A-spec Expert Level British Lightweights: Brands Hatch GP Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 214 comments
Awesome tune to catch the rocket rabbit. Was fun to drive. My first attempt I messed up on couple corners was nowhere near. but got him the second attempt. Used ds3, just got to know what to do on certain corners. Any body got an Evora tune to try.

Used my beloved TVR Griffith 500 '94. Just make sure Rocket is not on the lineup!

Thanks for giving me a challenge in trying to have the TVR Griffith 500 '94 beat the Rocket! I'm getting closer in time to having a chance. If only I could shave off four seconds...

Snapshot_20141130_162316.jpg

Awesome tune to catch the rocket rabbit. Was fun to drive. My first attempt I messed up on couple corners was nowhere near. but got him the second attempt. Used ds3, just got to know what to do on certain corners. Any body got an Evora tune to try.

Try my tune. It's far from perfect, but I ran an 8:55 with it. WARNING - Brake early and feather the gas or you will lose control and/or spin out. See the attachment pictures for my ridiculous tune. I also added a custom "small" spoiler and shortened it two notches in height and in length.

ABS - 1
TC - 1
Using wheel with automatic transmission.

Look how fast the Rocket ran against me!

Snapshot_20141130_191322.jpg
Snapshot_20141130_191805.jpg

Attachments

• Snapshot_20141130_191449.jpg
    Snapshot_20141130_191449.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Snapshot_20141130_191525.jpg
    Snapshot_20141130_191525.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 11
  • Snapshot_20141130_191546.jpg
    Snapshot_20141130_191546.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Snapshot_20141130_191609.jpg
    Snapshot_20141130_191609.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Snapshot_20141130_191634.jpg
    Snapshot_20141130_191634.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 11
I used @praiano63's Lotus Elise 111R '04 tune for base + power to 520PP.
No wing, 0 ABS/ no driving aids, H-shifter & clutch, heel/toe for rev matching.

Managed to catch the Rocket just before last turn on L5. :)
I did blow one shift (into neutral) just prior to last turn on L1. :lol:

Clean passes, no bumping. T500/TH8RS H-shifter.
Paid credits for heel-toe practice, great fun! :dopey:

You make look so easy :lol:

Edit: I do speak English, but my iPhone must have dropped the "it."

Last edited:
So first attempt was with my trusty Tuscan Speed 6 514PP getting Gold in 9:08.365 ahead of an Elise 111R by 13secs. Quit & entered again to find the Fireblade & Rocket but still Golded in 8:58.768 only 1.396 ahead of the Rocket with Fireblade 26secs behind. Then jumped in my 427 S/C 520PP Golding in 9:03.825 ahead of the Rocket by 0.974secs (no Fireblade). What next? Esprit Sport 350 perhaps? Times don't seem to make sense, so not sure how/why I get the same AI driving the Rocket to varying standards...
image.jpg

Last edited:
Thkx
DisabledRacer
Good Tune ;)

Done!
You're welcome!

I tried one car last night that I forgot about trying earlier and ended up running an 8:58 on my 2nd try on a setup that I guessed with. The Lotus Esprit Sport 350 '00 was a lot easier to drive than the Lotus Evora. It also felt heavier and slower, but with a better tuner and driver than myself, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone run a low 8:50's or higher 8:40's. Surprisingly, the Lotus Esprit 350 was more neutral in handling compared to the Evora. Feel free to tweak my basic tune and post your results.

This car was tuned with ABS 1 and TC 1 using a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel with an automatic transmission. I also used a custom "small" spoiler that I decreased a couple notches in both height and length.

Esprit350_Standings.jpg
Esprit_350_Car.jpg

Attachments

• Esprit350_Power.jpg
    Esprit350_Power.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Esprit350_Body.jpg
    Esprit350_Body.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Esprit350_Drivetrain.jpg
    Esprit350_Drivetrain.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Esprit350_Transmission.jpg
    Esprit350_Transmission.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Esprit350_Suspension.jpg
    Esprit350_Suspension.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 10
You're welcome!

