A-spec Expert Level GT500 Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

  • Thread starter Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 406 comments
  • 52,663 views
The track is hard itself. So just practice over and over...and over again
 
First attempt. The GT-R will serve you well here:

View attachment 501330

Quick acceleration, corners like it's on rails. Just block that damn Z on the long straight.

Bought the Calsonic GT-R '08, ran 5 times, best finish was 6th, 21 secs behind the leader. I'm a relative novice at the Ring, so I'll keep running it til I get the hang of it a bit better. Any hints on a tune? I've tried reducing rear camber, toe, downforce, and adjusting the top end gears but I'm still topping out at 288kph without a tow...

A couple of nice pics from one of my attempts last night:



 
Bought the Calsonic GT-R '08, ran 5 times, best finish was 6th, 21 secs behind the leader. I'm a relative novice at the Ring, so I'll keep running it til I get the hang of it a bit better. Any hints on a tune? I've tried reducing rear camber, toe, downforce, and adjusting the top end gears but I'm still topping out at 288kph without a tow...

A couple of nice pics from one of my attempts last night:



Try the coryclifford tune. It Helping me a lot.
 
Try the coryclifford tune. It Helping me a lot.

Is that in this thread somewhere? All I see is his HSV tune. I'm looking for a GT-R tune...
 
Is that in this thread somewhere?
Yes, Here it is:

Try this:

Added body rigidity and do oil change.

Suspension
62/62
12.13/12.13
2/2
2/2
3/3
0/0
0/0
Brakes 5/5

LSD 10/11/20

Engine Stage 3 and at 96.8%

Downforce 320 and 550

Transmission reset to default
149 mph
3.100 final gear

592 hp
351 ft-lb
1.85 kg/hp
 
Thanks, I'll try that out when I get another chance to spend a bit of time in game!
 
This non-racecar TT helped a lot for getting used to the track... nevertheless your much more quicker in the GT500 especially through corners.

First i gave a shot to my Z GT500 something. beautifull car but not fast enough but very stable (may there be a causality ... ;) ).
next i bought a HSV Basemodel for my 15th. Anniversary is not accepted. On the first try i made something about a 7.10 or .15.
After some tunes i came down to a 7.01 but still "only" second. maybe bad luck with the field a had.
some other trys tonight will bring first place with the HSV , i'm sure.
 
Bought the Calsonic GT-R '08, ran 5 times, best finish was 6th, 21 secs behind the leader. I'm a relative novice at the Ring, so I'll keep running it til I get the hang of it a bit better. Any hints on a tune? I've tried reducing rear camber, toe, downforce, and adjusting the top end gears but I'm still topping out at 288kph without a tow...

A couple of nice pics from one of my attempts last night:



Yes, learning the 'Ring is all important and will benefit you in the future for sure. However your top speed on the last straight is fine as far as I can tell. I'm only getting about that up until the bridge but by then I'm miles in front of second place.
I think I'll try some other cars for comparison to the HSV. And you can Google a tune for nearly any car although Nowcontrol has loaded a bunch of tuners the first page. Stick with it, it's a great track, one where I learned a lot about cornering years ago. Good luck.
 
Bought the Calsonic GT-R '08, ran 5 times, best finish was 6th, 21 secs behind the leader. I'm a relative novice at the Ring, so I'll keep running it til I get the hang of it a bit better. Any hints on a tune? I've tried reducing rear camber, toe, downforce, and adjusting the top end gears but I'm still topping out at 288kph without a tow...

A couple of nice pics from one of my attempts last night:





Here's mine:

Suspension (F/R):

Ride Height: 52/52
Spring Rate: 15.20/16.60
Damper Compression: 5/5
Damper Extension: 5/5
Anti Roll Bars: 3/3
Camber: 0/0
Toe: 0/0
Brakes: 5/5

LSD:

Initial Torque: 7
Acceleration: 5
Braking: 14

Transmission:

Set to 370 km/h
Adjust Gears:
1 - 3.922
2 - 2.547
3 - 1.822
4 - 1.406
5 - 1.125
6 - 0.900

Set Final Gear to 4.000

Power Limiter: 78.3%
Engine Stage 3

Downforce (F/R): 300/500
 
Driving HSV cars is just like setting SRF ON, too fake :crazy:.
 
