A-spec Expert Level European Hot Hatch Race: Circuito de Madrid / Reverse

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 101 comments
Hurting the hand how?
What I detected in my case was that the muscle that handles my thumb was getting cramped. I managed to reduce that with some exercise and mild massages. Cramped muscles are a tricky thing, because the pain sometimes irradiate to wide areas making it harder to locate the its source .
Most of the time your muscles get cramped when you do some repetitive tasks. Rest your hands every hour or 40 minutes and do other stuff, like opening and closing your fists several times. In my case it helps to prevent spasms and cramps.

As for the rabbits, so far I had seen the Mégane RS Trophy and the 135i Coupé.
I have in my sights for tune candidates the A3, the BMW Concept 1 (the ones that looks like a 135i on steroids), but I'd like to test the Peugeot 206 variants first. Alas Im getting the vibe that the A3 and the Concept 1 would not need any tune to win :odd:
Obviously, the Fiat 500 is on that list too, but I´m dubious as the Autobianchi A115 could not achieve the acceleration needed to conquer the rabbits.
OH! there are those turbo versions, the Renault R5 and the peugeot that I want to try them so bad!
I really wanted to the old beetle and my Karmann ghia to be allowed in this :irked:

Hi Ish thanks for the tips. This has been going on since I ran the Ring about 40 times. I keep resting, I have muscle relaxers but I'm sure it's just age catching up with me. I have hand exercisers I use everyday. I was a mechanic for 40+ years and my hands have been through the wringer. I just over did it. Trial Mountain doesn't bother me. I believe it's all the turns at Madrid. I steer with the D-pad and use R1 for gas and R2 for brake and my right had keeps the DS3 stable. I finall found my racing gloves last night. I'm going to try them and see if they help. I had a special pair of gloves that I used to use but can't find them since the move. I am having way too much fun at Trial Mountain. I've won the Madrid race a few times so I'll just take my time. I really appreciate your input and concern. Thank you my friend.👍👍:cheers:

Stock Elise 111R and put on CS tires and TCS to 0.

440 PP and the thing flies!

image.jpeg

BMW 135 in P4. He crashed.

Last edited:
this was a long shot but I almost have the tune right. My hand is in ice right now. but I have a few more tweaks and this car will be a winner and one nobody would of considered. I screwed up one turn which I think was what cost me the win. I am going to win against either the Megane or the 135i since they seem to be the rabbits. No power parts at all. Just tranny, susp, LSD, driveshaft, triple clutch and race brakes. Give me another day or so and I'll post a win.

Attachments

• 20180117_162832[1].jpg
    20180117_162832[1].jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
You can use the '66 beetle.
is that so!?!? :mischievous: [maniacal laughter intensifies]
Well, the Beetle 1100 didn cut it, the 5 gear box and the 425 pp just dont do it. But I am not complianing, I learned a lot and refined my old tune with my experiments.
so here you are:
VW Beetle 1200, 450pp own frankenstein tune
BEETLE_1200_MADRID_450pp01.jpg

So this was the best I could get without rabbits, its not that I disrespect the 147 GTA, but I had the need for more cowbell
BEETLE_1200_MADRID_450pp02.jpg
The planets aligned, the cereal tasted just right, and I found some nice slipstreaming oportunities!!
The time was far better, but I guess I'm missing something because I could not get more from my gearbox tunning ventures. But I'm quite satisfied with the car.

OH! lets not forget this jewel!
VW Karmann Ghia, 450pp own tune (suspension lent from the old Beetle tune)
Karmann_MADRID_450pp01.jpg

The Scirocco crashed against the hairpin in the 4th lap...
OH the Karmann, such work of art :bowdown:
I am working on beetle but not done with the tune.
I'm really eager to see that tune!!! 👍

Before I go, I always love to see the old Beetle 1100 burnin' some rubber
BEETLE_1200_MADRID_450pp03.jpg

Last edited:
is that so!?!? :mischievous: [maniacal laughter intensifies]
Well, the Beetle 1100 didn cut it, the 5 gear box and the 425 pp just dont do it. But I am not complianing, I learned a lot and refined my old tune with my experiments.
so here you are:
VW Beetle 1200, 450pp own frankenstein tune
View attachment 707243
So this was the best I could get without rabbits, its not that I disrespect the 147 GTA, but I had the need for more cowbell
View attachment 707244The planets aligned, the cereal tasted just right, and I found some nice slipstreaming oportunities!!
The time was far better, but I guess I'm missing something because I could not get more from my gearbox tunning ventures. But I'm quite satisfied with the car.

