A-spec Beginners Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Red Bull Ring Short Track

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 33 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Beginners Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Red Bull Ring Short Track

A-spec #39 Beginners Level Non-Race Car Challenge @ Red Bull Ring Short Track.png
A-spec [#39] Beginners Level Non-Race Car Challenge @ Red Bull Ring.jpg

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Ferrari Dino with the wrong tyres did it. Also typical GT6 trick, Once you overtake the leader, everyone is suddenly on your back bumper.

Threw in a stock Mitsubishi FTO that I'd bought yesterday after seeing one in the street.
Golded that first go.

Then thought I'd have a go with the Insanity that is, the totally un-tuneable, Tank Car.
...That might need a bit more practice.:lol:
I can get 'round the track well enough but the rabbits seem to be a bit too far ahead.

I used a stock Stratos CS tires and all. My controller had mercy on me this time, or maybe the Stratos kept me too busy to notice.:lol:

Stock DeLorean on CS tyres makes this a worthwhile challenge. You have to drift through the last two turns to maintain enough momentum to stay ahead of any AI NSXs otherwise they'll come barreling past on the main straight.

To make this interesting, my aim is to enter this in nothing over 399 PP, wearing CH tyres.

So far I've run: Honda CRZ-a, BMW 2002 Turbo, and Alfa Romeo 156, all below 399 PP, all wearing CH tyres, all winning. I really like this track and running cars well below the PP limit. I think the BMW and Alfa were both at 387 PP, the Honda at 399.

I think almost any car will gold this event.

Shelby Cobra 427 S/C Chrome Line prize car. Sweet. Earned it with VW Sambabus first try against an NSX rabbit.

Once you pass the rabbit, they start driving nearer the limits of the car. But they still keep like 2 metres clear of you. Extremely passive and friendly AI at this difficulty level.

Yes, should be a good earner for newer players.

I found this track to be hell on the past 700pp LMP expert race, granted it was the full track. But this time, its very easy. Obviously 450pp means you got heaps of time to brake for corners. Most corners are fast 2nd, 3rds which have heaps of runoff. My old friend the 450pp Peugeot 106 Rally crushes this one, again on the wrong tyres.

Back