A-spec Beginners Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Suzuka East Course

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 32 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Beginners Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Suzuka East Course

A-spec #55 Beginner Level Non-Racing Car Challenge @ Suzuka East Course.png

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - by xande1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

Jeje6410 GT6 Tune Garage - by Jeje6410

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Started with the Mazda, as usual on this level completely Stock.
Don't know if the result is any good (Edit: not too much...), or how much lower PP can win the race (which is a lap shorter than last time), but it was fun going the long way through the S-s around the other cars ;)

361PP
- 1:04.797 - 4:45.302 - Mazda Eunos Roadster SR-Limited (NA) '97 - CS - FR - 130bhp - 1000kg - Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-spec (R32) '93 - 4:45.677 (Wheel, MT, TC0, ABS1)

UPDATE: Never drove this one before - has a nice name :lol: but understeers a bit ;)
354PP - 1:06.336 - 4:51.109 - Fiat Barchetta Giovane Due '00 - CS - FF - 127bhp - 1090kg - Honda NSX '01 - 4:51.296 (Wheel, MT, TC0, ABS1)

UPDATE 2: Going down the PP ladder - how many updates will there be? ;)
351PP - 1:05.766 - 4:49.743 - Mazda Eunos Roadster J-Limited (NA) '91 - CS - FR - 117bhp - 950kg - Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi Versi... - 4:50.532 (Wheel, MT, TC0, ABS1)

UPDATE 3: OK - sorry - last one for today, although i get faster ;)
347PP - 1:04.107 - 4:47.313 - VW Lupo GTI '01 - CS - FF - 114bhp - 975kg - Mazda éfini RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '96 - 4:48.448 (Wheel, MT, TC0, ABS1)

This last one was not without errors, see fastest lap, switching between FF and FR cars also is a small challenge ;)

Spare you the blurry screenshots (let me know if you want them :lol:)

Happy driving and enjoy this one as well :cheers:

Last edited:
This race is such crap. I used the lowest PP Elise available, no tuning at all and added full ballast to it, something like 300PP and slaughtered the competition. I guess I'm going to need 200PP to make a 450PP race competitive.

This race is such crap. I used the lowest PP Elise available, no tuning at all and added full ballast to it, something like 300PP and slaughtered the competition. I guess I'm going to need 200PP to make a 450PP race competitive.

Full ballast brings PP down to 369PP, which makes winning childs play. Reducing Power to 50% makes it 300PP. Winning is a bit more difficult then ;)
Still it's not the same as using a 302PP Stock car, e.g. Audi A2 ;)

If it's no fun, why bother :confused:

The other races are better for sure, or try the TTs :cheers:

Love my little MiTo 1.4 Sport @ 400 PP on comfort softs. 59 second laps. Yeh I could have used something different with less power, I just wanted this one out of the way so that I can get to learn Silverstone and love it like I did Ascari. I really appreciate @AlexAlien post above. To quote without the other stuff "If it's not fun why bother :confused: "

Attachments

• 20170629_163927[1].jpg
    20170629_163927[1].jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 16
Reducing Power to 50% makes it 300PP. Winning is a bit more difficult then ;)
Still it's not the same as using a 302PP Stock car, e.g. Audi A2 ;)

Yeah, forgot to mention that I reduced power to 50%. My issue is with the field, they should be much faster than they are, it's like they're sand-bagging until you get in front, then you have a race on your hands. Hang back and pass at the last corner and you're golden every time.

Yeah, forgot to mention that I reduced power to 50%. My issue is with the field, they should be much faster than they are, it's like they're sand-bagging until you get in front, then you have a race on your hands. Hang back and pass at the last corner and you're golden every time.

Slaughtering the field at 300PP is unlikely, although you might be much faster than me ;)

@UltimateLurker are you failing to realize it's the beginners race?

Well said - AI is on roadblock level for Beginner, so challenge is going around them, not racing them ;)

Racing AI is a weak point in this game anyhow, but that's another topic - on Intermediate and Expert level it can happen and be fun :)

@Racin510s - thanks my friend, have fun at Silverstone :cheers:

I double checked again last night, I moved the slider all the way to the left, but it didn't save! So I was at full power (no wonder I was beating them so easily). What a relief, now I get to try the race at half power!

Thought so ;)

At 60% power i was able to win, with 200kg at pos 0, 50% was too low, didn't try inbetween.
Edit: All other settings on default, only ABS1 as aid, which is not really needed either.

Will concentrate on the Lotus event at Spa, trying to get into the 1:45 club :)

Have fun :cheers:

Edit: Horrible driving this morning with the Lotus :banghead:, so came back here for some relaxation with the Elise '11 :). Managed a win with 310PP (55.6% Power, 200kg@0, no aids), braking only 3 times the whole race :lol:

Last edited:
We've got this little competition going on to see who can get the lowest PP cars to win at the Suzuka circuit (in the seasonal events), it's not so much on the time it's more focused on PP, one with the lowest PP wins. So far PP318 Honda Civic (EG6) is the one to beat can you go lower and still win the race?

We've got this little competition going on to see who can get the lowest PP cars to win at the Suzuka circuit (in the seasonal events), it's not so much on the time it's more focused on PP, one with the lowest PP wins. So far PP318 Honda Civic (EG6) is the one to beat can you go lower and still win the race?

Do the cars have to be completely stock (ALL settings default) or do you only care about the PP ? EDIT: As there is no Honda Civic at 318PP i assume that is not the case!

So lowest PP for now should be 310PP with a Lotus Elise with all settings on default, except Power @ 55.6%, and 200kg weight @ 0, with no driving aids (would you allow TC, ABS or even SRF in your challenge?). I'm using a Wheel and MT btw.

Last edited:
Do the cars have to be completely stock (ALL settings default) or do you only care about the PP ? EDIT: As there is no Honda Civic at 318PP i assume that is not the case!

So lowest PP for now should be 310PP with a Lotus Elise with all settings on default, except Power @ 55.6%, and 200kg weight @ 0, with no driving aids (would you allow TC, ABS or even SRF in your challenge?). I'm using a Wheel and MT btw.

TBH we've been doing it so your are able to tune the car, as I did with the Vitz '12 PP was @ 325, & bhp @ 89, I was able to go flat out around the twisty sections (in fourth gear) and overtake/undertake with ease, so now I need to go lower in order to beat everyone else.
So with that in mind I may give that Lotus Elise a go and see how I do.

I've recently won the Suzuka challenge with the Nissan Skyline 1500 Deluxe (S50D-1) with just PP300 this being the lowest PP in our competition.

Not bad considering it only has 77bhp and weighing in at 960kg.

TBH it was a lot of fun doing this challenge.

Won this one with my VW Bus, my 66 Beetle and my 68 Karmann Ghia. I was going to try a few more but I don't have a lot of low PP cars. I hope that ya'll are having fun seeing who can win with the lowest PP. I might get in on this later. Personally I'l be glad when these 3 are over. Have fun everyone :cheers:

I've recently won the Suzuka challenge with the Nissan Skyline 1500 Deluxe (S50D-1) with just PP300 this being the lowest PP in our competition.

Not bad considering it only has 77bhp and weighing in at 960kg.

TBH it was a lot of fun doing this challenge.

@JDM Jeff you beat me by 1PP, I will have to give this another go today!!

Back