OH! lets not forget this jewel!
VW Karmann Ghia, 450pp own tune (suspension lent from the old Beetle tune)
View attachment 707245
The Scirocco crashed against the hairpin in the 4th lap...
OH the Karmann, such work of art :bowdown:

I'm really eager to see that tune!!! 👍

Before I go, I always love to see the old Beetle 1100 burnin' some rubber
View attachment 707248
Are you not sticking around when gt6 goes offline

Are you not sticking around when gt6 goes offline
If that was a question, I guess I will playing it, but I dont know about how much time will I dedicate to it, since I have a PC and PS3 backlog, like the Yakuza 5 that I bought at the holiday week 5 offer.
Im really putting much more time now into GT6 because I want to fully savour it while it lasts and I dont have plans to buy a PS4 on the near future, as my PC is still standing in good shape to play the latest games.
What I like most about GT6 is that its giving me some skills that I can apply at other games and even at real life, so every minute you invest in it will have some kind of reward, and that is not something that you can say about most games as, for example, I dont think I could be kicking arses and managing a japanese hostess bar at any time in the future :D
I am sad that they are killing the servers, and I heard of the AI hub. That sounds like a good option to extend GT6's life!

If that was a question, I guess I will playing it, but I dont know about how much time will I dedicate to it, since I have a PC and PS3 backlog, like the Yakuza 5 that I bought at the holiday week 5 offer.
Im really putting much more time now into GT6 because I want to fully savour it while it lasts and I dont have plans to buy a PS4 on the near future, as my PC is still standing in good shape to play the latest games.
What I like most about GT6 is that its giving me some skills that I can apply at other games and even at real life, so every minute you invest in it will have some kind of reward, and that is not something that you can say about most games as, for example, I dont think I could be kicking arses and managing a japanese hostess bar at any time in the future :D
I am sad that they are killing the servers, and I heard of the AI hub. That sounds like a good option to extend GT6's life!
@photonrider is working on the new events for the AI HUB as we speak so they should be up soon. Come and give it a go and see what you think.

@photonrider is working on the new events for the AI HUB as we speak so they should be up soon. Come and give it a go and see what you think.

Just posted 5 new events at the HUB (check OP) - but a lot more to come - including 2 events that carry REAL prizes ( a year's subscription to Premium Membership at GTPlanet and a Prize Pack of Hotwheels cars.)

Now here's a thought to consider carefully:

When we play Seasonals races - we don't actually play online. In fact, after you enter a Seasonals race your internet can be cut off but you can still continue to play the Seasonal.
The Seasonals are actually 'mini DLCs' - additional content given to us by PD to boost the content we already have in our Career Mode.
When the content is repeated then that only serves to give those who missed a chance to play that additional (temp) content a chance to play it or those who want to play it again play it again.
A player actually plays alone (against the AI.)
You are not racing in 'real-time' against other players - that happens in online lobbies.

It is an illusion to believe that when you play a Seasonal race you are actually playing 'online' against other 'real' players online.
The only competition there is 'online' is when players come into nowcontrol's threads at GTPlanet and compare times or performances or when they participate in arranged competitions at the HUB - and it makes no difference as to if we are using races from GT6's Career Mode or races from 'additional temporary content' provided by PD.

When PD takes the Seasonals off the Board - that's all they will be doing (taking the additional temporary content they provide - now merely repetitions - off the Board) - but we still have a huge amount of events in Career Mode that can be used to provide a competitive base (for GTPlanet members) within which members can compete using GTPlanet's resources that bring the GT6 racing community together.

Far more of an impact than the Seasonals going 'offline' is the impact caused to players who actually play online via lobbies.

So, I was buying cars tu burn all the money aquired from the seasonal.
Then, I remembered that I had never gave a chance to the IBIZA CUPRA.
Never been a big fan of the brand, some of the cars designs I dont really comprehend, but. we have an european hot hatch seasonal going on, Spain is in Europe, the car is cheap, nothing to lose...

