A-spec Expert Level GT500 Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 406 comments
Gotta be. I just got a 6:52 total time and 6:22 track time. 30 seconds faster would be ludicrous speed.

Exactly. This was my first time, with a terrible tune. I plan to hit this one hard tonight, but I need the right car, and the right tune first.

Supra.jpg

Got 1st in the base model Supra and the Castrol Supra '00.

Used a Woodone Supra with a Stage 1 turbo installed and got a really easy win, I think I got just under 7 minutes and a difference of just under a second.

I got second with one of the HSVs twice. Im going to try that Supra. I did some testing at Bathurst awhile ago, and this was the fastest of the Supras by a few seconds.

I would have thought that all those laps I ran in the previous TT that I would at least get a podium. Best so far 5th in the Woodone Supra (it's the only GT500 car that I have that will let me race). It took me a bit to get past the roadblocks and got spun out by one of the NSX's. I definitely need a different car. I lowered the final and could barely hit 180 on the long straight. I've got plenty of credits so buying a new car for this is not a problem. I'm open for suggestions for a car as long as it has a tune to go with it.

Edit: I tried my Stealth GTR and it won't let me race it either. I looked really close to the allowed list and there aren't any Stealth versions allowed. So what car? Hmmm.

Last edited:
Many thanks to @coryclifford for his help getting me to a podium finish. Great car choice(HSV) and tune. I think this is the 1st time I've had a podium finish at the 'Ring in all the years I've been play GT. I've just haven't been able to run well at this track ever. This car is so good I'm going to keep trying to win this one while the track is still fresh in my brain from the previous TT.

OK, tried the HSV, and the weight/handling is light years ahead of the Supra, but curiously I'm no faster in the car. Part of it is the fact that the car really doesn't like the rumble strip. Part of it is the top speed (about 7 mph shy of the Supra's). Part of it is just my driving. 7:48? I'm not seeing myself do that without some major work.

OK, tried the HSV, and the weight/handling is light years ahead of the Supra, but curiously I'm no faster in the car. Part of it is the fact that the car really doesn't like the rumble strip. Part of it is the top speed (about 7 mph shy of the Supra's). Part of it is just my driving. 7:48? I'm not seeing myself do that without some major work.

I was able to get my first ever podium with this car and set up. I've seen that you are a much better driver than I am so this car should work well for you if it works for me, granted I haven't won it but I'd never had a podium finish before either. I don't remember my top speed on the long straight but I was able to pull away from the Arta NSX that had been dogging me since I passed him. Best of luck:tup:

So your final time was 6:54, not 6:25, correct?
That's correct. My actual race time though was 6:25 and I can't understand why any other time is added to it. I managed 7:05 in the 550PP NSX in the Time Trial so only being able to do it in 6:54 in a proper race car at 600PP is absurd.
I accept the times are the times and we all have to use what we are given, but why time is added to the actual race time I can't fathom. Mind you, I'm sure someone has a sensible answer.

Gotta admit this was a fun and a bit challenging as I went from the GTR to the Supra and finally achieving first place with the Hsv. The Hsv just seemed a lot quicker as the Supra was good but had to be cautious and the GTR was very stable but I couldn't catch up to the car in first.

6:50.688 .... (6:22.422) HSV.

6:49.244 .... (6:20.976) Now winning $850k at 170% Log in bonus.

Oh, reaching 189km/h on the final straight under the overhead.
And using Hi range turbo, no engine tuning, power limiter 81.1 and no extra ballast.
Max front downforce and rear @ 600.

Last edited:
I got 1st with HSV base model. I softened up the suspension and dropped the downforce.:mischievous: 205mph on the big straight drafting first place.:D Was close, but hey a win is a win lol.

Extremely scummy, but I used SRF + ABS 1 (no tc) to get the job done only because i really wanted to win with Tsuchiya's gt500 supra.

Still a very challenging race, given how this car isn't as good as many of the alternatives.

The rubberbanding in this race is disgusting lol.

Attachments

• 0115160148a.jpg
    0115160148a.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 67
Extremely scummy, but I used SRF + ABS 1 (no tc) to get the job done only because i really wanted to win with Tsuchiya's gt500 supra.

Still a very challenging race, given how this car isn't as good as many of the alternatives.

The rubberbanding in this race is disgusting lol.

As is the brake checking and ramming from behind. Sorta takes all the fun out of it.

Back