I tried one car last night that I forgot about trying earlier and ended up running an 8:58 on my 2nd try on a setup that I guessed with. The Lotus Esprit Sport 350 '00 was a lot easier to drive than the Lotus Evora. It also felt heavier and slower, but with a better tuner and driver than myself, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone run a low 8:50's or higher 8:40's. Surprisingly, the Lotus Esprit 350 was more neutral in handling compared to the Evora. Feel free to tweak my basic tune and post your results.

This car was tuned with ABS 1 and TC 1 using a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel with an automatic transmission. I also used a custom "small" spoiler that I decreased a couple notches in both height and length.

View attachment 265871 View attachment 265872
I will try your tune and see how it goes.

Try my tune. It's far from perfect, but I ran an 8:55 with it. WARNING - Brake early and feather the gas or you will lose control and/or spin out. See the attachment pictures for my ridiculous tune. I also added a custom "small" spoiler and shortened it two notches in height and in length.

ABS - 1
TC - 1
Using wheel with automatic transmission.

Look how fast the Rocket ran against me!

View attachment 265291 View attachment 265292

Great tune, was 0.449 behind the rocket at finish line, bumped in to a couple of lotuses on the way. But stiffened up the suspension a tiny bit and raised the drive train just a Lil bit then took the rocket. Nice tune tho thanks.

Having some fun with this one. First race was with VX220, wiped the floor with V.Costa and his Fireblade. Second race I tried Tuscan Speed 6 and the game decided that my rabbit should be the Esprit Turbo HC. Won that by over 40 seconds.

At this point I became overconfident and tuned a Mini Marcos GT to max. And the responce was that I got to race against the Rocket and the Fireblade at the same time. Did manage 2nd place but was still 16 seconds short of beating the Rocket.

Fourth race again with VX220 and got the same rabbit as before, the Fireblade, and beat him again.

Still there was one thing to do and that was to beat D.Papp in his Rocket. Didn't want to use the Rocket myself so I decided to go searching for him in my Tuscan Speed 6 since it seemed to be the best candidate for beating the toughest rabbit. This is what happened:

tuscan.jpg

Absolutely brilliant car for this track. I didn't alter the setup, just installed all the parts available and it was capable of 1:33.x lap times straight away.

Having some fun with this one.

I bet. You sure know how to. :) 👍

First race was with VX220, wiped the floor with V.Costa and his Fireblade. Second race I tried Tuscan Speed 6 and the game decided that my rabbit should be the Esprit Turbo HC. Won that by over 40 seconds.

I have every TVR in the game - including the 2 Tuscans. I have been waiting impatiently to try them out at Brands but can't get away from Italy. Must go to England soon! :D

At this point I became overconfident and tuned a Mini Marcos GT to max. And the responce was that I got to race against the Rocket and the Fireblade at the same time. Did manage 2nd place but was still 16 seconds short of beating the Rocket.

You'll find eventually that it's not so much the car you input that can influence what field pops up, but your last overall timing at the same event. I have experimented on this hundreds of times. A caveat - it's a game. Game devs are unpredictable.
To get 2nd place in a Marcos was still a blast - I'd do it over and over, even getting only 2nd - just to thrash that thing against the other cars. A podium finish can feel good - especially in a weaker car.

Still there was one thing to do and that was to beat D.Papp in his Rocket. Didn't want to use the Rocket myself . . . .