SEAT IBIZA CUPRA 450pp
SEAT_IBIZA_CUPRA_450pp01.jpg

Fastest Lap 1:37.131
SEAT_IBIZA_CUPRA_450pp02.jpg

This thing is a 🤬 beast at handling.
Even with the default Racing Hard suspension, weight reduction, racing brakes, custom LSD, High RPM turbo, a LVL3 engine upgrade and a transimission flip if I remember correctly I got 1:38:800 and something on the first try, while the fastest lap on any car of this seasonals I had was around 1:39:200 after several races on the MiTo
After the addition of the customized suspension and screwing around with weight distribution, I decided that no added weight was the way to go. Yeah, it made the car a little harder to maneuver, but gave me good acceleration and most important, nice braking.
Maybe sometime I will return to the Ibiza, I had many experiments to run on other cars, but do not let the brand fool you, The Seat Ibiza Cupra is one hell of a car. Give it a chance you will not regret it! 👍

I hate to admit it,:banghead: but I just can't win with the Lotus Carlton. I chose it due to the fact that it was a hot car at the time. It would give the Benz 190 E a run for the money, but it's just to heavy for Madrid. I had been doing my own tuning and thought I finally had it but it just doesn't have the horsepower to overcome the weight at 450 PP. Still the fastest car I've run is the '04 Elise 111 R.
I found out today what was wrong with my hand. I fell several days ago and jammed my right thumb. It was causing the muscles between my thumb and forefinger to spasm. My chiropractor fixed it today, but I have to still ice it and rest it till Sunday. I can still run Trial Mountain but the number of turns at Madrid aggravate it too much. Glad I still have plenty of time though. I have several cars to use.

Doing an Alfa Romeo challenge in the AI HUB, trying to find the quickest one so far it's the 147 GTA '02.
IMAG0092.jpg

I hate to admit it,:banghead: but I just can't win with the Lotus Carlton. I chose it due to the fact that it was a hot car at the time. It would give the Benz 190 E a run for the money, but it's just to heavy for Madrid. I had been doing my own tuning and thought I finally had it but it just doesn't have the horsepower to overcome the weight at 450 PP. Still the fastest car I've run is the '04 Elise 111 R.
I found out today what was wrong with my hand. I fell several days ago and jammed my right thumb. It was causing the muscles between my thumb and forefinger to spasm. My chiropractor fixed it today, but I have to still ice it and rest it till Sunday. I can still run Trial Mountain but the number of turns at Madrid aggravate it too much. Glad I still have plenty of time though. I have several cars to use.
If your still OK to do trial mountain try and get your closest time to 9 minutes post on the AI HUB.

Last edited:
I will miss the money online seasonals pay.

I played GT5 completely offline for the whole game before I downloaded any DLC.
It was extremely difficult to make money but wasn't impossible. I did this to prove to myself that GT5 could be played as a 'stand-alone' video game independent of any internet connection.
When the final DLC was announced I then upgraded the game fully and it was a whole different game.
It was like I played one game - and then was given a whole new game - and I can tell you that making credits when one has an internet connection and PD is throwing credits at the players is a whole different game.
And not much of a challenge.
The whole story is detailed in some thread buried in the GT5 Forums now.
The good news, however, is that with B-Spec Bob working for you it will still be effortless at making credits. And you get to watch races while sipping a brewski. :sly:

Circuito De Madrid. Lotus Esprit Turbo HC. P1 Renault Sport Clio V6. Tune by me. Fast lap 1:40.013. Pass for the win on lap 5 over the Clio V6 at Bolsa De Madrid. Winning margin 03.145. Again thank you @Racin510s for another great idea. Still working on the tune for the old 66 Beetle @ishikawa2501

Sir - I am going to miss your posts.
Your driving is flawless and professional and we were lucky to have someone of your caliber at this forum.
I actually stopped hitting the 'like' button on your posts because it would seem like I was hitting the like button on every post you made.
Consider every video of yours 'liked' - even though it doesn't officially show that count. 👍👍

