A-spec Expert Level GT500 Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

Discussion in 'GT6 Seasonal & Quick Match Events' started by nowcontrol, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Kossie

Kossie

Yeah thats de Ring he? Som dudes are faster on it because they know what to do on high speed and in corners;)

2. RacingHardTV

RacingHardTV

Good run. Mistakes everywhere, but not critical.
    6:17,2 raw time

3. coryclifford

coryclifford

6:17 is flying! Nice. :tup:

6:53 in the GT-R with a spin. Just warming up. Few lunch beers and l'll try to to match the :48 in the HSV. The GT-R must be a long wheelbase car? It's planted like a tank.

Edit :51 in GT-R

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  4. Kossie

Kossie

:censored::tup::tup:

Draggon and RacingHardTV like this.
  5. TMagnum

TMagnum

Thanks for this great tune!
    First try and Gold.

skeagracing, coryclifford and Kossie like this.
  6. UltimateLurker

UltimateLurker

I want to try the GT-R, but not until I ultimately fail in the HSV, the GT-R is planted in my experience, but I can really feel the weight (it wants to leave the track). But it's really good on the rumble strips.

7. J_Starscream

J_Starscream (Banned)

The AI stupidity is real.

Racineer likes this.
  8. davidt33

davidt33

And now for some bad news.
    <----Fail. Three times....12th.
    Yup. The Expert Level Challenges are indeed for experts. I shall go now in the corner to sulk.

On the brighter side, I did have a blast on the Beginner Level GT300 and the Intermediate Level European Hot Hatch Challenges and made some millions and got some nice presents so my attempts at the Seasonals this rounds was well worth it. Hip Hip....

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    Kossie likes this.
  9. davidt33

davidt33

Hey that's damn good RacingHardTV. *Tips hat*.

Dalone likes this.
  10. Draggon

Draggon

Today I experienced how bad the rubber banding is. Yesterday I won twice with overall times around 7:13 with only a second or so lead. I put @coryclifford 's tune on the HSV, got a 6:59xx time and was 3rd, 11 seconds behind. I was behind less than 8 seconds at the carussel when the leaders just took off.

wedjim, coryclifford and Racineer like this.
  11. coryclifford

coryclifford

They feared the HSV.

skeagracing, Draggon and StanNz like this.
  12. SVPSkins

SVPSkins

Using my trusty HSV base model and I've done 8 races and its 2nd everytime, I'm about 10 seconds behind the leader by the time i get to the carousel. Even tried the coryclifford tune myself with no luck. The rubber banding on this is a ridiculous as well. I got past the leader once in my 7th attempt, at the Pflanzgarton and the 350Z got past straight away and darts off into the distance and i was 6.4 seconds behind, so I'm settling for 2nd.

RunsOnCoffee and wedjim like this.
  13. FerrariGTO84

FerrariGTO84

Are you sure 149mph (240kmh) is right it's a bit slow to me, just checking. Hitting rev limiter on straight rest of cars flying past, only finished 1 place better 9th with these settings. I have ASM off, TCS 3 or 5 depending on car, can anyone help please

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  14. RacingHardTV

RacingHardTV

Reset Gearbox to Standard. First Step: Max Speed to 240 km/h (don't touch that now) then the Final Gear to 3100.

wedjim and coryclifford like this.
  15. Dalone

Dalone

Best lap so far, back with the HSV, 6:47.600 ...... 6:19.267, win by 21.325 sec's.

Tried Engine Tuning 3 and Low RPM Turbo, PowerLimiter @ 86.6.

16. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

Thanks mate, I'll give it a go with your tune later on! :)

coryclifford likes this.
  17. MN6WS6

MN6WS6

If you're not in 4th by the carousel, you might as well settle for second. I didn't have any rubberband issues, but I didn't touch anybody from 4th to first as I passed them (tough to do, I know.) I passed the leader on that last hard right before the loooooooooooooong straight heading towards the finish, but cleared him by a couple of feet, and there was no rubberband effect, I was actually pulling away.

wedjim likes this.
  18. Fuzzi0n

Fuzzi0n

Bit of a weird event with the AI, they're a pain to overtake because they weave around on the straights rather than sticking to the racing line, it usually ends up costing you a lot of time. I ran a 6:35 on my first try with the Lexus at stock PP and with some traffic holding me up, clean lap would probably be around 6:30 but it still wouldn't have been quick enough to beat that field. Changed to the GT-R, got a new field of cars and won by 7 seconds without really trying. I'm not a fan of tuning the race cars past where they should be in real life so I would expect if you just turbo something up to 600PP it'll be pretty easy to win, especially if you get the slow field of opponents.

