A-spec Expert Level Ferrari Challenge: Ascari Full Track

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 117 comments
It seems that I like this event so much that I have been using different cars on my own account without regard of the credits. This is the closest race I've had in car that I think was trying to kill me.:lol: Not really, it was just harder to drive with the same driving style that I'm used to. I had multiple offs, did a 360 and got 4 penalties, 2 of them the AI ramming me and the other 2 completely my fault at the start chicane. That's the one thing I just haven't figured out. A little too far left or right gives me a shortcut penalty. So I have to slow way down and tip toe through it. The car was the early 250 with all the Italian names, tune by @praiano63 from way back in early 2015. I had like 526 PP with everything you could put on the car and no wing. Yes I do use aids, I use SRF, ABS 4 and TC between 2-5 depending on the car. I'm trying to learn to use no aids like I did when my wheel was working. It is very hard to catch with the D-Pad and like I learned at Skip Barbers racing school I drive very deep into the turns and having ABS at 4 allows me to slow down fast without losing the car. I have been hoping to find a G25 or 27 used that I can afford, but no luck so far.

I'd give it a go without TC & ABS as this tends to slow you down, I've learnt a lot since I got GT6 back in 2014 (after binning the Xbox :lol: ). I've since have all previous GT series all the way back to the first edition :D including PlayStation's too :dopey:.
Word of advice just take your time to get the feel of the cars (do a free run if you like to get the hang of the cars).

As for the first chicane, I'd get yourselve as far over as possible to the left of the track on entering the chicane move over to the right side of the track (so that your cutting across at an angle) I can do this in either 2nd gear if there's opponents in front of me but otherwise I normally leave it in 3rd gear and just give it a bootfull over the chicane and pry I don't loose it :nervous:

Also try the California as that's a pretty good car to go for plus it's good in the corners, or there's the 365 which too is a good all round.

Hope this helps :cheers:

When I raced yesterday, the AI Enzo had some pretty violent accident.^^ It hit the wall right after the first chicane In the beginning of the last lap. The AI completely trashed the car. I had to watch the replay because I wondered why the car was suddenly over Half I minute behind me.

I've seen that happened a few times in the races I've done too :lol:

Just wow man, great driving!

Just wanted to say thanks for that... been trying to catch that elusive 11 minute time you showed us earlier, but I'm not that good. Still trying though!

Yes I do use aids, I use SRF, ABS 4 and TC between 2-5 depending on the car. I'm trying to learn to use no aids like I did when my wheel was working. It is very hard to catch with the D-Pad and like I learned at Skip Barbers racing school I drive very deep into the turns and having ABS at 4 allows me to slow down fast without losing the car.

I too am a DS3 user, driving in Automatic Transmission to boot. Personally, I use the analog stick to steer with, as I find it that much more accurate (as accurate as a pad can be anyways). In your Driving Options where you set up your TC and ABS settings, you also have "Controller Steering Sensitivity" settings... I have mine set up to 7 (max). I find this to be the quickest for reaction time, but I've been using that setting for a couple years now here on GT6. If you try it, it will take some time getting used to it, but in my humble opinion, you will be faster after you do get used it.

Another suggestion is to keep every car at TC 1 instead of learning how to drive different cars with different levels of TC... this will build up your consistency overall no matter what the car or drivetrain. Simply put, going above TC 1 slows down the car way too much for both overall speed and acceleration, but at TC 1 it still controls wheelspin enough to be manageable, even in high powered cars using a degree of throttle control. I use TC 1 and ABS 5 for every car to maintain consistency throughout. In low powered cars however, even TC1 makes the car too slow... trust you me, I found that out the hard way. :lol:

Having said that, I truly believe that I'm faster with TC 1 versus TC 0 overall. Why? Because being in control of that wheelspin all the time produces faster laptimes for me. I'm not the quickest by any standard, but I think I'm decent enough. Try out these suggestions if you like, or the other suggestions you've read here in this thread or elsewhere in the past here on GTPlanet. That's what makes these forums great... people will try to help out. Hope things work out for ya!

The Magnum P.I. car on steriods...

tX0atOh.jpg

MR72BLT.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:
Ferrari Dino 246 GT. No tune. No Aids. Clean race. No penalties. P1.Enzo. P2.458. P3.430. P4. 599. Fast lap 2:19.200. Pass for the win on lap 4 over the Enzo at Gachot Corner. The Enzo went off at Gachot for no apparent reason. Finishing order was crazy for sure as listed here. Dino.458.430.F40.GTO.430.Enzo. Winning margin over the 458 was 00.857. The Dino 246 GT is my personal best Ferrari of all times for sure. I had the lucky chance to drive one in Corsica in 1976 for a few glorious months.