I played GT5 completely offline for the whole game before I downloaded any DLC.
It was extremely difficult to make money but wasn't impossible. I did this to prove to myself that GT5 could be played as a 'stand-alone' video game independent of any internet connection.
When the final DLC was announced I then upgraded the game fully and it was a whole different game.
It was like I played one game - and then was given a whole new game - and I can tell you that making credits when one has an internet connection and PD is throwing credits at the players is a whole different game.
And not much of a challenge.
The whole story is detailed in some thread buried in the GT5 Forums now.
The good news, however, is that with B-Spec Bob working for you it will still be effortless at making credits. And you get to watch races while sipping a brewski. :sly:

Your driving is flawless and professional and we were lucky to have someone of your caliber at this forum.
I actually stopped hitting the 'like' button on your posts because it would seem like I was hitting the like button on every post you made.
Consider every video of yours 'liked' - even though it doesn't officially show that count. 👍👍
I too played GT5 only offline, as I didn't have internet then:ill:. But I did manage to buy every car in the game, it took ages.:eek:

GT6 is the only game I've played online.

All I remember from the GT5's B-mode is that I like it a lot better than GT6's one. One of my objectives was to put the IA to farm for me, but at some point I find it better to do it myself than to train the IA.
Maybe after the shutdown I will revisit B-mode

Damn right you are sir.
I think many of us are (some secretly) fans of @skeagracing 's videos. They are rightful textbook examples and go way beyond that. Those are references of clean driving and can give guidance for improving your times, finding the apexes (apices) on difficult curves, overtake techniques and more. At least a dozen of the videos will have you thinking: "wait, you can do that!?!?!?"
I had a calculus teacher that used to say (rough translation): "what you can see, you cant deny" , and that applies perfectly to describe these videos.

Trying to challenge myself on this one. I am tuning a Lancia Stratos and a Renault RS Turbo 80. The Stratos is wicked to drive in traffic but fast alone. I started by using my MR-S 99 tune and then started adjusting from there. It no longer resembles that very successful tune at all. The Renault is easy to drive with what is close to a stock suspension tune but I need to make it faster.

If I get too frustrated then I will grab my Elise to secure the win and then go back to tuning these. I wish the AI in the Single player was as fast and aggressive as these guys seem to be. I have literally had these guys put me in the fence while trying to pass on a straight or punt me when I try to ease the Stratos through a corner. Fun stuff!

At 73 years and an old man I am humbled by the comments on my race videos. Thank you so very much and wish only the best for all of you who work so very hard to perfect your race craft. You can never run too many laps or run too many race's as even today I learn from all of you every day.

Circuito De Madrid. RUF 3400S. P1 Clio V6 24V. Tune by me. Fast lap 1:38.103. Pass for the win over the Clio on lap 4 at Bolsa De Madrid. Winning margin 16.985.

At 73 years and an old man I am humbled by the comments on my race videos. Thank you so very much and wish only the best for all of you who work so very hard to perfect your race craft. You can never run too many laps or run too many race's as even today I learn from all of you every day.

Circuito De Madrid. RUF 3400S. P1 Clio V6 24V. Tune by me. Fast lap 1:38.103. Pass for the win over the Clio on lap 4 at Bolsa De Madrid. Winning margin 16.985.

My dear skeagracing - I've seen many double/triple and even quadruple posts in my time here but an octuple post (other than in the photo-forums) is actually a new one to me. :crazy:
I would, if I was you, self-report the duplicate posts; there must have been some glitch - either at your keyboard end or at the receiving end of GTPlanet.

:cheers:
H.

My dear skeagracing - I've seen many double/triple and even quadruple posts in my time here but an octuple post (other than in the photo-forums) is actually a new one to me. :crazy:
I would, if I was you, self-report the duplicate posts; there must have been some glitch - either at your keyboard end or at the receiving end of GTPlanet.

:cheers:
H.
My computer went crazy on me when I was posting this and I do not know how to fix it and just found out just now @photonrider. How can I fix this?? The internet in my area went down when I was trying to post this race.

