A-spec Expert Level British Lightweights: Brands Hatch GP Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 214 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Expert Level British Lightweights: Brands Hatch GP Circuit

03_brands-jpg.264934

Image courtesy of JogoAsobi .. Many Thanks.

Period of Availability: 27/11/2014 - 11/12/2014, 03:00 GMT/UTC

Event Conditions:
Type: Single Race
Start Procedure: Rolling Start
Duration: 5 Laps

Entry Requirements:
PP: 520 or less
Tyres: Sports Hard or less
Categories: Normal Car
Weight: 1200kg or less
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr.118,000
Silver: Cr.70,800
Bronze: Cr.59,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT GREY 007-N paint chip.

Track Conditions:
Track: Brands Hatch GP Circuit
Track Length: 2.43 miles / 3911 m
Time of day: **:**
Temp: **ºc
Precipitation: 0%

Typical Opponents:
Lotus Elise 111R '04
Lotus Europa S.2 '68
Marcos Mini Marcos GT '70

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Not everybody is going to find hitting 129 mph at the entrance to Hawthorns Bend (corner 5) easy though.

Papp does.

Took a 400 PP Elise 111R /133 hp - and got mauled. Came in 7th. Must try again after hp boost - but for now - off to the Japanese 90s. Small cars, rabid rabbits, and lots of fun.

Good luck, experts! We need to nail those rabbit hides to the wall.

Last edited:
Remember last week's Rocket time trial? If you can get that gold time five laps in a row with 100 fewer PP and AI cars who weigh twice as much as you do ramming into you, then you might actually get to see the rabbit Rocket before the end of the race... :v Seriously, the Rocket is nasty; he has about a one minute head start, and it looks like you'd have to run laps in the low 1:3x.xxx range to catch him. Hopefully there's an alternate rabbit for this one.

Oh yeah there's an alternate a 7 fireblade, it is only 560PP stock. 1:45's get you a lump of coal & a fifth place finish...
The 7 Fireblade is a much easier rabbit to catch... If it's a rocket quit & come back till he goes away...

Last edited:
I might have to keep running this event until I get the aforementioned Rocket rabbit.. My 490pp Evora seemed embarrassingly fast against the competition, 30pp under the maximum allowed.
It almost seems like the max. PP for all the new seasonal is 100PP over what it should be!?!

I got my 500pp Elise '11 to come second by 0.228 to the rocket :banghead: My lap times were mostly 1:36's with the last lap being a 1:35....

Here we go for round 2

I gave up. Tried the Lotus Evora bet it first try with laps of 1:38

Last edited:
Got the fireblade rabbit, used the rocket. Too easy really, was lapping the tailenders at the start of lap 5. The Japanese beginners one is a blast, although with the 22-b coup, I was lapping slowpokes on the last lap. All the seasonals cars need to be toned right down to be competitive.

Took a run in my Spitfire at 480pp. Bows and arrows against the lightning - 5th and 1:12 behind the Rocket :lol:

Last edited:
Took me my TVR T350C '03
Helll of a race, got the fireblade and the rocket as rabbits.
Did 2 restarts because i messed up some laps untill i found the right lines and no penalties in this one.
3rd race i got them, only made two messy laps, average laptime 1:34.800/1:34.444
This was a fun event, i needed to concentrate.

shot0003.png
shot0004.png
_TVR T350C '03_normal_by_DDDSprayshop.jpg

Did it with Praiano's new Tuscan Speed 6. Fantastic car to drive on hard tyres, just the right combination of speed and slipperyness round the corners. Beat the Rocket by 3 hundredths of a second - phew! :)

I did it with the Elise 111r i had to fully tune it to have a chance against the LCC,
But i did it by 2seconds...
Was tight race and car was hard to drive specially at braking and exit of corners.
My laptimes were around mid 1.34 or low 1.35

Tuscan and a detuned McLaren F1 isnt too hard to get to 2nd but 1st looks like an everest situation if you need to get sub 1.35s yeesh

Expert AI for PD is one which starts 1 minute ahead of you :P

I've tried this challenge first with the McLaren MP4. I did 1:36 per lap and lost for the Rocket.
Then, I tried with the Rocket itself. I did 1:38 per lap and lost for the Rocket again.
Next, I tried with the Tuscan Speed 6 with Praiano tune. I did 1:38 per lap again, but there was no Rocket, so I win.

So, to win this simply max up any brit car and avoid the Rocket.

Cheers.

I guess if you're lucky enough not to get the Rocket as an opponent then it's quite easy in a decent car. Just quit out of the race and retry until the random cars exclude the Rocket.

Wasnt expecting that rocket to be in there. So pathetic that an unmodified rocket is over the PP limit. :banghead:

Wasnt expecting that rocket to be in there. So pathetic that an unmodified rocket is over the PP limit. :banghead:
With poor AI they cannot win for losing. The Rocket is the only way to make this a challenge. Anything less is too easy for even a 450pp car.

Alright 11th place! Ran a factory fresh '68 Europa in that cool retro orangish yellow color. No oil change or easy peasy driver aids. Cool low rider cockpit cam. Used CH Tires and my driver added 75kg in ballast. 79 whopping Lotus hp @ 699kg!

Passed the 12th place Mini Marcos (lovely bright green) on a daring move lap 1. Caught the 10th place Elan (my cousin car) on lap 3 and battled him to the finish, never could make a clean pass. We both were lapped on lap 4 by that speed demon Rocket, boo.

Going back for more. So close to 10th, I can taste it.

ive tryed this twice now

first time was with my Elise '96 with 207bhp and 640kgs, got second but finished a full 12 seconds behind, then thought ok then, ill try the rocket and lowered it to max 520pp and ended up with 167bhp at stock weight and came 2nd again but finished 14 seconds behind. im not liking this one at all.

ive tryed this twice now

first time was with my Elise '96 with 207bhp and 640kgs, got second but finished a full 12 seconds behind, then thought ok then, ill try the rocket and lowered it to max 520pp and ended up with 167bhp at stock weight and came 2nd again but finished 14 seconds behind. im not liking this one at all.
Is your rocket tuned in suspension and transmission?

Which rabbit did you have?

Latest Posts

Back