rhythm needed for driving a FF car.. I'm genuinely disappointed with myself because I felt I was hitting a ceiling with my driving only to find something so insurpassable for me..

I can only hope that continuing to attempt this event will improve my driving so I can break through my skill ceiling :)

If you want, I can send you the car I've golded the first 3 with so far. (Quite easily) It has a really nice transmission setting. Might have to play with the final gear for a higher top end for SS5. My PSN is Rhinoafrica.

Just like what was said before, the first three were a breeze but CSR5 & Eifel are being a real pain...I've got a fair choice of civics to pick from, from the '79 up to '08 premium, just a case of fiddling about with 'em I guess.

Last edited:
Well, just to add up some whining, CSR5 is a pain. Used the setup from Endless-Wilso (TKS!!) on a civic 08. All the other races were smooth... Got a silver on CSR5 after at least 10 tries. I'll try other cars and the ballast strategy mentioned before. I'm not using a wheel and my astigmatism is not helping running at night... I believe I'm loosing too much time on the first curve and my best time is 1'05. If anyone has any hint on how to improve the performance without a wheel it will be very welcome.

Btw, I used the driving line for ssr5. Helps to see better in the night. I only got the lead by last 2 corners and only upgraded transmission and set to 230kph. Used power limiter to keep to pp limit.

great vid, i always going about doing the races the hard way, got a civic 375pp and finding it hard to keep up with some of the races the only for doing them this way is that the bonus is doubled civic 1997 eg race mod

All, except route 5, were easy for me. I'm using a civic type r(ek) 97 with every mod available detuned to 413pp. My tuning seriously sucks so I'll be trying a few that were previously mentioned. So far the best I can manage is a 1:07 on the first lap and 1:05-1:06 on every other lap with a 4th place finish and 3.047 sec off the lead car.

Hey all, my first post. Just joined a few days ago.

So for you button mashers' out there, I'm one, haven't committed to a wheel yet (getting the Thrustmaster t500rs as soon as the mancave and racing simulator are set up). DS3 users here's my set up and tune for the Honda Civic seasonal.

Granted I do have a slight OCD and the seasonal's is where I like to take a new premium car and get it broken in properly and do my tuning tweeks while making some serious dough.

Honda Civic Type R '08 (Vivid Blue Pearl) tune: from 0.0 - 196.4 miles in this seasonal.

Max Pwr: 221 Weight: 1255kg PP: 415*

Installed Parts:
-Window Weight Reduction**
-Carbon Hood**
-Fully Customizable Tranny
-Clutch Twin Plate
-Flywheel: Semi-Racing
-Adjustable LSD
-Height-Adjustable Sports Kit Suspension

Suspension:
Ride Height: F -5 / R -5
Spring Rate: F 5.1 /R 3.2
Dampers: F 2 / R 2
Anti-Roll F 1 / R 1
Toe: F 0.0 / R 0.20

***LSD:
Initial Torque: 5
Acceleration Sense: 16
Braking Sense: 6

Brake Balance:
F 6 / R 5

Weight Adjustment:
0 / 0

Power Limit:
100%

Tranny: **
1st: 2.848
2nd: 2.000
3rd: 1.497
4th: 1.172
5th: 0.960
6th: 0.823
Final: 5.079
Top: 240 kph

* Your PP will gain as car "break's in"
** purchased and tuned just for Special Stage Route 5, I was struggling with 4th place finish's
*** "opening" up or "unlocking" the LSD is "key" in FF car's it makes them looser or give's them an oversteer tendancy, FF car's are notorious for understeer

Good Luck all, Also I have a BMW Concept Series 1 tii '07 ticket for any takers, I got one good and dialed in already. My PSN name is my username on this board "RizingPhoenix," I was one of the first 2000 PSN user's back in 2005 I was a pre-release PS3 tester in a previous life.👍

I've just signed up just to say thanx to the above post. Man, i completed the 4 races with first try except Special Stage Route 5. That ****ing course i was struggling to win it 7 hours straight with many cars/setups etc. Only your setup was awesome and helpful and helped me win the track by 0.555 gap. Thanx man, seriously, thank you very much 👍

Finally won stage route 5 with a time of 5:29:466, best lap 1:04:870 using a type r 08. Passed for first place on the last turn on the last lap. I'll list my set up(probably terrible for most but finally worked for me and I tried every set up listed here). I'm using a controller because I do not own a wheel and do not plan on buying one.
SUSPENSION
RH -17/-16
SR 6.0/3.7
EXT 7/6
COMP 3/3
ARB 6/6
CA 2.7/2.4
TA -.16/-.10

BODY
carbon good
Chassis reinforcement
No ballast adjustment

ENGINE
ecu
Adjusted power limiter to 415pp

INTAKE
sports mani
Racing air filter

EXHAUST
all stock

TURBO
no

TRANSMISSION
fully customizable
Top speed 130.
No gear adjustments

DRIVETRAIN
clutch: twin plate
Flywheel:semi racing
Differential:adjustable(10/40/20)

BRAKES
no change

TIRES
comfort soft

Killermiller24
Special Route 5: my phone rang a second before turn 1... Passed the turn without braking, laptime 1.02.976....okey....

Nice. What car and set up did you use?

hello guys again,

I can't win on SR5 route i put the ballast weight 200 kg but i still on 4th grrr i put everything from dabearded message. anyone help?

thank you
Martyn

HondaNSX2011
hello guys again,

I can't win on SR5 route i put the ballast weight 200 kg but i still on 4th grrr i put everything from dabearded message. anyone help?

thank you
Martyn

I didn't use ballast. I kept it at whatever the preset is.

Back