Jordan fix it after I reported myself. Thank you for the suggestions!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Took the Sambabus for a spin around Madrid
View attachment 707815
View attachment 707816
And took the chequered flag first
View attachment 707817
View attachment 707818
All aids off or set to zero :cheers:

Jumping jungle bunnies @RMan72 what an amazing feat.:confused::confused::confused::confused: absolutely astounding. I'm struggling even with cars I know will win and you go out and win the the VW Bus. I know it's for real that you did this because I know your drivings skill. I've chased you long enough to know. I just had to say what a remarkable thing you have done. This should cause everyone's jaws drop to the floor.:bowdown:Not only did you win but +16 seconds above P2. This is a hall of fame run. I'd even venture to day that this has to be one of or even the best Seasonal race win I've seen since I joined :gtplanet:.

Circuito De Madrid. Lotus Carlton. P1 Golf 1V R32. Tune by @Racin510s . Pass for the win over the Golf 1V R32 on lap 4 at the Hotel Paris. Fast lap 1:40.325. Winning margin 11.326.

@skeagracing thank you for using my tune and winning with it.👍👍👍👍👍 I thought I could do it in this sleeper of a car. The video is astonishing.👍 I could hear the gear changes as you went into the circles and out. This kinda makes me want to quit racing and just concentrate on learning more about tuning. Very good race. I thank YHWH :bowdown:for allowing our paths to cross and become such good friends. You have helped me so much I'm very glad that for once I could do something worthwhile for you. Once my hand has healed I am going to have to run this race again and hopefully win with this car. I simply just don't have the words I need to express my joy in both the win and our friendship.:cheers:

Edit: Mods not sure if this is considered a double post or not. If it is I apologize. There was simply too much sentiment for each of the members to do it all one one post. If necessary combine the 2 or tell me how as I don't know how.

Haven't done this one much but so far got it with a 3400S and an RS-6 all stock. Well, had to detune but no mods. Got it with an Elise 11' that was modded real easy but I prefer to use unmodded cars if I can. Makes Momma proud.

My computer went crazy on me when I was posting this and I do not know how to fix it and just found out just now @photonrider. How can I fix this?? The internet in my area went down when I was trying to post this race.

Jordan fix it after I reported myself. Thank you for the suggestions!!!!!
I hope the problem is fixed by now, if it isnt, there are a generic steps to follow, such as having the latest version your browser of choice, and a long etc.
Let us know if you observe any strange behaviour in your computer, If so, maybe I can lend a hand. (IT guy here)
Took the Sambabus for a spin around Madrid
All aids off or set to zero :cheers:
OMG Congrats!
I had invested some hours in the sambabus, but the best time i get is high 9:04, but its surprisingly easy to drive for a tall peoplemover.
These buses were used heavily in Mexico City for decades, along with the beetle, and were recognized for their stability and reliability.
Jumping jungle bunnies @RMan72 what an amazing feat.:confused::confused::confused::confused: absolutely astounding. I'm struggling even with cars I know will win and you go out and win the the VW Bus. ....
As of my hours poured in this seasonal, the curves are nice and technical, but a prime factor to increase your odds is the gearbox. Most of the cars I had messed with achieve 210-220 kph max on the last straight, and you have to brake just before the 100 meters sign to achieve the 70-65 kph necessary to pass the chicane safely with the CS tires.
So set your gearbox for a 210-220 kph max and adjust your Custom LSD brake sensitivity in the 15-25 range
Remember the Apricot race in which a schwimmwagen or the other old VW car was making an appereance? I would not be impressed to see those getting nice times as well!
....I'd even venture to day that this has to be one of or even the best Seasonal race win I've seen since I joined :gtplanet:.
I enjoyed so much the Ferrari seasonal at Ascari, but this seasonal is bringing challenge, fun and a fair share of frustration, experiments and satisfaction! That, and a oh so lax definition of a hothatch. But I'm not complianing, the more cars we can try, the better!

Lotus Europa Special V.S. Alfa Romero 147 GTA. Circuito De Madrid 5 lap race. Lotus Europa Special. Tune by me. Cockpit race on Cockpit view. The cockpit of this car has some beautiful wood as I owned this street car. The Lotus 47 GT Race Car (my profile picture) was owned by Lotus and in 1970 when it was no longer competitive Lotus took it back from me. P1 Alfa Romeo 147 GT. Fast lap 1:40.808. Pass for the win over the Alfa at Bolsa De Madrid on lap 5. Winning margin 02.090.

Back