To use a Rocket and win is a tremendous piece of driving - let alone the actual racing involved through traffic programmed to keep you in line or take you out. The Rocket's (or Papp' s :D ) actual lap times are dismal - which is why Mr. Papp is given almost a minute's head-start. To drive a similar Rocket against him and win would be phenomenal - you would be beating a known (therefore deemed possible) real world lap time (whether someone's gold or silver time devs only knows (sic) :lol: placed mathematically in there to force you to match it (or beat it) at the finish line.
I've tried this event about half dozen times when it first came out (just a quick check really because I was hungry for Italian and now I'm still stuck there for one reason or another - wish these events are held on for longer, but those who find it 'easy' would only too quickly clamour for more.) Stock Elise 111R was the first choice, at 50%, then 100%, the latter for a podium. Then the Esprit for a not-too-difficult 2nd. All against Papp.
Since I now had his attention, having shown him I could sniff his ass close enough to judge whether he'd been a good boy, he keeps coming up in every race, so I take out a Green Rocket stashed in my Garage (bought more for reasons of obsessive compulsive collecting than for use) take it out with the pack and I'm tingling to the sound - this is one helluva wail-machine. I'm loving it. It feels so retro - looks, sound . . . and this thing is fast, but the handicap is too great. I could never get that close to Papp as I could in the Esprit, for instance, in this.
Retired and went bought a new Rocket and painted it red (just to confuse Papp. :mischievous: ) My red is better than his anyway.
Also played around with the ballast and PP - this thing has no horses - but then again it's a featherweight.
Took the new Red Rocket out (My red rocket :cool: ) and came in 2nd. So there is a challenge hidden in here. Ours to unravel the puzzle, then solve it.
Must schedule appointment with Papp again, hope he pops up first when I go in and not make me race a bunch of Lotus. Then again - that's instant credits. Maybe if that happens I'll just keep hitting 'Retry' and farm a couple of M. :boggled:

so I decided to go searching for him in my Tuscan Speed 6 since it seemed to be the best candidate for beating the toughest rabbit. This is what happened:

View attachment 265966

Absolutely brilliant car for this track. I didn't alter the setup, just installed all the parts available and it was capable of 1:33.x lap times straight away.

:bowdown:

You nailed Papp's hide to the wall with that one.

Good work! :cheers: That wascally wabbit . . . . :lol:

Now THIS:

. . . must be the fastest Papp has ever driven. So far.

Last edited:
cmt
So first attempt was with my trusty Tuscan Speed 6 514PP getting Gold in 9:08.365 ahead of an Elise 111R by 13secs. Quit & entered again to find the Fireblade & Rocket but still Golded in 8:58.768 only 1.396 ahead of the Rocket with Fireblade 26secs behind. Then jumped in my 427 S/C 520PP Golding in 9:03.825 ahead of the Rocket by 0.974secs (no Fireblade). What next? Esprit Sport 350 perhaps? Times don't seem to make sense, so not sure how/why I get the same AI driving the Rocket to varying standards...
View attachment 265772
So yes the Esprit Sport 350 520PP was a great choice for the next attempt with an 8:52.304 despite a few errors to thrash Papp in his Rocket by 3.856secs & my best winning margin yet with the Fireblade 23.894secs further back. What next...???

Just wanted to update my list then I will be out of everyone's hair. :)

List of cars than can win against the Rocket (Only suspension, trans, and LSD upgrades were added and then tuned. Weight reduction/power limiter when necessary to meet race specs) Only ABS 1 used. No oil change or any other power upgrades were added. No aero parts.

1. AC Cars 427 S/C '66
2. Lotus Esprit V8 '02
3. TVR Griffith 500 '94
4. TVR Tamora '02
5. TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
6. Lotus Evora '09
7. Lotus Esprit Sport 350 '00
8. Light Car Company Rocket '07
9. Lotus Elise 111R '04

I've tried with the Rocket, a Europa Special, the TVR Tamora and the Elise 111R.

Won with the Rocket and the Elise with the latter of the two averaging 1:34 laps--much faster than the other cars tested.

Edit: PS. I don't drive standard cars unless absolutely necessary.

Last edited:
What colour are the brake callipers on that Esprit? Looks cool!
Just managed 8:52 with an Esprit V8 '02. Messed up a lot of braking points, going to try again.
EDIT: 8:49.746

I looked it up for you since I couldn't remember. The calipers are Gran Turismo blau. Esprit Paint.jpg

Add the Lotus Elise Sport 190 '98 to the list of cars that can beat the Rocket.

