A-spec Beginners Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Autumn Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 55 comments
Prius G 2002 with 368PP. Won by 0.326 seconds against a NSX rabbit. The NSX crashed into me 2 times before. This race wasn't fun, dumb AI crashing and rubberbanding and the Prius gearbox is not adjustable.:grumpy:

Yea slow cars are not rewarding this time around lol. Well not when an NSX decides you are a nail, and he is a hammer.

Elise 11 or R5 turbo, both are fun and can win every time reliably all stock. Fast enough to keep the crazy AI off your bumper. But not so fast that its a pointless walkover.

EDIT: I can't follow my own advice since I am grabbing 2CV again here shortly. Should be easier this time with better tires .

Last edited:
This sequence seemed quite smoothly progressive for me. I use the cars stock but with the maximum allowed SH tires.

Toyota 1967 2000GT @ 373PP
Toyota 1986 MR2 1600G @ 353PP
Isuzu 1968 117 Coupe @ 342PP
Opel 1999 Tigra 1.6i @ 334PP

I have tried a few cars in the 320's but have not really had any success yet. I am hoping the Mitsubishi Colt will carry the day. :)

Yea slow cars are not rewarding this time around.

This time, for me, slow cars are simply too slow. A medium pace where I can actually hit the perfect line all the way around is most rewarding for me, especially if it's a car that really moves well, like my Elise. I also miss the 1-lap magic races, so it was fun turning this one into one of those, and no easy task!

I loved 1 lap magic. Mainly because it reminded me of what I would do when bored years earlier on GT1. I would pick a fast car, be it a 900 hp R32 GTR race mod, Cerbera LM, Concept Car LM, Del Sol LM, FTO LM.... Anyway, I would pick a race, usually in Clubman Cup, because Sunday Cup was too easy to pull it off. I skipped Qualifying, then let the field have a 1/2 lap head start.:D Sometimes more if I caught them too quick. It was real cool if you caught all 5 just before the line.

All those cars and tunes from the Autumn Ring quick match are quite appropriate here. 350pp is all that's needed. I've used a Prius, Mitsubishi I concept, Will vs, and Honda Beat. Ill try that Midget 👍

I made up a tune for the Acura CL3.2 S '01 that's fast enough to break out of the rubber banding. I love this event and the track.

Last edited:
Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 (450PP CS)

Don't let the image deceive you, this tune is very good around this track and has been given very positive reviews in my own thread.

tsukuba-circuit-jpg.362122

Great tune,i've i didn't messed up at the exit of the long left hairpin,it would have been my fastest car.

I went with a bog stock S2000
realised it was far too fast, so just switched on some CH tyres...
still an easy win, but it was a 3 lap drifting session

The Delorean Prize car from Intermediate was not what I expected. Being RR I expected wild antics. It handles real nice, very easy to drive. I wanted a beginners level RUF BTR lol. Still it can get to over 88 on the main straight.💡

As usual the Shelby Series One with whatever tune is in it takes the lead end of the the 2nd lap.

Tried the NSX variants. The 91 Acura is a pain in the ass. But the 02 Type R though was an easy win.

I loved 1 lap magic. I would pick a fast car, pick a race, usually in Clubman Cup, skip Qualifying, then let the field have a 1/2 lap head start.:D Sometimes more if I caught them too quick. It was real cool if you caught all 5 just before the line.

Exactly, did it many times! The good old days, right? When you could use an F1 car in any race. I miss those days. I don't think it should be done that way for all races, but they should give us some where we can do fun stuff like that again.

A slightly less cruel teacher:

A stock RUF BTR '86 with the power dialed down to 450pp is still very much a BTR. :) It is less punishing than the normally powered version, which can teach any learner a lesson in the current Intermediate event. I would recommend this as practice, especially if you are already trying to learn with the BTR but find the Intermediate event too frustrating.

Used the Honda S500 with 90hp and won without being hit by the NSX. The NSX came very close on the S/F straight but lost by 0.452 seconds.

Won this in the VW Bus with a tune by @Soren Jacquet. It was the only tune I could find for the bus and it is dead on! Won by 7 sec. over a RX7. P1 before the end of the 2nd lap.

Attachments

• 20160222_201627.jpg
    20160222_201627.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 18
From the fires of lag rose my PS3. I'm back with more lag than ever before. But hey I ordered my T300RS :cheers:

Randomiser chose the Honda Civic Si, I haven't ran it yet but could probably win it bone stock but I'll tune it anyways just to sharpen some pretty blunt skills.:lol:

Yeah I tuned to 400pp still felt like overkill. Next seasonal I'll just do transmission maybe?

Last edited:
Had some fun with a few Kei Cars. The 2 Cappuccinos are very different animals to look so close on paper. Both win easy tuned up. The AZ1 is a lot of fun here. The Beat is quick but needs finesse to
get the most out of it. The Alto Works RSZ may be horribly rendered, but it is a solid predictable drive, if a little boring.

PC is having a tantrum, so I am posting from my phone. Sorry if post is a little messy.

EDIT: If you want 1 lap magic the GSXR/4 can get you there lol. P1 on lap 1 reliably .

Last edited:
Peugeot 106 is a fun car to toss around. I forgot who's tune I have on mine as I modded it awhile back. But it sticks like glue through the turns.

Back