19. GTRufus

GTRufus

I just did it with the old school GT500 car Calsonic Skyline '00. Fun and challenging Event :)

20. UltimateLurker

UltimateLurker

Do you mind posting your tune?

Dalone likes this.
  21. MSZ

MSZ

This one is tough, tried it for the first time today, failed multiple times, 90 minutes later I finally got it done.

[​IMG]

Dave Beerman likes this.
  22. FerrariGTO84

FerrariGTO84

It's OK kept settings just put gearbox to 290kmh finished 6th. Will try settings for gearbox again thou, even thou if I set gearbox to standard won't be able to change final gear. I guess u mean reset to default on FC gearbox

23. coryclifford

coryclifford

Do the power adjustments, go to transmission, reset to default, put slider to 149 (240), then final to 3.100

24. Racin510s

Racin510s

Thanks to @coryclifford I have achieved a Silver 5 sec. behind the leading Nismo Z. That is a first for me ever since GT1. The 'Ring has always intimidated me, but with the @coryclifford tunes I've done better than I ever have. I feel a win just need to find the right lineup. My total overall times have been 6:48-7:01 so I need another 5-8 sec. for a win. This past TT has really helped me in my confidence but it's the tunes that are really the key to my continued success. I am really tired of the battering I've been getting from the NSX's. The AI in this race are the worst I've come across. I've been beat and banged on, been spun out several times. Has anyone else had this experience?

coryclifford likes this.
  25. Escorpion1296

Escorpion1296

Well after many attemps, finally won. I used the Petronas TOM'S SC430 '08 with @GhostRider65 tune for this car with some modifications:
    - Downforce to max (400/650)
    - Mid Turbo without stage 3 modification (only turbo)
    - No ballast
    Therefore the specs are:
    - 600 pp
    - 565 HP
    - 1100 kg
    - 1.94 kg/HP
    I catch Gutierrez in the penultimate corner making a time of 6:43:532
    Even so i need to adjuste the gearbox because in the final part of big straight of 2 km i lose 2/3 km/h but in the rest of circuit goes pretty fast

wedjim likes this.
  26. Dalone

Dalone

No worries mate, just about to fire up the PS3.
    It is labelled, MC HAMI+, which means it is a MC HAMI tune which I have changed a bit over time.
    This is for the HSV-010 GT Base Model '12.

PP 600, power 566bhp. Power limiter 86.6.

Engine tuning stage 3 .... Low RPM turbo.

No added ballast. Down force F 400 ... R 600.

LSD 13-11-6.

Gears (can't tell you how to go about it, only what they are) I do think they could do with some expert att'n though.
    Max Speed 290
    1-3840
    2-2618
    3-1926
    4-1485
    5-1199
    6-1015
    Fg-3892

70 - 70
    11.21 - 13.01
    1 -- 1
    1 -- 1
    7 -- 7
    0 -- 0
    0.05 -- -0.17

Let us know what you think as I'm always interested in improvement.

Kossie, Marapesu and UltimateLurker like this.
  27. FerrariGTO84

FerrariGTO84

I done that now, I had done final gear 1st then done Max speed. The car is much quicker now doing nearly 300kmh on straight. I got to practice on Nurburgring a lot as it's not my favourite track. Thanks for help thou

coryclifford likes this.
  28. UltimateLurker

UltimateLurker

Thanks for that, definitely improved my time, car is MUCH faster. However, it was really loose in the back (for my driving style), so I made a few tweaks to the diff, and down-force.

[​IMG]

wedjim and coryclifford like this.
  29. Gazza16

Gazza16

Hi
    I tried with Hsv and i can reach a second place, i have tried with this car (Nissan Calsonic skyline) and i am really far from them, can you please post your tune for the Calsonic?
    Thank you

30. wedjim

wedjim

Sounds like you need to get thru some QM's and acquire some cash/credits. Even getting last is 200,000 in many cases.