Absolute cracking driving mate love the move you made on the 458 that was epic, bet the driver thought where did he come from ! :lol:
I too used a Dino although mine was tuned up, will have to try a stock one :)๐Ÿ‘

Absolute cracking driving mate love the move you made on the 458 that was epic, bet the driver thought where did he come from ! :lol:
I too used a Dino although mine was tuned up, will have to try a stock one :)๐Ÿ‘
@JDM Jeff
You have the eyes of an eagle as that was the most important move that I made on the 458 and made the whole race possible. I had to try 7 times to win with the Dino as the 458 was always holding me up at some point in the race. Funny thing it was never the Enzo that got in my way as the Enzo was just looking for a place to crash out of the race all seven times before I won. Thank you good buddy. I hope to be able to help you some day. Just give me ring.

I appreciate the advice from @JDM Jeff and @Baron Blitz Red regarding my use of aids.:)๐Ÿ‘ Today using the same settings as I always use I set my fastest time yet. Using the '06 F430 and tune from @Kenzel. I have been trying to eliminate aids and no ASM has made me better and faster. Next I'll try lowering the TC. I've used a DS3 since GT1 until I was blessed with a DFGT. After about a month I was using no aids with the DFGT. It was very well used by the :gtplanet: friend that gave me the DFGT in GT5. It died. Since I went back to the DS3 I have slowly been trying to eliminate aids. IMHO to each their own. I'm not out to be an alien or impress anyone I'm just having fun. To me that's what it is all about. When I get frustrated I stop playing. I did grab a few photos showing the results on the car I was driving with TC4, ABS 4 and Active Steering at Strong. I got all of my bragging rights taken care of driving a Datsun 510 in the SCCA. Now that my son has a few Vision GT cars, the 2J and a bunch of discarded cars for paint chips I'll let him move on from here. I'll go back to my account and try some of the suggestions just to see what happens. As always I am glad to be a part of such a great community and the friends I have made over the years here.

:gtpflag:rocks!

Attachments

• 20170613_164428.jpg
    20170613_164428.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 20170613_164210.jpg
    20170613_164210.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20170613_163649.jpg
    20170613_163649.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 18
I appreciate the advice from @JDM Jeff and @Baron Blitz Red regarding my use of aids.:)๐Ÿ‘ Today using the same settings as I always use I set my fastest time yet. Using the '06 F430 and tune from @Kenzel. I have been trying to eliminate aids and no ASM has made me better and faster. Next I'll try lowering the TC. I've used a DS3 since GT1 until I was blessed with a DFGT. After about a month I was using no aids with the DFGT. It was very well used by the :gtplanet: friend that gave me the DFGT in GT5. It died. Since I went back to the DS3 I have slowly been trying to eliminate aids. IMHO to each their own. I'm not out to be an alien or impress anyone I'm just having fun. To me that's what it is all about. When I get frustrated I stop playing. I did grab a few photos showing the results on the car I was driving with TC4, ABS 4 and Active Steering at Strong. I got all of my bragging rights taken care of driving a Datsun 510 in the SCCA. Now that my son has a few Vision GT cars, the 2J and a bunch of discarded cars for paint chips I'll let him move on from here. I'll go back to my account and try some of the suggestions just to see what happens. As always I am glad to be a part of such a great community and the friends I have made over the years here.

That's awesome to hear about your 510 big thumbs up on that :)๐Ÿ‘
Good to hear it buddy enjoy the game. Each to their own on how we all play this game. :cheers:

@Racin510s glad to see you are making good use of that F430 I loaned to you......however, when you are finished with it, I expect it back with a full tank of fuel....no dents and washed :D
:cheers:

@Racin510s glad to see you are making good use of that F430 I loaned to you......however, when you are finished with it, I expect it back with a full tank of fuel....no dents and washed :D
:cheers:

@Kenzel she's all clean, full of racing fuel, oil changed, washed and waxed my friend. Such an excellent tune, especially the transmission.๐Ÿ‘

No on to the topic at hand. I used @Jeje6410 tune on the Enzo with only 2 changes the brakes to 8/7 to the final drive to 3.818. I lowered my TC to 4, kept my ABS at 4 and Strong Active Steering. I didn't find that is was a slippery as others have said, but I'm sure it is because of the aids I do use. I had no problem beating the lead Enzo. This was on my own account. Saved the replay but have no idea how to share it without a capture device. Anyway I think the @Jeje6410 tune is very good. I was only slower by about a few tenths compared to @Kenzel F430. I have had a lot of fun with this event, I'd say I have enjoyed this single event more than any in recent memory. Thank you @Jeje6410 and @Kenzel for the great tunes and thanks to all of you in the community.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘:cheers:

Attachments

• 20170613_175932[1].jpg
    20170613_175932[1].jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

@Racin510s I agree, this is just a game, and everyone is having fun no matter what level they play at (from novice to Alien) or what level of competition they are going for. I love this group of people for the simple fact that they all accept us no matter what level we are at and what help we need. this community is the best!!

yeah yeah I know, its a bit mushy but you all deserve it...lol

@Racin510s I agree, this is just a game, and everyone is having fun no matter what level they play at (from novice to Alien) or what level of competition they are going for. I love this group of people for the simple fact that they all accept us no matter what level we are at and what help we need. this community is the best!!

yeah yeah I know, its a bit mushy but you all deserve it...lol

Greatly appreciate your post @Wolf68. Like people have said it takes a whole village to raise a child, the same goes for :gtplanet:. Were it not for the diversity of the people here it wouldn't be the greatest Gran Turismo community on the internet. Many thanks again @Jordan and crew.

I'm not out to be an alien or impress anyone I'm just having fun. To me that's what it is all about.

That totally agree on what you said :cheers:, when there are races just go out and win the race and it doesn't matter what race time you get as long as you win, I am going to do this from now on is just win the race and not win by a mile, and like you said this I'm just having fun that is all you need to do because it is not a Time Trial.

I took the '84 GTO with a modified tune from @Jeje6410 and had a great time knocking the socks off of the Enzo. All of lap 4 was a challenge with the Enzo, we swapped the lead 3 times until lap 5 when the Enzo tried to pass me and overshot the 3rd chicane (the last one before the sweeping left to the finish line) went flying out into the field/grass. Then as usual got that extra thousand HP and made of a lot of time but in the end the GTO was the victor by 9 seconds.
I also applied the tune on the Enzo that @Baron Blitz Red did, which was zero out the camber and toe. For my driving style it suited me better than with camber and toe. I also changed the final drive on both cars. Still @Jeje6410 has done an excellent job at tuning all of the Ferrari cars I've used in this event. Had to spend some credits just because and bought the '66 GT40.

Attachments

• 20170614_161412[1].jpg
    20170614_161412[1].jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 16
That totally agree on what you said :cheers:, when there are races just go out and win the race and it doesn't matter what race time you get as long as you win, I am going to do this from now on is just win the race and not win by a mile, and like you said this I'm just having fun that is all you need to do because it is not a Time Trial.

I have to be honest, I like easy races, and using cars that suit my driving style, that way I can push myself to get my personal best "fun" time. I didn't like this race much in the Enzo, but once I started using the 430, and got it tweaked, I started to love the race. I'm always surprised if my "fun" times are any good because the most fun drive is never the fastest drive. Going fast is, and always has been work, and I do enough of that, no need to replicate it in a game.

I took the '84 GTO with a modified tune from @Jeje6410 and had a great time knocking the socks off of the Enzo. All of lap 4 was a challenge with the Enzo, we swapped the lead 3 times until lap 5 when the Enzo tried to pass me and overshot the 3rd chicane (the last one before the sweeping left to the finish line) went flying out into the field/grass. Then as usual got that extra thousand HP and made of a lot of time but in the end the GTO was the victor by 9 seconds.
I also applied the tune on the Enzo that @Baron Blitz Red did, which was zero out the camber and toe. For my driving style it suited me better than with camber and toe. I also changed the final drive on both cars. Still @Jeje6410 has done an excellent job at tuning all of the Ferrari cars I've used in this event. Had to spend some credits just because and bought the '66 GT40.

Thanks a lot my dear friend Racin510s for having used all my Ferrari for this event. It's a real pleasure for me. :cheers::cheers:

@JDM Jeff
You have the eyes of an eagle as that was the most important move that I made on the 458 and made the whole race possible. I had to try 7 times to win with the Dino as the 458 was always holding me up at some point in the race. Funny thing it was never the Enzo that got in my way as the Enzo was just looking for a place to crash out of the race all seven times before I won. Thank you good buddy. I hope to be able to help you some day. Just give me ring.

Finally won with a stock Dino with no assists, no tuning, although mine was a little rough in places but above all it was great fun but frustrating too, it took me several attempts to win this, but I did win in the end.:lol:

Ferrari 365 GTB 4. No tune. No aids. Clean race. No penalties. Fast lap 2:16.531. Pass for the win over the Enzo on lap 4 at corner Rafael. Winning margin 00.903. I am a bit frustrated as since this race at Ascari has started I have never been able to pass the Enzo as it crashes a soon as I get close to taking the lead.

@Baron Blitz Red, with your times have you been able to lap the poor guy in the GT 250? The best I have been able to do is to see him across the grass when I finish.

