A-spec Expert Level European Hot Hatch Race: Circuito de Madrid / Reverse

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 101 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Expert Level European Hot Hatch Race: Circuito de Madrid / Reverse

A-spec #62 Expert Level European Hot Hatch Race @ Circuito de Madrid ~ Reverse.png

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.
If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

Tunes:

Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:
GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan
GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS
Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63
Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami
Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt
Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80
Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973
Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain
TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - by xande1959
Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell
Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle
The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde
Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44
MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo
Jeje6410 GT6 Tune Garage - by Jeje6410
If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.
:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Ok this one is annoying. The Elise 111S or 111R should do it. You need to get close to 1'40" as possible.

You would do well to RNG a weak field or at least one that's bunched up.

I got one with a 22 sec gap and was able to close onto the final three drivers at the 4th lap.

Undusted the reliable Alfa Romeo 147 GTA with 450pp, own tune, with some ideas from here and there, like the "cross" dampener rates I saw at praiano's Alfa Romeo 155 tune since the 147 its reallly heavy at the front. The laps (except for the first one) were close to 1:41:500
ALFA147GTA_MADRID_450pp01.jpg

Ok I got the BMW M Coupe, but the car remembered me of, the Jaguar Type E (correct me if I am wrong) in the sense that it feels oddly heavy for an FR. The 147 GTA feels better and more responsive, I'm scratching my head at this.
I dont know what GT6 considers a "hatchback" because some cars I thought will be included anet there. Anyway, Madrid reverse its a bit more fun that the normal version, and its somewhat entertaining -and distracting- to watch the IA battling with the chicanes and other tricky curves :sly:

Undusted the reliable Alfa Romeo 147 GTA with 450pp, own tune, with some ideas from here and there, like the "cross" dampener rates I saw at praiano's Alfa Romeo 155 tune since the 147 its reallly heavy at the front. The laps (except for the first one) were close to 1:41:500
View attachment 705634
Ok I got the BMW M Coupe, but the car remembered me of, the Jaguar Type E (correct me if I am wrong) in the sense that it feels oddly heavy for an FR. The 147 GTA feels better and more responsive, I'm scratching my head at this.
I dont know what GT6 considers a "hatchback" because some cars I thought will be included anet there. Anyway, Madrid reverse its a bit more fun that the normal version, and its somewhat entertaining -and distracting- to watch the IA battling with the chicanes and other tricky curves :sly:
Very good driving/love this car!!

I've tried this with a Golf VI R, Megane Trophy and a BMW 135i with no luck, I always finish 20+ seconds behind the leader. Any tips?

This one surprised me.:lol:I used my '11 Mini and thought it would be a breeze because I do better at Madrid Reverse like Autumn Ring in Reverse. Well I didn't win on my first try. :confused:I lost by almost 12 seconds to a BMW 135i. So I now that I own one I'll give it a go. I have plenty of cars in this PP range.

Very good driving/love this car!!
Thanks!! Its always encouraging to hear that from seasoned drivers
I've tried this with a Golf VI R, Megane Trophy and a BMW 135i with no luck, I always finish 20+ seconds behind the leader. Any tips?
I fancy myself as an average driver, but here is what I think you should look at first.
Custom LSD
This is mandatory, because it lets you control how fast the car accelerates and brakes.
Increment the Accel sensitivity to get better acceleration, and make tests to see what fits your car and driving style. Too much of this leads to oversteering.
Increment the Brake sensitivity to get better braking, Usually 20 is more than enough if you are combining with racing brakes, but if you go with standard brakes maybe you should 25 or 30 for starters. If you go too high the car will get unstable while braking, and in here you need a very stable car!
Racing Brakes
Also a must do, or if you are aiming for a purer car, Increment the brake balance from the usual 5/5. If you installed the LSD , then increment the LSD brake setting.
Gearbox
A better gearbox gives you way better Acceleration, but remember to adjust your braking accordingly, because the real challenge in this seasonal is finding alternatives arouind the CS tire limitations.
Weight
Go for weight reductions!!! This will give you better braking and will make the car more agile on corners, and you will need every fraction of second you can extract from your car

@GhostRider65 tune for the '04 Elise 111 R is amazing.👍👍👍👍👍👍 I couldn't believe I was on comfort soft tires. I couldn't find a tune for the135i that suited me and then read @ishikawa2501 post about the Elise. I went and bought a new one because I have several of these with different tunes and the oil has been changed in all of them. The only thing I did was use my own gearbox and final drive. @ishikawa2501 is right about Madrid Reverse, it is a much more fluid track to drive. :cheers:

Attachments

• 20180111_210214[1].jpg
    20180111_210214[1].jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 56
I'm not sure there's a solution for the BMW 135 coupe. The problem is that you are forced to run a 95% power car to make the grade and further, you still have to pull 1,560kg which is well over the top.

