A-spec Expert Level Group GT3 Car Challenge: Laguna Seca [Mazda Raceway]

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 82 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Expert Level Group GT3 Car Challenge: Laguna Seca [Mazda Raceway]

A-spec #30 Expert Level Group GT3 Car Challenge @ Laguna Seca [Mazda Raceway].jpg

A-spec [#30] Expert Level Group GT3 Car Challenge @ Laguna Seca [Mazda Raceway].jpg

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Came up 4.5 seconds short in my attempt with the Greaves Zytek. The rabbit was the Long Tail F1 GTR. It says Group GT3, but some GT3 cars don't qualify. Why not just call it the Dream Car Challenge ? I really don't understand PD sometimes.

LM55 = really fun 5 lap race. I added full weight ballast to slow me down, set to 600PP and a surprisingly fun race going through the pack. slow start but after a lap and half, i started picking up momentum.
IMG_4447.JPG

and once again thank you nowcontrol for the updates

At first I tried to stay true to the race title and decided to use my SLS AMG GT3. I failed miserably twice. Got 6th the first attempt and 4th the second attempt. Got angry and used my Toyota TS030
Snapchat--2744599713719370052-1.jpg

Might try with the McLaren F1 GTR next.

image.jpg
I must of misread this or something aha I read GT3 challenge...

In all honesty how stupid, I was actually looking forward to racing some GT3 cars but you know PD.

Edit: Best I could manage with my stock BMW Z4 GT3 was fifth. Well time to pull out my Mazda Furai GT3

Anyways I did it with my 600pp Furai with no tune, best lap 1:18.5

Last edited:
Was tough..(with spec'd car)
Did it with the GT3 Z4
Ran
1:21
1:19
1:20
High 19s. Won by .1. Passed the f1 2nd to last corner.

Didn't realize you could use any car.

Edit
Went back and ran again. This time, instead of an F1, ford gt and Citroen it was 2 F1's.
Ran all 1:20 but the first lap.
Leading F1 over cooked the last turn on lap 4. He came in 3rd. Made the win easy that time. Weird that I ran faster last one and barley won!!

Last edited:
Ignored the Mclaren and went for the Corvette Racer and Ford GT LM Spec line up. Used the TS030 and caught the leading Ford at the start of Lap 4, at which time it took an excursion deep into the gravel (not the first car to go off in the race). I eventually finished over 21 seconds ahead of the Corvette in second place. I should have saved the Replay as I gained over 12 seconds on the last lap and I have no idea how.

Honestly found this one semi challenging in all but the quickest cars. For some reason, anything over 7.03 and I was toast. The gtr-r34 really gave me a good bunting off the track on the left into the dip. Don't know why, had raced completely clean, but anyway that's racing. Enjoy, good quick race.

Not sure why they called it a GT3 race when you don't have to use a GT3 car and the field only contains one or two of them. The PP level is wrong for GT3 anyway because the SLS and GT-R have too high a PP to enter without detuning and they're already slower than the R8 and Z4.

Anyway, weird AI in this one. If I entered in a slower car they drove faster and then when I used a quicker car they drove so slowly I could have used pretty much anything and still won, same field both times. At least it's an improvement on the last one.

I love this track! Zytek with shaunm80's tune minus the gear ratios help me win 2 races but i wanted to beat the Mclaren F1s. 3rd race had both F1s and boy it was fun chasing them.
7:04.xxx with best of 1:18.2xx Im sure the gear ratios will help enter mid 1:17s

Strangely saw couple cars just couldn't brake in time for Turn 2 and Turn 5

I love this track! Zytek with shaunm80's tune minus the gear ratios help me win 2 races but i wanted to beat the Mclaren F1s. 3rd race had both F1s and boy it was fun chasing them.
7:04.xxx with best of 1:18.2xx Im sure the gear ratios will help enter mid 1:17s

Strangely saw couple cars just couldn't brake in time for Turn 2 and Turn 5
Same over here, great track! 👍 I encountered the McLaren twins the second time. Nice ride and you're right, some AI cars went off the track. Gonna try some cars now and cash the credits with this 7 minutes race.

Given an easy(ish) field, this is certainly a good source of credits. Made easier by the AI's ability to go "sightseeing"!

Still making good use of a stock detuned TS030. Really ought to figure out the tuning... I usually just tkae them as they come, other than gearing and downforce.

I haven't tried this one yet, but everyone and their moms know TS030 is going to win it. So I will pick a slower car first.

I was clearing high 1'20's in the Zytek HSV-010 '12, but that wasn't enough for 1st. I got 2nd a few times, switched to the TS030, ran some low 1:18's, and smoked the Mclarens.

Used a Praino tune (minus the trans settings) for the TS030 and ran a 6:49 for the win against the Mclaren's 6:59 with a DS3.

Managed a 1:16.4 lap on my last run in the TS030, finishing in 6:53 or so. Passed the lead car at the end of Lap 3 when he went off after the last corner. Bizarre result (not for the first time). The second placed car finished 5 seconds behind the third placed car! The third placed car being over 23 seconds behind me!

Certainly a quick source of credits if you need them as you could run the race 4 times in 30 minutes for just over 2 million.

A few cars I tried out that won:

Peugeot VGT
Ferrari 330 P4
FTO Super Touring Car
ABT Audi TT-R
Loctite Mugen NSX
Vertigo Race Car
Camaro LM Race Car
Amemiya RX7

Peugeot VGT Laguna Standings.jpg 330 P4 Laguna Standings.jpg FTO Super Touring Car Laguna Standings.jpg ABT Audi TT-R Laguna Standings.jpg Loctite Mugen NSX Laguna Standings.jpg Vertigo Race Car Laguna Standings.jpg Camaro LM Race Car Laguna Standings.jpg Amemiya RX7 Laguna Standings.jpg

EDIT: Add the Monster Sport SX4 to the list of vehicles that can win against an easier field.

Monster Sport SX4 Laguna Standings.jpg
Monster Sport SX4 Laguna Car.jpg

Last edited:
It's a tough race for me using actual GT3 cars against the McLaren F1 GTR LM Race Car '97. (If it stays on the track.)

Gotta try the Daytona Cobra! Hadn't thought of that.

easy money ,easy gold

2J ds3 total time 6.43.xxx....wins very easy every rabbit ... lol

600pp
438hp
834 kg
48/52

60/65
1361/1320
8/1
8/8
4/7
1/0,5
-025/005
bb 4/7

power 62,9%
no turbo
ballast 13/-50
lsd 5/10/5

max 300klm
1. 2003
fg 2846

its not mine for sure but i dont remember the tuner.....:)

Last edited:
the above tune did it for me

the only change i did was to move the gearbox to 250km/h

you wont hit 300 anyway and the lower ration allows more engine flexibility

took down the 97 F1 Fina GTR longtail which just about says it all albeit the race had plenty of people spin out into the kitty litter

Did it with an NSX stealth, Didn't do too bad but could of been better if I would of stayed on the track during one lap. Overall I did win since I had the GT-R's.

Back