No, not me... though I'm pretty sure one of those alien type people here on :gtpflag:are fast enough to pick him up on the first lap, do their experiments, and drop him off again without him knowing it except maybe for some new scars or maybe a superfluous nipple or something like that! :lol: ;)

Cheers

I'll be really sad when this event closes. I don't know when I have had this much fun with an Expert Race. I've used 5 different Ferarris, the Enzo, the 365 GTB, the California, the Dino and the F430. The Dino was the most difficult one to win with but had a great tune by @Jeje6410. After the frustration with the Senna Super Lap I went back to this event to vent my frustration. Many thanks to @Jeje6410, @Baron Blitz Red, @Kenzel, @praiano63 and @shaunm80 for the great tunes. I'm not done yet and will keep running this one until it's gone. This event has gotten my son's account to max credits, allowed me to buy 2 of the 20 million credit cars that I didn't buy in the beginning. Above all to a track that I once disliked very much to now a track I really like. As usual I would not have had this much fun had it not been for the contributions of the great :gtplanet: community. :gtpflag:rocks so thanks to @Jordan as well and @nowcontrol for keeping us informed with each new event.

I'll be really sad when this event closes. I don't know when I have had this much fun with an Expert Race. I've used 5 different Ferarris, the Enzo, the 365 GTB, the California, the Dino and the F430. The Dino was the most difficult one to win with but had a great tune by @Jeje6410. After the frustration with the Senna Super Lap I went back to this event to vent my frustration. Many thanks to @Jeje6410, @Baron Blitz Red, @Kenzel, @praiano63 and @shaunm80 for the great tunes. I'm not done yet and will keep running this one until it's gone. This event has gotten my son's account to max credits, allowed me to buy 2 of the 20 million credit cars that I didn't buy in the beginning. Above all to a track that I once disliked very much to now a track I really like. As usual I would not have had this much fun had it not been for the contributions of the great :gtplanet: community. :gtpflag:rocks so thanks to @Jordan as well and @nowcontrol for keeping us informed with each new event.

I totally agree with you @Racin510s. This event has been great fun. I have however been really selfish and used @Jeje6410 tunes, which have been brilliant :bowdown:or my own little 365 GTB. Keep having fun while this event lasts because we know they are not all this good:cheers:

I totally agree with you @Racin510s. This event has been great fun. I have however been really selfish and used @Jeje6410 tunes, which have been brilliant :bowdown:or my own little 365 GTB. Keep having fun while this event lasts because we know they are not all this good:cheers:

Coming from you it's always a real pleasure to read yours comments. I appreciate a lot and I thanks you very much. I do not find the words to say thank you but seeing that you have fun with my tunes makes me very happy. Thanks again my dears friends :bowdown::bowdown::cheers::cheers::cheers:

I'm wearing this event out. I switched to the '07 F430 Scuderia with @Jeje6410 tune and set my fastest lap time yet. This event has be so much fun and what a gold mine it has been. I've lost count of the cars I've bought and tuned with just this event. I have used many great tunes and cars. The best tunes have been between @shaunm80 and @Jeje6410. Can't thank either of them enough for w/o their tuning skills and the time they put in providing their tunes GT6 would not be so much fun.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ I'm going to run this until it's over, mainly because PD has a past history of giving us really good events followed by ones that I wouldn't even waste my time on. Let's hope that the new races are as good as these last 3 have been. To all who have commented and liked my posts, I thank you.:bowdown: :gtpflag::cheers:

Attachments

• 20170627_173806[1].jpg
    20170627_173806[1].jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20170627_173827[1].jpg
    20170627_173827[1].jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 12
I'm wearing this event out. I switched to the '07 F430 Scuderia with @Jeje6410 tune and set my fastest lap time yet. This event has be so much fun and what a gold mine it has been. I've lost count of the cars I've bought and tuned with just this event. I have used many great tunes and cars. The best tunes have been between @shaunm80 and @Jeje6410. Can't thank either of them enough for w/o their tuning skills and the time they put in providing their tunes GT6 would not be so much fun.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ I'm going to run this until it's over, mainly because PD has a past history of giving us really good events followed by ones that I wouldn't even waste my time on. Let's hope that the new races are as good as these last 3 have been. To all who have commented and liked my posts, I thank you.:bowdown: :gtpflag::cheers:
I am ready for LeMans and race cars:cheers:.

Last edited:

Thanks a lot my dear friend :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::cheers::cheers:

Thanks, that means a lot. I haven't spent much time tuning GT6 as I am trying to get my head around the beta physics for GT Sport. Hopefully they don't mess the physics up too much so the tuning style I am adapting stays similar for the full game.

Back