A-spec Expert Level European Hot Hatch Race: Circuito de Madrid / Reverse

Discussion in 'GT6 Seasonal & Quick Match Events' started by nowcontrol, Jan 11, 2018.

1. skeagracing

skeagracing

Lotus Elise Sport 190. Tune by me. P1 Audi A3 3.2 quattro. Pass for the win over the Audi quattro at the end of lap 3 start of lap 4 after the first S curve. Winning margin 19.831. Fast Lap 1:39.335. This Lotus runs with only 133HP/5,100 rpm. And a Power-to-Weight Ratio of 5.03kg/HP. I want to thank @Racin510s for keeping my focus on winning with this Lotus as it a took a few days to get the tune right. After that it went very fast after I got the LSD/Power-to-Weight Ratio to work for the win with this Lotus.

Racin510s and lfm58 like this.
  2. OscarW

OscarW

Used the 09 Lotus Evora fully tuned and lightened and it is a beast. 1:36 best lap and total time of 8:35 with 220 kmh in the transmission and 5/11/5 in the diff with the power limiter in the seventies. Nothing too exotic and I lapped a Polo GTI in both races, I now know what I will be using for the rest of this seasonal.

3. coryclifford

coryclifford

I ran the Evora also, stock with power reduced. Seemed sluggish but still, not too bad. Elise was better I think.

Ferrari 512 was fun.
    BMW Z8 was alright.
    '74 Countach was great.
    RUF BTR was super fun.
    A110 1600A '72 was great, too.

4. ishikawa2501

ishikawa2501

Well, another additions, all quick and dirty tunes by me
    MERCEDES BENZ A160 Avantgarde 450pp
    MERCEDES_A160_MADRID_450pp01.jpg
    Nice Mini peoplemover, a little oversteery

OPEL TIGRA 450pp

OPEL_TIGRA_MADRID_450pp01.jpg
    Another nice little car, good handling, didnt spend much time with it

AC CARS 427 S/C 450pp
    AC_427SC_MADRID_450pp01.jpg
    I didnt though this could qualify as a hatchback, but then again, I'm not complaining. The car felt nice, under control, but the power downgrade had a huge impact on acceleration, this was to be expected as with other cars where the downgrade is about 100pp. I guess that adding weight and power will fix that, but I hope that I have time to do that.

I tried to tune the VW SCHWIMMWAGEN, invested hours on it, but and oddly thing happens. When I brake to take the chicane , the car turns itself to the left, HARD. I tought the rigidity could be off, or my t(h)rusty SIXAXIS was acting on me, but I tested for those conditions and had no positive findings. On test races on other tracks this is not a problem.
    I brought all the way up the sping rates to start reducing the height, and I got that behaviour. I tried to the best of my abilities to effectively counter that to no avail. On the APRICOT seasonal the SCWIMMWAGEN shone because how well it takes the curves, so I guess that my experiments incremented the "turning while braking" effect so much to undisirable rates, so the car is reacting too much to the chicane's surface. I will appreciate your input on this matter!

5. bjl23

bjl23 Premium

I thought this needed to be shared, it's an entry to the ALPHA MAULER event in the AI HUB Posted by @ERAZER.

ALPHA MAULER
    [​IMG]

Racin510s and ishikawa2501 like this.
  6. ishikawa2501

ishikawa2501

Well... mind blownd and hats off.
    I tried doing so much stuff, but the best time I got with the Mito its high 8:42, I guess this is the best I can do with TC on, but I am not used to the accel on sticks or the R2.
    I would really like to see a replay on that time

7. skeagracing

skeagracing

Lotus 111R. P1 BMW 135i Coupe. Tune by me. Fast lap 135.547. Winning margin over the BMW135i 10.824. Pass for the win on lap 4.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    Racin510s likes this.
  8. bjl23

bjl23 Premium

Me to, @ERAZER do you have a replay?

Racin510s likes this.
  9. ERAZER

ERAZER

Afraid not, forgot to save it. :indiff:

Laptimes was 1:35 for first lap, and then 1:33 for the following laps, apart from lap 4 where I made a small misstake.
    Now its mostly down to 3 things:
    Setup - make sure gearbox allows you to never bog down or top out, and make the car soft for grip, and lots of rotation (rear toe out)
    Driving lines - no exuberant driving, staying nice and tidy to the driving line, not spinning the wheels out of the corners, and ofcourse learning the brakingpoints so you dont brake too late or too early.
    Avoiding the AI - make sure you loose little to no time when passing the AI, you should never slow down to their pace, waiting for a gap. if they are at the wrong place at the wrong time, take some height and get them out of the corner, or restart and try again.

Also, please tag me whenever you repost any of my content, I was not aware you posted here.

Racin510s likes this.
  10. bjl23

bjl23 Premium

I did tag you. @ERAZER
    Is the a Formula to setting up the gear box or just trail and error.

Racin510s likes this.
  11. skeagracing

skeagracing

@ERAZER All well 100% said for sure. For me my biggest satisfaction is winning clean.

Racin510s likes this.
  12. ERAZER

ERAZER

Oh, I see you did, strange I did'nt get the notification... Oh well.

A generic flp will always be a very good start, and for most cars, nothing else is needed.

1: reset to default
    2: set final gear to maximum
    3: set max speed to minimum
    4: set 1'st and 2'nd to minimum (as tall gearing as possible)
    5: set 5'th and 6'th to maximum (as short gearing as possible)
    6: set 4'th in a way so that the spacing from 3'rd to 4'th is slightly longer than it is from 2'nd to 3'rd, but shorter than it is from 4'th to 5'th. You dont have to touch 3'rd. the spacing between the gears should be even from 2'nd to 6'th, increasing ever so slightly between each gear.
    7: set final gear so that your top speed is slightly above what you reach on the longest straight (trial and error) if you got about 1000 rpm to go to rev limiter when you hit the brakes at the main straight, its good. :)

Furthermore:
    for almost all cars I just drop springrate and dampers all the way to minimum value, some negative rake because GT6 settings is messed up (RH about 115/90 is good for most cars)
    Then reset camber and toe to 0.0 (FWD cars I usually use -0.60 rear toe out)
    Leave the brakes alone, and put LSD to 5/12/5 for RWD, and 5/40/5 for FWD

Also, make sure powerparts are used properly, too much and you get a flat powercurve and you loose BHP, too little and you get a engine that is too peaky and you never get to use the full power.

when it comes to weight, then less is more, always. Unless youre in the LLC rocket or the GSX-R/4 or similar lightweighters.

And make sure you get the powerparts/weightreduction done first, or you'll mess the gearbox up.

I did a guide for this, quite a long time ago, and its mainly for race cars, and only focuses on suspension and LSD, but might still be usefull:

Racin510s, bjl23 and skeagracing like this.