The AI can do it as they have a 22 sec start but you? I'd like to see it.

The Elise '11 is an easy win over the BMW on pole with the Clio in P2. I tried a few different cars first and the best was the Grande Punto at 9 seconds back. Here is the tune for those in need. Just a few tweaks from my 350pp setup.

105/107
5.10/8.41
4/3
5/3
3/3
0/0.2
-0.08/0.14

Racing Brakes 4/3

Trans
112 slider
FG 3.623

Diff 7/10/27
Twin plate clutch

Stage 1
Computer
Racing exhaust
Manifold
Converter
Intake
Low rpm turbo
97.0%

Downforce 13
Ballast 55kg @ -33
No weight reductions

Mid corner throttle control is important and don't stomp on it at corner exit. If you get a little heavy on the gas, you will be greeted with controllable overseer. On my winning run, I had 2 laps at 1:39.1 and a 1:38.6 was my fast lap in the race before it. This is a very capable car for anyone to drive.

I use a DS3 on both sticks. I used ABS of 1 as my only aid.

Last edited:
The Elise '11 is an easy win over the BMW on pole with the Clio in P2. I tried a few different cars first and the best was the Grande Punto at 9 seconds back. Here is the tune for those in need. Just a few tweaks from my 350pp setup.

105/107
5.10/8.41
4/3
5/3
3/3
0/0.2
-0.08/0.14

Racing Brakes 4/3

Trans
112 slider
FG 3.623

Diff 7/10/27
Twin plate clutch

Stage 1
Computer
Racing exhaust
Manifold
Converter
Intake
Low rpm turbo
97.0%

Downforce 13
Ballast 55kg @ -33
No weight reductions

Mid corner throttle control is important and don't stomp on it at corner exit. If you get a little heavy on the gas, you will be greeted with controllable overseer. On my winning run, I had 2 laps at 1:39.1 and a 1:38.6 was my fast lap in the race before it. This is a very capable car for anyone to drive.

Dino 246 gt 71' tightened up some what from the fab elise but makes more speed in the straight sections with an easy 8'56

105/107
5.10/8.41
4/3
5/3
3/3
0/0.2
-0.08/0.14

Racing Brakes 4/3

Trans
112 slider
FG 3.623

Diff 7/10/27
Twin plate clutch

Stage 1
Computer
Racing exhaust
Manifold
Converter
Intake
Low rpm turbo
97.0%

Downforce 13
Ballast 55kg @ -33
No weight reductions

Good setup!
After a couple of races: RT 8:40,6xx & FL 1:36.8xx
DS3/AT/ABS1
Thank you very much

Ciao

I had the same thing happen in my first race. The the AI became very aggressive. I lost the first race by 12 seconds using my Elise Sport 190. I thought this was going to be a piece of cake, but found out quickly that it wasn't I had to get my Elise 111 R to win.

Behold the underdogs and underapppreciated!!:mischievous:
Citroen C4 Coupe 450pp Fastest lap 1:40:586
CITROENC4_MADRID_450pp01.jpg

Because no car used in rallies can be that bad.
A "weird" thing happened, after tried some things, The car wasnt acceleratng enough, so I added weight and power so I can have the same 450pp, the kg/hp ratio went up a little, but I used that extra weight to the rear, and with this and some extra settings, and it improved a lot!
So... I implemented the same concepts to this one:
Audi A2 450pp Fastest lap 1:40:181
AUDIA2_MADRID_450pp01.jpg

German Peoplemover FTW

To this one I used the defualt Racing Hard suspension, did a basic transmission flip, and attached a rearwing
Fiat Coupe Turbo 450pp and I forgot to note the fastest lap ooops
FIATCOUPE_MADRID_450pp01.jpg

So I applied the same to the mithic MiTO!
MiTO 450pp Fastest lap 1:39:156!!
FIATMITO_MADRID_450pp01.jpg

Im so impressed by this one, a real sleeper :dopey:
For reference, im using and old SIXAXIS, with d-pad and buttons, so in better hands these can fly!

@Racin510s Thank you for the idea to run this car.
Circuito De Madrid. MG TF160. P1 BMW 135i Coupe. P2 Audi A3 3.2 quattro. Tune by me. Fast lap 1:39.015. Pass for the win on lap 5 at Bolsa de Madrid. Winning margin 02.929. The wing in the back was great in the corners an set to minimum 5.

Circuito De Madrid. Opel Speedster Turbo. P1 Megane R.S. Trophy. Tune by me. Fast lap 1:39.208. Pass for the win over the Megane R.S. Trophy at the end of lap 4 at the start/finish line. Winning margin 07.258.

This is a pretty fun event. Some of the rabbits are pretty darn quick, I guess. I can lose by ~10 seconds against some and win against some. Either way, I really like the stock Clio V6 premium car. The BMW '07 starts at 456 PP. Gonna try that car with power reduced. I'm trying to figure out the fastest rabbit car but that in itself is proving to be a challenge. Good flow to the track.