Elise Sport 190 '98 Standings.jpg

Add the Lotus Europa S.2 '68 and the Jaguar E-TYPE Coupe '61 to the list of cars that can win in a non Rocket field.

Europa S.2 '68 Standings.jpg

E-TYPE Coupe '61 Standings.jpg

Add the "MIGHTY" 474 PP, Vauxhall Tigra 1.6i '99 to the list of cars that can win against a non Rocket field! Who else even tried this car? Anybody?

Vauxhall Tigra 1.6i '99 Standings.jpg

Vauxhall Tigra 1.6i '99 Car.jpg

I bet. You sure know how to. :) 👍

I have every TVR in the game - including the 2 Tuscans. I have been waiting impatiently to try them out at Brands but can't get away from Italy. Must go to England soon! :D

You'll find eventually that it's not so much the car you input that can influence what field pops up, but your last overall timing at the same event. I have experimented on this hundreds of times. A caveat - it's a game. Game devs are unpredictable.
To get 2nd place in a Marcos was still a blast - I'd do it over and over, even getting only 2nd - just to thrash that thing against the other cars. A podium finish can feel good - especially in a weaker car.

To use a Rocket and win is a tremendous piece of driving - let alone the actual racing involved through traffic programmed to keep you in line or take you out. The Rocket's (or Papp' s :D ) actual lap times are dismal - which is why Mr. Papp is given almost a minute's head-start. To drive a similar Rocket against him and win would be phenomenal - you would be beating a known (therefore deemed possible) real world lap time (whether someone's gold or silver time devs only knows (sic) :lol: placed mathematically in there to force you to match it (or beat it) at the finish line.
I've tried this event about half dozen times when it first came out (just a quick check really because I was hungry for Italian and now I'm still stuck there for one reason or another - wish these events are held on for longer, but those who find it 'easy' would only too quickly clamour for more.) Stock Elise 111R was the first choice, at 50%, then 100%, the latter for a podium. Then the Esprit for a not-too-difficult 2nd. All against Papp.
Since I now had his attention, having shown him I could sniff his ass close enough to judge whether he'd been a good boy, he keeps coming up in every race, so I take out a Green Rocket stashed in my Garage (bought more for reasons of obsessive compulsive collecting than for use) take it out with the pack and I'm tingling to the sound - this is one helluva wail-machine. I'm loving it. It feels so retro - looks, sound . . . and this thing is fast, but the handicap is too great. I could never get that close to Papp as I could in the Esprit, for instance, in this.
Retired and went bought a new Rocket and painted it red (just to confuse Papp. :mischievous: ) My red is better than his anyway.
Also played around with the ballast and PP - this thing has no horses - but then again it's a featherweight.
Took the new Red Rocket out (My red rocket :cool: ) and came in 2nd. So there is a challenge hidden in here. Ours to unravel the puzzle, then solve it.
Must schedule appointment with Papp again, hope he pops up first when I go in and not make me race a bunch of Lotus. Then again - that's instant credits. Maybe if that happens I'll just keep hitting 'Retry' and farm a couple of M. :boggled:

:bowdown:

You nailed Papp's hide to the wall with that one.

Good work! :cheers: That wascally wabbit . . . . :lol:

Now THIS:

. . . must be the fastest Papp has ever driven. So far.

Thanks for the kind words. I try to avoid the most popular cars used whenever I can. I just like to challenge myself to use something a bit more unusual. And also I like to test cars that I haven't driven before.

Nice work on the analysis you are making. I'm also keen on discovering how things work. I'm just a bit behind you on the observations. It wasn't until this British seasonal that I noticed that it is always same driver driving the same car. 💡

I just thought that the guy driving the Enzo at Ascari was an exception..

Back