A-spec Beginners Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Special Stage Route 5 Clubman

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 36 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Beginners Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Special Stage Route 5 Clubman

A-spec #31 Beginners' Level Non-Racing Car Challenge @ Special Stage Route 5 Clubman.jpg
A-spec [#31] Beginners' Level Non-Racing Car Challenge @ Special Stage Route 5 Clubman.jpg

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Easy and fun win in the gt40, with my tune it's a little slippery on sports hard so it brings a little excitement to a normally dull race. Plus the interior is slick.

More fun than I expected - I think this is the best direction for the clubman track. But then I did have a 'Princely' chariot

20150813_081044.jpg

It took a few attempts, and in the end the magnificent Skyline was fully worked with SH at around 415pp.

82.4ºF How hot is this track during the day?!?

Got an easy win in the Mazda RX-7 FC - It's cool in the Shade Green.

Won with the same Alpine A110 i used on the last intermediate racing we had. Passed the lead on the last lap.
I still feel it's really slow on straights...
Since i love using those really heavy cars, i'll try a Dodge Ram.

Like @Woodski_427 I think this track is really good in reverse.

I think you can win in pretty much any car. I've tried a Honda Civic R and the '78 Dome (which loves to slide around the corners) for easy wins.

Time to break out the Midget and Sambabus again!

Spoke too quickly. Not familiar with the reverse version of this track and immediately said hello to the outside wall on the first turn. Nevertheless, I enjoy these beginner Seasonals since they let me use cars that typically collect dust in my garage.

Currently working my way through using only Japanese manufacturers and all the different drivetrains starting around 390PP on CS tires. So far best result was the Honda S2000 '06 with a 3rd place finish.

Found this more difficult than intermediate challenge. I had to go hard out in RS trophy to catch the Skyline and RX7 rabbits coming out of the tunnel on the last lap.

A stock EK '97 was already an overkill, so i'm trying other pocket rockets and some 80's JDM.

I love these. I race them 100 times with all sorts of small cars and usually CS tyres. A real shame is that it's only 3 laps or 3 minutes of fun and no challenge. Why not 10, 20 laps of this? Think about it. A proper race with these brilliant 400-450PP cars, mandatory racing numbers and random weather changes.

Although i love every single one of them and enjoy them all, i have a very, very different vision of these seasonals.

Its about what people will digest. More people would run a 3-5 lap race rtaher than 10 or 20 laps.

Also I think in many cases, 5 laps is too much. If you guy us 5 laps this week anything can win as it gives you so much time to claw places.

I do agree with you... 3 laps is too short. They should aim for 5.

A stock EK '97 was already an overkill, so i'm trying other pocket rockets and some 80's JDM.

I love these. I race them 100 times with all sorts of small cars and usually CS tyres. A real shame is that it's only 3 laps or 3 minutes of fun and no challenge. Why not 10, 20 laps of this? Think about it. A proper race with these brilliant 400-450PP cars, mandatory racing numbers and random weather changes.

Although i love every single one of them and enjoy them all, i have a very, very different vision of these seasonals.

I think you raise an excellent idea. At the moment we get 2 super laps + 2 drift trials each fortnight (i.e. 4 events), alternating with 3 A-spec races.

Why not have a 4th A-spec event that runs over 10 laps (for example)? They could be themed events according to manufacturer/decade/country/drivetrains etc. rather than a strict PP limit.

I think an all-Ferrari event, or a 1970s FF event, or even a straight out battle between a field of (tuneable) Jaguar E-types would be an excellent addition to our fortnightly dose of races.

Just no all-LMP races. I think we get enough of them already...:rolleyes:

I think you raise an excellent idea. At the moment we get 2 super laps + 2 drift trials each fortnight (i.e. 4 events), alternating with 3 A-spec races.

Why not have a 4th A-spec event that runs over 10 laps (for example)? They could be themed events according to manufacturer/decade/country/drivetrains etc. rather than a strict PP limit.

I think an all-Ferrari event, or a 1970s FF event, or even a straight out battle between a field of (tuneable) Jaguar E-types would be an excellent addition to our fortnightly dose of races.

Just no all-LMP races. I think we get enough of them already...:rolleyes:

I'm with you guys in PD mixing up these Seasonals. I'll still participate, but the formats are getting a little stale for my taste. I probably play too much anyway...

Maybe PD is working on GT7 and has less time for GT6.

I'm with you guys in PD mixing up these Seasonals. I'll still participate, but the formats are getting a little stale for my taste. I probably play too much anyway...

I couldn't agree more. I believe there are many ways to keep it fresh with no additional work or cost.

On topic: I've just bought/tuned a sleeper that really surprised me: Mitsu Galant VR4 '89, in black, black wheels. It's an overkill here @450PP but turn off all assists and have fun 👍

Last edited:
Back