I didnt even checked the other seasonals, because the little free time I have I go directly to madrid.
I agree, the track has a nice flow, the curves require attention to datail as the apexes (or apices) are not clearly defined as in other tracks, and minor stuff can consume precious seconds.
I have a real hard time not laughing at the IA, specially the not-so-intelligent ones, like those that drive the 10th and 11th car. Its like 60% of the time they crash at the chicane, and the front heavy cars they drive cant help but making this even funnier, just like when they brake at the last curve of the Circuito di Roma track.

More experiments! I'm just posting them because I achieved sub 9:00 times.

VW LUPO 1.4 450pp, the house recipe tune + rearwing
LUPO1.4_MADRID_450pp01.jpg

VOLVO C30 R-Design, 450pp, the house recipe tune + rearwing
VOLVOC30R_MADRID_450pp01.jpg

Peugeot 106 Rallye, 450pp, the house recipe tune + rearwing
106RALLYE_MADRID_450pp01.jpg

The volvo and the peugeot are specially front heavy, beyond the 60:40 weight distribution ratio, so I added just enough weight on their backs to achieve the 60:40, copy/ paste the spring rates and heights from the default racing hard tune, but the toe and camber angles are almost the same in house recipe and the and the dampener rates are most of the times as follows:
4/3 comp
3/4 ext
That setting is what I called the "cross dampener", remember that I saw that on @praiano63 's Alfa 155 tune.
But for the 60:40 ones I made a experiment going:
5/3 ext
4/4 comp
The handling improved but the magnitide of the improvement varies among cars.
Keep in mind that these tunes have lots of improvements pending, and its not by any means a specialized and ultra optimized tune for every car, as they would easily take 2-3 hours at least for every car and I dont have that kind of time at the moment.

Last edited:
I would have thought that my '10 Scirocco R with @WhoosierGirl tune would get the job done quickly. Wrong again. I used the MG Tf160 and even after hitting the wall in the little chicane I still won over 11 seconds over the something Golf. The tune is stock but the rear wing at 5 does the trick when I flipped the transmission. Wasn't on the rev limiter but close. Really fun drive. Fast lap was my last lap at 139.606.

Edit: This one hurts my hand too much so I am limiting my runs. So far what has been the fastest rabbit? I believe this MG will take it. Having way too much fun at the Muscle car race. I've been pushing the lead car from the bridge down the long straight, making it go much faster than it wants to and at the last second braking hard going way to the inside and watching the leader crash. my most fun race so far was the '70 Challenger against the '10 purple Viper.

Attachments

• 20180116_193005[1].jpg
    20180116_193005[1].jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I would have thought that my '10 Scirocco R with @WhoosierGirl tune would get the job done quickly. Wrong again. I used the MG Tf160 and even after hitting the wall in the little chicane I still won over 11 seconds over the something Golf. The tune is stock but the rear wing at 5 does the trick when I flipped the transmission. Wasn't on the rev limiter but close. Really fun drive. Fast lap was my last lap at 139.606.

Edit: This one hurts my hand too much so I am limiting my runs. So far what has been the fastest rabbit? I believe this MG will take it. Having way too much fun at the Muscle car race. I've been pushing the lead car from the bridge down the long straight, making it go much faster than it wants to and at the last second braking hard going way to the inside and watching the leader crash. my most fun race so far was the '70 Challenger against the '10 purple Viper.
@Racin510s Glad about the win and the wing at 5. No real tune needed:gtpflag:!!!!!!

Edit: This one hurts my hand too much so I am limiting my runs. So far what has been the fastest rabbit? I believe this MG will take it.
Hurting the hand how?
What I detected in my case was that the muscle that handles my thumb was getting cramped. I managed to reduce that with some exercise and mild massages. Cramped muscles are a tricky thing, because the pain sometimes irradiate to wide areas making it harder to locate the its source .
Most of the time your muscles get cramped when you do some repetitive tasks. Rest your hands every hour or 40 minutes and do other stuff, like opening and closing your fists several times. In my case it helps to prevent spasms and cramps.

As for the rabbits, so far I had seen the Mégane RS Trophy and the 135i Coupé.
I have in my sights for tune candidates the A3, the BMW Concept 1 (the ones that looks like a 135i on steroids), but I'd like to test the Peugeot 206 variants first. Alas Im getting the vibe that the A3 and the Concept 1 would not need any tune to win :odd:
Obviously, the Fiat 500 is on that list too, but I´m dubious as the Autobianchi A115 could not achieve the acceleration needed to conquer the rabbits.
OH! there are those turbo versions, the Renault R5 and the peugeot that I want to try them so bad!
I really wanted to the old beetle and my Karmann ghia to be allowed in this :irked:

Back