A-spec Beginners Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Suzuka East Course

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 65 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Beginners Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Suzuka East Course

M6agq8e.jpg

Image courtesy of GRANKUSTOM .. Many Thanks.

Period of Availability: 13/11/2014 - 27/11/2014, 03:00 GMT/UTC

Event Conditions:
Type: Single Race
Start Procedure: Rolling Start
Duration: 5 Laps

Entry Requirements:
PP: 450 or less
Tyres: Sports Hard or less
Categories: Normal Car
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr.75,000
Silver: Cr.45,000
Bronze: Cr.37,500

Gift(s):
Gold: GT JAPANESE 001-C paint chip.

Track Conditions:
Track: Suzuka East Course
Track Length: 1.39 miles / 2237 m
Time of day: 10:30
Temp: 20-25ºc
Precipitation: 0%

Typical Opponents:
Honda NSX '01
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec (R32) '93
TVR V8S '91

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
One thing I'm going to like about this event, besides being able to use a wide variety of cars, is the experience I will be gaining with the Esses section of Suzuka. I am very intimidated by Suzuka Circuit. I've never been very good at putting down consistent lap times there. Those esses are a major reason why, but they aren't the only reason. Overall, I just think it's a very, very challenging track.

EDIT: Oops. Forgot to add that I already had my Dino loaded up and ready to go at 450PP from the last time I ran the Ferrari Challenge, so she was my first drive and Gold Medal in this event. I was still using the Nicks Forza Tune from Ridox's Garage. :D 👍

:D Lotus Elise 111S '03. Stock. First attempt as well!
Anyways, this is gonna be a lotta fun and good for Cr.1 million+ an hour taking into account changing cars :cheers:
image.jpg

Those CS tires do squeal a lot....

I tried first with a stock Volvo 240 GLT, but couldn't manage better than 4th place, but it was enjoyable to overtake at certain points and have the AI come back past on the straights. With a tune up to 450PP the Volvo would easily win.

Next I tried a stock RUF BTR with power limiter - the power comes down to a similar figure to an earlier 911 and was very enjoyable. I tried twice, but both times spun out on the last lap with a couple of corners to go - an enjoyable car for this event and a comfortable win if you can hold your concentration.

Next I tried a stock Ferrari Dino. Once I had got used to the very different handling compared with the RUF I found it produced a comfortable win and with only 201bhp it didn't go too fast on the straights.

Finally I tried a stock Aston Martin V8 Vantage with the power limited to 330bhp - about the same as an earlier model AM V8. The car is so heavy that it's a challenge to tackle the tight corners on this track - I really enjoyed the Aston at this track.

Of the three cars that won the event the Ferrari lapped fastest despite having the least power, the RUF was next followed by the Aston. I tried this selection of cars because I was thinking maybe an AMOC Intermarque Series might be possible on GT6.

Intermarquescans004.jpg

Above Silverstone 1988 AMOC Intermarque: Porsche, Jaguar (E Type & XJS), Ferrari, Cobra and Astons.

Had a ball with my first choice of car, recent Cool Wall star the Honda 1300 Coupe. Stock with no oil change, 340PP, just upgraded to SH tyres. Snaked my way through the field (that body roll dayum) without a single contact, ended up trading places with the Impreza at the front over the last couple of laps, but the finish line is soon enough after the final corner for it to not quite catch up. Won by 0.2 seconds :)

EDIT: Won by 0.3 seconds in the 338PP Alfa Spider Duetto, against a field that seemed mostly made up of NSXs. Dust off those classics, this is a lot of fun even if it does feel a little like a trackday full of overly-cautious drivers at times.

Last edited:
I had a very fun time doing this event.

Took a '79 Nissan Bluebird Hardtop, tuned it to 450pp, then did the race without braking. You enter T1 at 140mph, and need to get sideways all the way into T2 to scrub off the speed. The rest of the lap can be flat out but the car will be facing some fun angles doing it.

