A-spec Expert Level GT500 Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 406 comments
First attempt. The GT-R will serve you well here:

View attachment 501330

Quick acceleration, corners like it's on rails. Just block that damn Z on the long straight.

Bought the Calsonic GT-R '08, ran 5 times, best finish was 6th, 21 secs behind the leader. I'm a relative novice at the Ring, so I'll keep running it til I get the hang of it a bit better. Any hints on a tune? I've tried reducing rear camber, toe, downforce, and adjusting the top end gears but I'm still topping out at 288kph without a tow...

A couple of nice pics from one of my attempts last night:

Bought the Calsonic GT-R '08, ran 5 times, best finish was 6th, 21 secs behind the leader. I'm a relative novice at the Ring, so I'll keep running it til I get the hang of it a bit better. Any hints on a tune? I've tried reducing rear camber, toe, downforce, and adjusting the top end gears but I'm still topping out at 288kph without a tow...

Try the coryclifford tune. It Helping me a lot.

This non-racecar TT helped a lot for getting used to the track... nevertheless your much more quicker in the GT500 especially through corners.

First i gave a shot to my Z GT500 something. beautifull car but not fast enough but very stable (may there be a causality ... ;) ).
next i bought a HSV Basemodel for my 15th. Anniversary is not accepted. On the first try i made something about a 7.10 or .15.
After some tunes i came down to a 7.01 but still "only" second. maybe bad luck with the field a had.
some other trys tonight will bring first place with the HSV , i'm sure.

Yes, learning the 'Ring is all important and will benefit you in the future for sure. However your top speed on the last straight is fine as far as I can tell. I'm only getting about that up until the bridge but by then I'm miles in front of second place.
I think I'll try some other cars for comparison to the HSV. And you can Google a tune for nearly any car although Nowcontrol has loaded a bunch of tuners the first page. Stick with it, it's a great track, one where I learned a lot about cornering years ago. Good luck.

Here's mine:

Suspension (F/R):

Ride Height: 52/52
Spring Rate: 15.20/16.60
Damper Compression: 5/5
Damper Extension: 5/5
Anti Roll Bars: 3/3
Camber: 0/0
Toe: 0/0
Brakes: 5/5

LSD:

Initial Torque: 7
Acceleration: 5
Braking: 14

Transmission:

Set to 370 km/h
Adjust Gears:
1 - 3.922
2 - 2.547
3 - 1.822
4 - 1.406
5 - 1.125
6 - 0.900

Set Final Gear to 4.000

Power Limiter: 78.3%
Engine Stage 3

Downforce (F/R): 300/500

Tried the Lexus SC430 GT500 Base Model 08.
3rd stage tuning to make 600PP, LSD to 10-11-20, height 90-87
no camber and downforce 400 - 600, everything else untouched.
7:01.996.
Might try a couple more cars.

Tried the Lexus SC430 GT500 Base Model 08.
3rd stage tuning to make 600PP, LSD to 10-11-20, height 90-87
no camber and downforce 400 - 600, everything else untouched.
7:01.996.
Might try a couple more cars.
I just use the Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model '12 and my time is 7:02.175

Impressive lap! I'm miles off your pace! I was running 7:01-7:03 laps last night...

Thanks. But as far as I'm concerned, everyone is right about using the HSV.

image.jpeg

Simply a monster. I saved a replay of its run. I'll upload it on request.

Another impressive lap! I can't run this track without at least one little spill where I'm fighting the car back onto the road after catching a rear wheel on the grass...

Man, something is wrong here, I can't bust 6:58, even though I like the car, and the track! I've probably run it 10 times, but no luck. I'm also just as fast in the Supra as I am in the HSV....with a guessing tune. WTH???? Obviously more grinding is in order.

Used the HSV and was at 7:12 in second with the winner finishing in 7:05. Only ran one clean lap after a couple restarts from early offs getting used to the car.

I may need to soften the suspension a little.

Man, something is wrong here, I can't bust 6:58, even though I like the car, and the track! I've probably run it 10 times, but no luck. I'm also just as fast in the Supra as I am in the HSV....with a guessing tune. WTH???? Obviously more grinding is in order.
Is 6:58 You're total time ?

Is that in this thread somewhere? All I see is his HSV tune. I'm looking for a GT-R tune...
That is for the HSV, not the GT-R. I started with the GT-R and did a 6:58 pretty easily.

GT-R tune
Suspension
60/60
12.13/12.13
3/3
3/3
4/4
0/0
0/0
Brakes 5/5
LSD 10/10/5
High RPM turbo
Power at 86.3%
Downforce 312/557
Reset transmission
124 mph
2.200 final gear

Not a particularly polished tune but easy to drive. You can raise it a bit if it's too bumpy or you like hitting the curbs.

I love where the exhausts exit on this car. 👍

Is 6:58 You're total time ?

Yeah. But I should be just a few seconds behind Cory on this track I think. And he runs a 6:48. Grrrr. lol 10 seconds is unacceptable! No need for me to really push it though, he'll just bust out a 6:35 and kill me with it. I'm happier now. lol

That is for the HSV, not the GT-R. I started with the GT-R and did a 6:58 pretty easily.

GT-R tune
Suspension
60/60
12.13/12.13
3/3
3/3
4/4
0/0
0/0
Brakes 5/5
LSD 10/10/5
High RPM turbo
Power at 86.3%
Downforce 312/557
Reset transmission
124 mph
2.200 final gear

Not a particularly polished tune but easy to drive. You can raise it a bit if it's too bumpy or you like hitting the curbs.

I love where the exhausts exit on this car. 👍
Try this tomorrow:tup: The only reason I drive this track more then once is the big cash :)

Back