A-spec Expert Level Ferrari Challenge: Ascari Full Track

Discussion in 'GT6 Seasonal & Quick Match Events' started by nowcontrol, Jun 1, 2017.

1. nowcontrol

nowcontrol

A-spec Expert Level Ferrari Challenge: Ascari Full Track

A-spec #54 Expert Level Ferrari Challenge @ Ascari Full Track.png A-spec #54 Expert Level Ferrari Challenge @ Ascari Full Track - ER car list.png A-spec [#54] Expert Level Ferrari Challenge @ Ascari Full Track.jpg

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
    of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

Tunes:
    Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - by xande1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

Jeje6410 GT6 Tune Garage - by Jeje6410

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  2. Uday9479

Uday9479

I love Ascari!

3. AlexAlien

AlexAlien

I didn't even know the layout before today, so don't know if i love it already ;)

Need more laps to feel comfortable, but started the journey winning with a Stock Enzo (SH tires, Power @ 75.1%), using TC2 and ABS1 as driving aids.

Going down the PP list later, trying to win with stock settings if possible.

Have fun with this one :cheers:

Racin510s, Wolf68, Jeje6410 and 3 others like this.
  4. randys

randys

So which car is best here?

5. gt6champnk69

gt6champnk69

6. KimVieira

KimVieira

7. OscarW

OscarW

The 430 Scuderia '07, in my opinion the best handling Ferrari in this game.

8. UltimateLurker

UltimateLurker

Agreed, but the Enzo is ultimately faster.

TripleE63, Wolf68 and gt6champnk69 like this.
  9. coryclifford

coryclifford

I looked at the old thread because I was thinking I did this before with all the Ferraris still stock. Found my list:

Stock California = fun
    Stock Dino = awesome
    Stock Enzo = easy
    Stock F40 = exciting
    Stock F430 = easy
    Stock GTO = fun
    Stock SP1 = easy
    Stock 250 = very cool
    Stock 365 = meh
    Stock 430 = fun
    Stock 458 = easy
    Stock 512 = very cool
    Stock 599 = not bad

Turbo, TripleE63, Jeje6410 and 7 others like this.
  10. Racin510s

Racin510s Premium

Thank you @coryclifford for posting these cars. Ascari is a :banghead: tough track for me so having your list will help me a lot. I was thinking of using the Dino first so I'm really glad to see your comments. Thanks again.:tup::cheers:

Also many thanks to @nowcontrol for keeping these posts.:tup::tup::tup::tup:

TripleE63, Wolf68, Jeje6410 and 2 others like this.
  11. AlexAlien

AlexAlien

I saw this on the old thread, nicely done! :tup:

Since you did it on SS-tires and this time around only SM-tires (or lower) are allowed, you should do it again - if you have spare time apart from the Nurburgring - maybe completely stock this time? :cheers:

Edit:
    @Racin510s why not go through the list by PP, from top to bottom?
    BTW, hope you're doing well my friend! :cheers:

TripleE63, Wolf68, Jeje6410 and 2 others like this.
  12. UltimateLurker

UltimateLurker

I still can't drive this track for isht. Pretty fun in this car with TC 1 though.

[​IMG]

13. Racin510s

Racin510s Premium

Thank you @AlexAlien for the suggestion and the greeting:tup:. All's well on my end and hope yours is too. I'm looking forward to chasing your ghost line my friend. I probably won't get to these until tomorrow because I just spent the last 2 hours racing with the Geezer Club. Since my wheel broke using the DS3 for 2 hours had my hands starting to cramp. May you have a good and fast run at this one.:cheers:

Edit: @UltimateLurker you won by 36 seconds oh my goodness:bowdown:. I'll be doing good just if I can gold this one.

geezer1791, TripleE63, Wolf68 and 2 others like this.
  14. coryclifford

coryclifford

Fifth try. 100% stock Dino on stock SH tires. No blocking, no contact anywhere. One of the game's greatest cars. They slow down in a couple spots they don't need to, and that's always been a complaint of mine about Ascari. Never understood that. But that's how a 413pp car can beat 550pp (I wonder where the Enzo is at because that thing takes off like mad). He was closing in FAAAAAST in the end.

image.jpeg

15. OscarW

OscarW

Did a re-run with the Enzo and you're right, it's a 1 to a 1,5 second a lap faster. And the FXX wasn't allowed which would be faster still.

16. coryclifford

coryclifford

The FXX takes a serious power cut to hit 550. It was definitely slower at the recent Nürb 550 pp race than the Enzo was.