Last edited:
For this one I chose a mildly tuned 1981 Celica XX 2800GT (aka the Celica Supra) rated at 428pp... fairly easy but you always saw that NSX creeping ever closer in the rear view mirror. Thankfully A-Spec Adam can't drive!

Cheers

Just used my Alpine A110 1600S 15th Anniversary '72 -- won by 10 seconds... 5:30 total time. Had a couple mistakes in the driving. This is one of my favorite cars in the game. I actually thought I was selecting my non-15th Anniversary Edition car. I have that one setup really nice. But, I used this one and it was a very easy win. The car is just so light and nimble through those Esses.

I won this one with '91 Lancia DELTA HF Intergrale Evoluzione. Stock race tranny and suspension. Only changed the LSD using @Motor City Hami tuning guide. Very easy win. I chose this car because it was first on the list of my 450PP cars.

Audi A2 tuned to 398pp smoked this. That little A2 has so much torque for it's size/power so just sailed through the esses whilst the AI cars constantly brake-check themselves

Been dialling back the PP for this one and the lowest I managed a win in was the '65 Silvia (forget the PP as am at work), was even fairly easy in the Autobianchi, and beating an NSX in an S800 was also a lot of fun! Sadly as someone else observed, the Volvo can't quite cut it but can't help feeling its performance is a little under-represented in GT.

Take one Midget.
Boost to 400 PP.
Remove all aids but set ABS 1.
Do not touch other track-day participants, go off course, or be hassled into combat with bad-tempered drivers.
Stir and enjoy.

After the man drops the flag you may deliver all the spare parts you were supposed to deliver in the first place to Pit lane.

IMG_2325_zpscad46ed7.jpg

P.S. Don't forget that apart from being a world-wide talent-scouting aptitude test for wannabe race-drivers, there is also a fun driving game hidden in this . . . video-game. :cheers:

Its pretty damn silly/ridiculous when I can take a 69HP/333PP car (Autobianchi A112 Abarth '79) and beat a 239HP/448PP car in this Seasonal. (Other Seasonals are the same way for the most part) Just shows how screwed up PD has this whole thing set up. A car with only 69HP should not be able to beat a car with 239HP, that's just ridiculous.

Last edited:
I managed a 0.062 win over the V-spec with the 74 Spitfire at a whooping 71HP & 319PP. Granted if it hadn't just tried to run over me, it would have won. At least I can make use of the little beasts I bought last time. It's also a bit more of a challenge with the long straight. I had a NSX come up & push my CRX most of the front stretch, that little beater never made a better lap time than that one:)

Its pretty damn silly/ridiculous when I can take a 69HP/333PP car (Autobianchi A112 Abarth '79) and beat a 239HP/448PP car in this Seasonal. (Other Seasonals are the same way) Just shows how screwed up PD has this whole thing set up. A car with only 69HP should not be able to beat a car with 239HP, that's just ridiculous.
But it is a Beginner event, that means it will be easy by definition. Maybe some raw beginners have to comment whether it is too easy.

But it is a Beginner event, that means it will be easy by definition. Maybe some raw beginners have to comment whether it is too easy.

Still, beginner or not, a car of such inferiority should not be able to win this race against the front runners. They are making it easy in the wrong way. Make it easy in the way that you are using around the same HP cars, or cars around the same PP class. You see what I'm saying don't you. I mean, this is just not realistic at all....and it all goes back to their bad programming of the AI. I don't know, I'm sure the majority will disagree with me on this, but its just how I feel. In regards to your last sentence coming from just an average driver like me and in my opinion, you'd have to be pretty unskilled to not be able to win this race in a car at the max allowable PP.

They have to outlaw carts or they would be kicking the AI's tail. It's just easy no strain credits the way I see it. Lots of clunkers to drive about, may as well try a few. Win some credits then sell them to clean the musty, cobweb encrusted corners of that virtual garage. You never know you might just discover a hidden gem...

Latest Posts

Back