Driving HSV cars is just like setting SRF ON, too fake :crazy:.

With full downforce, yes. But with a really fast tune for hotlapping it takes some time to get used to the insane rotation.
 
Tried the Lexus SC430 GT500 Base Model 08.
3rd stage tuning to make 600PP, LSD to 10-11-20, height 90-87
no camber and downforce 400 - 600, everything else untouched.
7:01.996.
Might try a couple more cars.
 
Tried the Lexus SC430 GT500 Base Model 08.
3rd stage tuning to make 600PP, LSD to 10-11-20, height 90-87
no camber and downforce 400 - 600, everything else untouched.
7:01.996.
Might try a couple more cars.
I just use the Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model '12 and my time is 7:02.175
 
My run with the GT-R. Pardon me for the potato quality.





By the way, I have a custom bgm playing during the race, in case you notice it. :sly:

Impressive lap! I'm miles off your pace! I was running 7:01-7:03 laps last night...
 
Impressive lap! I'm miles off your pace! I was running 7:01-7:03 laps last night...

Thanks. But as far as I'm concerned, everyone is right about using the HSV.

image.jpeg


Simply a monster. I saved a replay of its run. I'll upload it on request.
 
Another impressive lap! I can't run this track without at least one little spill where I'm fighting the car back onto the road after catching a rear wheel on the grass...
 
Man, something is wrong here, I can't bust 6:58, even though I like the car, and the track! I've probably run it 10 times, but no luck. I'm also just as fast in the Supra as I am in the HSV....with a guessing tune. WTH???? Obviously more grinding is in order.
 
Used the HSV and was at 7:12 in second with the winner finishing in 7:05. Only ran one clean lap after a couple restarts from early offs getting used to the car.

I may need to soften the suspension a little.
 
I get gold with 7:01. The number 2 got 7:06 I tought.
 
Man, something is wrong here, I can't bust 6:58, even though I like the car, and the track! I've probably run it 10 times, but no luck. I'm also just as fast in the Supra as I am in the HSV....with a guessing tune. WTH???? Obviously more grinding is in order.
Is 6:58 You're total time ?
 
Is that in this thread somewhere? All I see is his HSV tune. I'm looking for a GT-R tune...
That is for the HSV, not the GT-R. I started with the GT-R and did a 6:58 pretty easily.

GT-R tune
Suspension
60/60
12.13/12.13
3/3
3/3
4/4
0/0
0/0
Brakes 5/5
LSD 10/10/5
High RPM turbo
Power at 86.3%
Downforce 312/557
Reset transmission
124 mph
2.200 final gear

Not a particularly polished tune but easy to drive. You can raise it a bit if it's too bumpy or you like hitting the curbs.

I love where the exhausts exit on this car. 👍
 
Is 6:58 You're total time ?

Yeah. But I should be just a few seconds behind Cory on this track I think. And he runs a 6:48. Grrrr. lol 10 seconds is unacceptable! No need for me to really push it though, he'll just bust out a 6:35 and kill me with it. I'm happier now. lol
 
That is for the HSV, not the GT-R. I started with the GT-R and did a 6:58 pretty easily.

GT-R tune
Suspension
60/60
12.13/12.13
3/3
3/3
4/4
0/0
0/0
Brakes 5/5
LSD 10/10/5
High RPM turbo
Power at 86.3%
Downforce 312/557
Reset transmission
124 mph
2.200 final gear

Not a particularly polished tune but easy to drive. You can raise it a bit if it's too bumpy or you like hitting the curbs.

I love where the exhausts exit on this car. 👍
Try this tomorrow:tup: The only reason I drive this track more then once is the big cash :)
 
Back