Wolf68 likes this.
  17. OscarW

OscarW

The last straight of the Ring was bonkers, I had other cars that made up 4 seconds in that sector. But in the corners the FXX in my hands was faster than the Enzo.

Wolf68 likes this.
  18. coryclifford

coryclifford

Looked in the thread and found this. :lol:

May 8, 2017

Few more wins with stock cars on SM tires today:

Tommykaira ZZII - fastest for me
    Ferrari Enzo - slippery
    Ferrari FXX - fastest down the long straight

Granted, them tuned could be a whole different story, all I did was cut power and tires, but I'm pretty darn sure I was faster in the Enzo.

Wolf68 likes this.
  19. StirlingMoose

StirlingMoose

When did your alien abduction take place? I just checked the results from the old stock thread and the lowest PP winner was the 512BB. Even MadMax didn't manage it in the Dino. Kudos, mate.

TripleE63 and Wolf68 like this.
  20. coryclifford

coryclifford

Maybe it's when they jammed the G27 wheel up my backside, which replaced a thoroughly worn DFGT? It's definitely more precise, as I can tell by the seat of my pants. There was a joke or pun in there somewhere.

Been playing Dirt Rally a bit. I was noticing that when I'd drive GT6 again it seemed a bit easier to be sliding around, or have confidence in the sliding around.

Probably just more beer. Seems most reasonable. :D

21. coryclifford

coryclifford

Pardon the double post action but I wanted to make sure. Yep, and even four beers more and four seconds slower, it's doable.

image.jpeg

He got real close this time, but again, the AI brakes at the worst spots, makes no sense. I bumped the side of a guy that slammed the wall and got a five second penalty.

22. UltimateLurker

UltimateLurker

43 seconds, I posted the wrong time first.

You can do it. I used Praiano's tune with just a few tweaks that I'll list below.

1. All weight reduction
    2. Ballast 38kg @ -50
    3. TC-1
    4. 4300 final drive

You should end up with: 550PP - 69.7% power - 458hp / 482tq - 1119kg - 47/53 weight dist

In the right hands this tune will easily do 10:45

23. skeagracing

skeagracing

And here I was wishing for a race at LeMans at 700PP or a 20 lap race anywhere.

24. Tony ray

Tony ray

At least all my Ferrari,s are set at 550pp from the now much missed Nurburgring seasonal.

skeagracing, Wolf68 and fordlaser like this.
  25. Wolf68

Wolf68

image.jpg
    My attempt in F40, definitely a slippery car!!

CC you, my man, are very fast around this track! (Ok every track...lol) doing my best to keep up with all of you guys.

Dino = 12:25.995

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  26. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

The Ferrari SP1 '08 tuned by me, goes very well at this track :).
    My Great Capture Screenshot 2017-06-02 12-51-05.png
    My Great Capture Screenshot 2017-06-02 12-51-53.png

27. Racin510s

Racin510s Premium

I won this one on my son's account with a '06 F430 with a modified '07 F430 tune by @praiano63. I've been playing on his account because essentially was a fresh start without the Mercedes money glitch that was available with the pre-ordered AE GT6. Now that I have him up to 33 million credits I'm headed back to my account to run these 3 new ones.

Attached Files:

28. Racin510s

Racin510s Premium

Okay here we go again. This was a separate account. This one I won with the California and have no idea where the tune came from. There are only 4 or 5 tuners that I use their tunes. So thank you @shaunm80, @Jeje6410, @GhostRider65, @SW__10 and @praiano63. I had a 4 second lead on the :censored: Enzo on lap 4. Then on lap 5 it was like the AI added nitro, a turbo and a supercharger and dropped 1000 kg and the only thing that saved me is the fact that the AI always slow way down for the corners. As you can see in the picture .810 MOV and 2nd place was 12 seconds behind. IMHO PD needs to get their :censored: together. Yes it's an Expert race but come on, you're already 20-40 seconds behind on lap 1 and they get more PP as well.:mad: So here is to the tuners :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Attached Files:

29. Polsixe

Polsixe

SP1 was too fast at 2:14 to 2:18 laps, but the 2nd place running Enzo had a huge off on lap 4 that 120 degree left, finished 4th. Only need to tune for 155 mph max speed, and for those unfamiliar with the track the chicanes, aren't; just dollar sign them.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  30. Wolf68

Wolf68

The SP1 with my tune was not nearly as fast...12:23.675. Might have to do some more work on this one...

MoparGTS, TripleE63, Jeje6410 and 2 others like this.