A-spec Expert Level GT500 Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

Discussion in 'GT6 Seasonal & Quick Match Events' started by nowcontrol, Jan 14, 2016.

1. CinnamonOD

CinnamonOD

Used a Woodone Supra with a Stage 1 turbo installed and got a really easy win, I think I got just under 7 minutes and a difference of just under a second.

LewyMan, Jasonlam013 and Draggon like this.
  2. UltimateLurker

UltimateLurker

Exactly. This was my first time, with a terrible tune. I plan to hit this one hard tonight, but I need the right car, and the right tune first.

[​IMG]

3. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

Got 1st in the base model Supra and the Castrol Supra '00.

4. coryclifford

coryclifford

Overall time seems very dependent upon where you encounter traffic.

Good car.

image.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  5. Nikalerob

Nikalerob

I'm trying this with the 97' Castrol Supra, it's been tough without a proper tune. But it's amazingly fun

BenMillard likes this.
  6. steve nfs

steve nfs

Driving my old IRL favourite Supra . Wow, really challenging with this slower GT500. As usual no driving assist more fun. :cheers:
    20160115_050552.jpg

BenMillard, GT_Astroboy and nowayback like this.
  7. Draggon

Draggon

I got second with one of the HSVs twice. Im going to try that Supra. I did some testing at Bathurst awhile ago, and this was the fastest of the Supras by a few seconds.

8. UltimateLurker

UltimateLurker

Searching for ShaunM80 tune now.

9. coryclifford

coryclifford

48 club now. :sly::tup:

Dalone and UltimateLurker like this.
  10. UltimateLurker

UltimateLurker

I'm still miffed that they give us a Stealth Model NSX for the win and won't let us use it in the race! Seriously. Grrr.

11. Racin510s

Racin510s

I would have thought that all those laps I ran in the previous TT that I would at least get a podium. Best so far 5th in the Woodone Supra (it's the only GT500 car that I have that will let me race). It took me a bit to get past the roadblocks and got spun out by one of the NSX's. I definitely need a different car. I lowered the final and could barely hit 180 on the long straight. I've got plenty of credits so buying a new car for this is not a problem. I'm open for suggestions for a car as long as it has a tune to go with it.

Edit: I tried my Stealth GTR and it won't let me race it either. I looked really close to the allowed list and there aren't any Stealth versions allowed. So what car? Hmmm.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  12. coryclifford

coryclifford

GT-R GT500 is very stable. HSV-010 is faster, though.

If you're struggling, try a different field.

13. Jasonlam013

Jasonlam013

Stage 3 engines

Kossie likes this.
  14. RCKakashi14

RCKakashi14

Get the Woodone Supra. I guess there's no replacement for displacement. :p

image.jpeg

Chef Mel likes this.
  15. Racin510s

Racin510s

Many thanks to @coryclifford for his help getting me to a podium finish. Great car choice(HSV) and tune. I think this is the 1st time I've had a podium finish at the 'Ring in all the years I've been play GT. I've just haven't been able to run well at this track ever. This car is so good I'm going to keep trying to win this one while the track is still fresh in my brain from the previous TT.

skeagracing, Dalone and coryclifford like this.
  16. UltimateLurker

UltimateLurker

OK, tried the HSV, and the weight/handling is light years ahead of the Supra, but curiously I'm no faster in the car. Part of it is the fact that the car really doesn't like the rumble strip. Part of it is the top speed (about 7 mph shy of the Supra's). Part of it is just my driving. 7:48? I'm not seeing myself do that without some major work.

17. coryclifford

coryclifford

Try this:

HSV tune

Added body rigidity and do oil change.

Suspension
    62/62
    12.13/12.13
    2/2
    2/2
    3/3
    0/0
    0/0
    Brakes 5/5

LSD 10/11/20

Engine Stage 3 and at 96.8%

Downforce 320 and 550

Transmission reset to default
    149 mph
    3.100 final gear

592 hp
    351 ft-lb
    1.85 kg/hp

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    2cam16, MoparGTS, skeagracing and 3 others like this.
  18. Racin510s

Racin510s

I was able to get my first ever podium with this car and set up. I've seen that you are a much better driver than I am so this car should work well for you if it works for me, granted I haven't won it but I'd never had a podium finish before either. I don't remember my top speed on the long straight but I was able to pull away from the Arta NSX that had been dogging me since I passed him. Best of luck:tup:

19. coryclifford

coryclifford

Balance of downforce and top speed.

I see 182 on the uphill with no draft.

GT_Astroboy likes this.
  20. kemmac

kemmac

EAZY... DF down to 200 (F) 350 (Rear)

Attached Files:

21. Dalone

Dalone

That's correct. My actual race time though was 6:25 and I can't understand why any other time is added to it. I managed 7:05 in the 550PP NSX in the Time Trial so only being able to do it in 6:54 in a proper race car at 600PP is absurd.
    I accept the times are the times and we all have to use what we are given, but why time is added to the actual race time I can't fathom. Mind you, I'm sure someone has a sensible answer.

22. Joey R

Joey R

Gotta admit this was a fun and a bit challenging as I went from the GTR to the Supra and finally achieving first place with the Hsv. The Hsv just seemed a lot quicker as the Supra was good but had to be cautious and the GTR was very stable but I couldn't catch up to the car in first.

MidnightRun85 likes this.
  23. Dalone

Dalone

6:50.688 .... (6:22.422) HSV.

6:49.244 .... (6:20.976) Now winning $850k at 170% Log in bonus.

Oh, reaching 189km/h on the final straight under the overhead.
    And using Hi range turbo, no engine tuning, power limiter 81.1 and no extra ballast.
    Max front downforce and rear @ 600.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    BenMillard likes this.
  24. Lenny0081

Lenny0081

Still 15 sec off the winner, have tuned the hsv, got 6th about 5 times, maybe just not good enough

25. LM7325

LM7325

I got 1st with HSV base model. I softened up the suspension and dropped the downforce.:mischievous: 205mph on the big straight drafting first place.:D Was close, but hey a win is a win lol.

26. Anime Pro

Anime Pro

Extremely scummy, but I used SRF + ABS 1 (no tc) to get the job done only because i really wanted to win with Tsuchiya's gt500 supra.

Still a very challenging race, given how this car isn't as good as many of the alternatives.

The rubberbanding in this race is disgusting lol.

Attached Files:

27. Draggon

Draggon

As is the brake checking and ramming from behind. Sorta takes all the fun out of it.

Anime Pro likes this.
  28. Anime Pro

Anime Pro

The most annoying thing about the ramming is that if you ram them, they have the stability of a continent. If they ram you however, it's like your car weighs nothing.

29. Mt. Lynx

Mt. Lynx Premium

I haven't been rammed from behind in this race, but the way they swerve and slow down in front of you coming out of corners, is really annoying.

GT_Astroboy likes this.
  30. Kossie

Kossie

:bowdown::tup: Easy gold with this tune.

furryboy96, 2cam16 and coryclifford like this.